Transfer: 2020 Summer (we think) Transfer Window Rumors, News & Discussion part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Pretty much.
Whe he moved there was no reason to want to come back immediately.
Then last summer after the United disaster it made sense.
This year they're in the CL QF, Barca have been soporific all year long, he has no incentive to move

I'd say that's a really simple way of looking at it and I don't agree.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
It is being reported that Arsenal will look to sell Ozil in summer at all costs, he might still get playing time as Arteta's relationship with him is still all good, but the Arsenal board are furious with him. Supposedly everyone changed on him when every player accepted to take a 12.5% paycut for employees during the covid crisis...except him. Scum as far as I am concerned, another Ivan/Wenger buy looking like a plane-crash in the making.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Ozil was great for us for years.
He had his good moments, but they should've realised that his strengths and weaknesses were just too grand and we never had the talent like Real had to cover up his mistakes. I still don't think he was a good buy in the proper position and that falls on Wenger/Ivan. Pepe wasn't a good buy either, but this current regime has had more hits than busts as what has fallen in the last quarter of the Wenger era. The worst players currently on our roster is strictly because of Wenger and Ivan.

Now considering what has had happened since he's left, I admit I was unfairly harsh on Wenger and his managerial skills. I no doubt still wanted him gone and I think the game has left him by to a certain degree, but his offensive tactics and play-style definitely got underrated by me at the same time. However, his is transfer targets along with Ivan's input is why we're currently 9th place and that has nothing to do with Emery. Unai, though I will also full on admit was absolutely terrible, actually posted a similar record under Wenger the last two years. For the Gooners who think Emery was truly bad and bashed him endlessly, Wenger was pretty much at the same pace as he was.

Last edited:

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Mari staying put in Arsenal, the club picked up his option. He has not played much, although I think he has done enough to earn a spot in the CB rotation....Not that there is a high bar these days :p

Reactions: S E P H

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

He will be a starter as the 10 immediately 100%. His competition is corpse of Ozil, Joe Willock and Smith-Rowe. Smith-Rowe may actually be the main #10 next year TBH.

But TBH, they need to sign a buy like Buendia. Must buy with his playing style and Arteta's supposed vision.

Last edited:
Reactions: S E P H

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think United has to worry about qualifying for the Champions League before they worry about signing world class players. Even if Sancho wants to go, which I don’t think anyone knows yet, he’s not leaving to United without them qualifying for the Champions League.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I think United has to worry about qualifying for the Champions League before they worry about signing world class players. Even if Sancho wants to go, which I don’t think anyone knows yet, he’s not leaving to United without them qualifying for the Champions League.
Not necessarily. United are one the only teams that can survive not being the the CL to get players because they overpay anyone. Being out of the CL hasn’t hurt them in getting players recently

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Not necessarily. United are one the only teams that can survive not being the the CL to get players because they overpay anyone. Being out of the CL hasn’t hurt them in getting players recently

If Sancho wants to leave, United won’t be the only club with interest. Being United has its advantages, but not over elite clubs with Champions League football.

Who was the last star player they even brought in? Pogba four years ago.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
One of the most reliable and respected journos reported that Sancho is open to signing with United.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

If Fab Romano says he wants to go, then we're just a "Let's go!" away from a transfer.

Reactions: Aladyyn

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If Sancho wants to leave, United won’t be the only club with interest. Being United has its advantages, but not over elite clubs with Champions League football.

Who was the last star player they even brought in? Pogba four years ago.
United are one of the only clubs with money though. Who else can afford Sancho in summer if COVID

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
One of the most reliable and respected journos reported that Sancho is open to signing with United.

Who? Wasser is not a reliable source. He’s a fan with no reliability on transfer matters.

Besides, I don’t think anyone said he wouldn’t have interest in Man United. Will he still have interest after the season? UCL qualification is considered a certainty for most top clubs, so this is usually not an issue at the end of the season with transfers of most top players. But United might have to contend with that their main transfer targets become unrealistic without the UCL.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
If Fab Romano says he wants to go, then we're just a "Let's go!" away from a transfer.

That’s the same guy that thinks Sancho can be signed for 40M euros less than Dortmund is asking for, and 35M euros less than Dembele was sold for. The world doesn’t work in a way where every team succumbs to what English teams, English fans and the English media want. I wouldn’t believe a thing he says about Sancho. In fact, I think it hurts his credibility when he says such obviously dumb things like he’s been saying.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
United are one of the only clubs with money though. Who else can afford Sancho in summer if COVID

All the English teams, the two Spanish teams, PSG, Juventus, Bayern. Some of those are unrealistic clubs to link him to, but it’s also not even clear he’ll leave. I think if United wants to sign him, they must secure UCL football. I only know what I read, but it seems rather clear cut, in my opinion.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
All the English teams, the two Spanish teams, PSG, Juventus, Bayern. Some of those are unrealistic clubs to link him to, but it’s also not even clear he’ll leave. I think if United wants to sign him, they must secure UCL football. I only know what I read, but it seems rather clear cut, in my opinion.
Thankfully your opinion does not matter, only Sancho's does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad