Transfer: 2020 Summer Transfer Window Rumors Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Chelsea buying all those offensive players is cute but they cannot all play together and it still does not address the defence and goal tending situation.

Reactions: S E P H

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Not many teams are going to pay 100 million right now, the whole market has changed at least temporarily.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Giroud has had links too. He'll want game time, I wouldn't mind holding onto him though.
He already signed a contract extension with us. His ability to create space behind him that players can run into for chances is something Lampard obviously likes, and he keeps getting game time right now because it's been very effective.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
He already signed a contract extension with us. His ability to create space behind him that players can run into for chances is something Lampard obviously likes, and he keeps getting game time right now because it's been very effective.
It's weird when you think about it
When this guy bloomed late and had a career year with Montpellier and then signed with Arsenal, people asked how I would project him and I was unable to form an opinion on whether he would succeed or not.
Years later he's still (also with the NT) there, half starter, half sub, productive and yet unimpressive.
Does the little things right.
Key to winning but not on the scoresheet.
The ultimate intangibles guy in fact.

When his career ends he'll be tough to judge.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

Another guy thought to judge.
He was HUGE in his first year at CB. Got moved to LB, wasn't very good.
Since then he has some good games here and there but even at CB he's not the same.
He needs a good coach because the potential is there.

Reactions: gary69

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
It's weird when you think about it
When this guy bloomed late and had a career year with Montpellier and then signed with Arsenal, people asked how I would project him and I was unable to form an opinion on whether he would succeed or not.
Years later he's still (also with the NT) there, half starter, half sub, productive and yet unimpressive.
Does the little things right.
Key to winning but not on the scoresheet.
The ultimate intangibles guy in fact.

When his career ends he'll be tough to judge.
I completely disagree that they are "intangibles" and that you can't measure his impact with stats, because you can. He's just not a striker that should be your main goal scoring threat, but his ability to create chances for others is his biggest strength. I completely understood why he played for France at the World Cup over so-called better strikers and continues to play for them, because they have players like Mbappe and Griezmann as their main goal scorers and Giroud's ability to create space and link up with them is unmatched.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I know, but i saw recently Inter was still interested. It could've been a move to get a small fee, we'll see. I hope he stays, he's quality when there are scorers around him. With the players we are going after, he's sort of an ideal backup striker and starter at times if Tammy had a bad run of form and Werner is used in a wider position.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I know, but i saw recently Inter was still interested. It could've been a move to get a small fee, we'll see. I hope he stays, he's quality when there are scorers around him.
It would be weird for him to still want to move after signing a contract unless he was doing us a favor by not losing him on a free. I'm sure other clubs saw us sign Werner and we have Abraham, and think they can get Giroud.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I completely disagree that they are "intangibles" and that you can't measure his impact with stats, because you can. He's just not a striker that should be your main goal scoring threat, but his ability to create chances for others is his biggest strength. I completely understood why he played for France at the World Cup over so-called better strikers and continues to play for them, because they have players like Mbappe and Griezmann as their main goal scorers and Giroud's ability to create space and link up with them is unmatched.
If you have wingers who can be best used as an inside forward/threat that are your main goal threats Giroud is incredible as he can make the best of those players and really make the attack flow that much better.

Reactions: Blender

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Sounds like a new CB/GK could be dependent on qualifying for Champions League which could boost the transfer budget by 50M and other players leaving. Plenty of options for players to leave for decent fees. Jorginho's future is up in the air, but he's clearly not in the long-term plans.

Reactions: Blender
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad