2020 Summer Olympics Tokyo

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I don't see an Olympic thread on the HF Flames board so I thought I would start one.

I see the Peoples Republic of China is leading the world already in gold medals and total medals. Is the PROC officially the new USSR?

Congrats to the Canadian women's 4x100-metre freestyle relay team — including swimmers Kayla Sanchez, Maggie Mac Neil, Rebecca Smith and Penny Oleksiak — who won silver today.
Also congrats to, divers Jennifer Abel and Mélissa Citrini-Beaulieu who won silver together in the synchronized three-metre springboard competition today.

They predict that Canada will win 4 gold medals at these Olympics. I'm hoping we win a couple more than that.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Watching skateboarding now. I know its very popular among kids but it really doesn't do much for me with regards to excitement level.
Looking forward to watching first time Olympic event surfing though.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Congrats to Maggie MacNeil on her gold medal in the 100m butterfly. This is Maggie's 2nd medal at these games.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
All this time growing up trying to do back flips and front flips into the swimming pool.. and failing majestically. I thought I just sucked at it.
Turns out I had the twisties! I feel much better knowing this was a psychological issue rather than just being a klutz.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Congrats to all the women on the Canadian Olympic team. Without you our team would be a world class embarrassment.
12 medals so far... all won by our women.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
All this time growing up trying to do back flips and front flips into the swimming pool.. and failing majestically. I thought I just sucked at it.
Turns out I had the twisties! I feel much better knowing this was a psychological issue rather than just being a klutz.

Yes, mental health problems are funny

Reactions: crackdown44

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Yes, mental health problems are funny

There are a whole lot of middle aged men on twitter that seem to love to criticize someone 100 times more athletic than them in a sport they only pay attention to once every four years for what is widely considered a legitimate condition within the sport and something dangerous to compete with

Reactions: Kahvi

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Canada has strong women

What is happening to the men?

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
There are a whole lot of middle aged men on twitter that seem to love to criticize someone 100 times more athletic than them in a sport they only pay attention to once every four years for what is widely considered a legitimate condition within the sport and something dangerous to compete with
Nobody is criticizing anybody. All I'm doing is making fun of my own lack of coordination and my inability to perform a back flip without turning it into a belly flop.. numerous times.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Canada has strong women

What is happening to the men?
All is not lost. Andre De Grasse (100m & 200m), Damien Warner (decathalon), and Evan Dunfee (50km walk) have yet to play.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
The Canadian women knocked out the Americans in soccer and will play for gold against Sweden

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Congratulations to the greatest athlete in the world, Olympic record setting Damian Warner!

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Gotta say man.
Canadian women be killing it.

Love how it also just reflects the status of women's sport across the globe and each country's willingness to invest anything into it.

Good on Canada, amazing job to all the female athletes who represent this country.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Happy for Sinclair. That gold medal is a nice send-off for her. Just unfortunate the team around her was never as good when she was in her prime. Easily the best women's soccer player of all time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad