Transfer: 2020 Summer Transfer Window Rumors Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

Obviously ESPN so not a great source but not the only source reporting Utd’s interest in a new CB. I’d love to sign Ake and hoping Bournemouth goes down specifically so we can sign Ake.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Ake was mentioned as some of the defenders Chelsea were interested in too, earlier in the rumor season.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Ake makes sense since he was with Chelsea for 5 years. I wonder if the buy back clause on him is still applicable?
I've heard many different reports on the buy-back, so I'm not sure if it's still active or if it expired. I think he makes some sense as a CB who can play LB as a depth option, but I think he's further down the list as he isn't going to fill the actual role we need. Not a knock on him, but I don't see him as that commander type we need.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Ake will be a good pickup for any team right now. Solid CB, versatile, mobile and good with the ball. Think he’d be well suited to a team that has a lot of the ball.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Guillem Balague said that he looked into the Eric Garcia rumor. Says he was told that the player wants to go back to Barcelona and that City are negotiating so they don't lose the player for free. Personal terms apparently already agreed between the player and Barcelona.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
According to Balague the clubs that are options for Thiago are Liverpool, United and Arsenal. He wants to go to the Premiership. Liverpool are apparently not looking to spend any money though. Bayern and Liverpool haven't spoken about Thiago.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
According to Balague the clubs that are options for Thiago are Liverpool, United and Arsenal. He wants to go to the Premiership. Liverpool are apparently not looking to spend any money though. Bayern and Liverpool haven't spoken about Thiago.
If he goes to United I’ll be very sad. A midfield three of Thiago-Pogba-Bruno may be the best in the world tbh.

Reactions: Gecklund

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
If he goes to United I’ll be very sad. A midfield three of Thiago-Pogba-Bruno may be the best in the world tbh.
Agreed. It would probably mean no Sancho, but I’m fine with getting something like Thiago and Ake for the same price as Sancho. :laugh:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
While we're on the topic of right of refusal clauses, Man City has that clause for Sancho. Pep has said they aren't going to bring him back, but it might not be true.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
As mentioned earlier apparently him and his wife would prefer London.

Honestly wouldn’t mind a midfield with him, Ceballos and Xhaka. I think I’d prefer this to the Partey transfer which I am still questioning over. Ideally sign both and con a club with Xhaka over his good form in 2020 Lol.

Last edited:

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
what the hell is a first refusal anyways? you cant force a player to sign with a new club if he doesnt want to.
Yes it's ultimately up to the player to decide where they go. It's more of a price matching clause than anything that forces the selling club to inform the club holding the clause of a bid and give them the right to match it and negotiate with the player if they want.

If Manchester City has that for Sancho, if Manchester United puts a bid in Dortmund will have to inform Manchester City of the details and give them the option to make an equal offer.

Reactions: ecemleafs

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
As mentioned earlier apparently him and his wife would prefer London.

Honestly wouldn’t mind a midfield with him, Ceballos and Xhaka. I think I’d prefer this to the Partey transfer which I am still questioning over. Ideally sign both and con a club with Xhaka over his good form in 2020 Lol.
I'm not trying to be rude, and maybe it's not the craziest thing that would have ever happened, but I just don't see any situation where Thiago leaves Bayern Munich to go and play for Arsenal just so he can live in London.

Reactions: Gecklund

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
He's already won everything, granted he didn't play a major part in the Champions League title, and he's getting closer to the end of his career, so location could be of more importance.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I'm not trying to be rude, and maybe it's not the craziest thing that would have ever happened, but I just don't see any situation where Thiago leaves Bayern Munich to go and play for Arsenal just so he can live in London.
It does seem like a far fetched idea, but it may happen if the other clubs have other priorities in place. Chelsea are going all in on Havertz + Rice, Utd are more interested in a left footed CB + Sancho and Liverpool are skeptical over his age .

Arsenal can offer him high wages and he gets to live in London. Don’t think CL is much of a pull as PL on some players.

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I think I take Mings over Ake. Ake has been on too many brutal defensive teams.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I agree. I think the London factor exists, but moreso more for younger players, and players already settled there

if Liverpool wants Thiago, they will get Thiago if they have the money. I’m still not convinced they get Thiago without Wijnaldum leaving though.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Lille have raised their bid for Jonathan David to €25m, however that's still at least €5m off of what Gent is looking for - of course player still has to actually want to go to Lille as well, which I'm not at all convinced that he does.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Lille have raised their bid for Jonathan David to €25m, however that's still at least €5m off of what Gent is looking for - of course player still has to actually want to go to Lille as well, which I'm not at all convinced that he does.
Posted above, he already agreed to terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->