2020 Stanley Cup Final: Dallas Stars vs Tampa Bay Lightning | TBL leads 2-1

2020 Stanley Cup Final: Dallas Stars vs Tampa Bay Lightning

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Really?

I don't think Hedman let up on the play at all. He went for the puck around behind but it went through Seguin to Radulov, he then tried to help on Radulov but he was out of position due to having marked Seguin. He doesn't visibly stop playing at any point.

I don't know looked kinda like halfassed effort from Hedman there .Maybe all the screaming from the Tampa gave him the wrong impression ?

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Lightning better start finding back of net soon, or they'll trip up at the finish-line again. All teams go through scoring droughts, but the Lightning sure seem to pick worst possible time. Hitting goalpost, missed open nets, good saves, broken sticks, etc. Seen it all over the years with this Lightning team and it doesn't matter who they're playing. They continually dry up during critical playoff moments and their inability to get it past good goaltending might cost them again. Slay this demon, and the Lightning would increase their odds of reaching the promise-land.

Last 3 games of 2015 Stanley Cup Final
2-1 (Loss, 1 goal scored)
2-1 (Loss, 1 goal scored)
2-0 (Loss, 1 goal scored)

Last 2 games 2016 ECF
5-2 (Loss, 2 goals scored)
2-1 (Loss, 1 goals scored)

Last 2 games 2018 ECF
3-0 (Loss, 0 goals scored)
4-0 (Loss, 0 goals scored)

Last 3 games this post season
1 goal scored in regulation at this stage won't win "The Cup" (2 Losses and 1 win in OT)

The Lightning are fortunate they didn't lose game 6 last series because of another untimely scoring drought. Lightning need at least 2-3 goals a game to be successful and they'll need that this series to give them a chance. This starts with secondary scoring giving the Lightning stars support, then your best players don't have that added pressure of having to score every game. If "All" Lightning scorers can't figure out how to finish their chances during critical moments in playoffs, this is going to be a even a tougher series than it already was.

Go Lightning !!!!!!!
Games get harder to win the deeper you go. That includes putting the puck in the net. Yours stat sheet shows Tampa has a real problem with that. Think its more than "untimely scoring droughts"

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
I don't know looked kinda like halfassed effort from Hedman there .Maybe all the screaming from the Tampa gave him the wrong impression ?
I mean, we'll never know what really went on around the bench. But it didn't appear to me that they were calling for icing.

It's been a gripe of mine for a long time but officials are basically always very lenient when it comes to icing from just behind the center line. I feel like no less than 50% of the time when someone dumps it in from the center line if you were to take a camera and check where the puck left the stick it'd probably be before the center line. And with the benefit of video and hindsight we can tell that it might be a bit behind. But officials have usually always let them play on, and it's very rare for an official to call that unless it's not particularly close. I think players just play on anyways. He didn't look like he was trying to touch up for icing or anything like that. I think it just went through his man, Seguin, and someone else was supposed to guard Radulov and didn't. And someone else was supposed to mark Oleksiak and didn't.

Reactions: atticus ross

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Games get harder to win the deeper you go. That includes putting the puck in the net. Yours stat sheet shows Tampa has a real problem with that. Think its more than "untimely scoring droughts"
Vegas struggled with finishing against Dallas too.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I mean, we'll never know what really went on around the bench. But it didn't appear to me that they were calling for icing.

It's been a gripe of mine for a long time but officials are basically always very lenient when it comes to icing from just behind the center line. I feel like no less than 50% of the time when someone dumps it in from the center line if you were to take a camera and check where the puck left the stick it'd probably be before the center line. And with the benefit of video and hindsight we can tell that it might be a bit behind. But officials have usually always let them play on, and it's very rare for an official to call that unless it's not particularly close. I think players just play on anyways. He didn't look like he was trying to touch up for icing or anything like that. I think it just went through his man, Seguin, and someone else was supposed to guard Radulov and didn't. And someone else was supposed to mark Oleksiak and didn't.

Yeah i'm under the impression if you're somewhat close to the redline the refs more often than not let it go . Some don't others do it regularly. Can't rely on it . Just play to the whistles . If they call it they call it if they don't you gotta move on .

As for the who was supposed to have Oleksiak Sportsnet had a good video on that . It was probably Kucherov who was completely out of the play and shows up very late after the goal . Tampa was basically 4 on 5 because Kucherov was hanging around in the neutral zone hoping for a breakout pass.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
All of these Dallas Stars fans talking smack LOL. Lets call it for what it is - Dallas got the jump on a tired TBL team. Let's see how the rest of this series shakes out before we get cocky now :laugh:
throwing out excuses already? I believe the official excuse is "fatigue factor"

starsfan71

Jan 26, 2016
Dallas, Tx
Absolute Horse Excrement. Please show me a quote of any of us TBL fans thinking it was going to be an easy series. Otherwise don't post made up shit. Thanks.

Go read your own board. The lack of respect for the Stars is laughable. Not only did few fans of other teams,including many Bolts fans, not give us a chance, the so called experts did the same. We have a saying down here that it seems like most playoffs have " that one effing team", and its very possible its the Stars this year.

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Tampa dominated the third period, but it was too little, too late. They look very unmotivated and uninspired in the first 35 minutes (I'm sure fatigue was a factor).

They really need to halt the trend of giving up the first goal (they've been scored on first six games in a row) and need to start scoring on the PP.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

starsfan71

Jan 26, 2016
Dallas, Tx
Calm down.

Please show me an actual Stars’ fan who’s cocky about this series now.

None of these posters are anything more than bandwagoners.

lol You are accusing us of being bandwagoners? What kind of proof do you need to show that some of us have been here since the beginning? Yeah, thats me in the red hat on backwards after Roussell scored a hat trick against the lightning in 2016. Or would you like to see me playing Hockey at the AAC ? Are there people jumping on the bandwagon? Sure but I'm not one of them, pal.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200905-113244_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200905-113244_Chrome.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 9

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
lol You are accusing us of being bandwagoners? What kind of proof do you need to show that some of us have been here since the beginning? Yeah, thats me in the red hat on backwards after Roussell scored a hat trick against the lightning in 2016. Or would you like to see me playing Hockey at the AAC ? Are there people jumping on the bandwagon? Sure but I'm not one of them, pal.
You should probably take a break from the internet. You seem really rattled and are taking things super personally. Just my two cents.

Reactions: Lolaimbot

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019

I get games get harder as they go, and many different Lightning playoffs opponents have scored the 3+ goals needed to win crucial series games. Shoot, even 2 goals have been enough with how bad the Lightning have dropped the scoring ball when it matters most. Each time, the Lightning have no one to blame but themselves for their scoring shortcomings. The reasoning or what its named doesn't matter anymore, only fixing the scoring shortcomings does. This is the wall the Lightning have to climb over.......

This is a problem that has plagued this Lightning bunch during many different playoffs, different goalies, different role players, etc..... This is the biggest hurtle facing this Lightning bunch and if they can't find a way to sink their opportunities against solid playoff teams. They'll come up short again, period!!!!! They have to figure out why they can't score against solid goaltending and I'm not 100% sure what causing this. They score during regular season and other playoff moments but scoring dries up late in EFC series/finals every time. Maybe its mental pressure that's causing the Lightning to crumble in these moments, terrible strategy, not aggressive enough, or I'm even considering a voodoo like hex is causing this.....:eek: Who knows but if the Lightning don't open up the scoring floodgates, the same results will follow......

Willi-willi-wing-wing-wong, reverse this Lightning scoring hex while I sing this song. Willi-willi-wing-wing-wong its gotten to the point of using my childhood good-luck song............

Last edited:

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
Yeah i'm under the impression if you're somewhat close to the redline the refs more often than not let it go . Some don't others do it regularly. Can't rely on it . Just play to the whistles . If they call it they call it if they don't you gotta move on .

As for the who was supposed to have Oleksiak Sportsnet had a good video on that . It was probably Kucherov who was completely out of the play and shows up very late after the goal . Tampa was basically 4 on 5 because Kucherov was hanging around in the neutral zone hoping for a breakout pass.
Yeah, I think Kuch is just naturally going to cut some corners though because let's face it, he's tired. He played almost an hour in the last two games. He had the most forward minutes this game as well 21:21. Some of it is mental but some of it is probably also just trying to play on the edge to conserve energy.

It's only one game so far so can't get too excited. But I like what I've seen so far. It's kinda playing out how I expected.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Yeah, I think Kuch is just naturally going to cut some corners though because let's face it, he's tired. He played almost an hour in the last two games. He had the most forward minutes this game as well 21:21. Some of it is mental but some of it is probably also just trying to play on the edge to conserve energy.

It's only one game so far so can't get too excited. But I like what I've seen so far. It's kinda playing out how I expected.

I personally feel the Lightning coaching staff made a mistake playing their top forwards this many minutes the last couple of games when the game had been tied for most of the time. You have to trust your depth guys to give your best players enough breathing room so they don't get burned out. Yes your best players need to be your best players and all that but they're still only human . To make it worse i think Tampas top forwards are all playing pretty hurt.

The 11-7 also doesn't really help with this as a matter of fact this hurts more than helps if it burns out Tampas best players.

starsfan71

Jan 26, 2016
Dallas, Tx
I am honestly confused, I legitimately have no idea if there is any Stanley Cup hype in either city?
I live in Dallas about 3 miles from the AAC where they play and this town has been hungry for a Chamionship since the Mavericks won in 2011. I certainly see the buzz and its been water cooler talk since we beat Calgary. Are we surprised? A little but we were promised with the signings of Perry and Pavs that this team was built for this. For some if us we compare it with bringing in Skrudland and Keane in the late 90s as the final puzzle pieces and it worked.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
I wear a Stars hat and facemask most everywhere I go, and regularly get asked about the Stars here in Austin since the playoffs started. Been pretty surprised, but Austin area has the Texas Stars up in Cedar Park so it's probably not too outlandish.

starsfan71

Jan 26, 2016
Dallas, Tx
I wear a Stars hat and facemask most everywhere I go, and regularly get asked about the Stars here in Austin since the playoffs started. Been pretty surprised, but Austin area has the Texas Stars up in Cedar Park so it's probably not too outlandish.

Without a doubt its not the Cowboys, or in your case down in Austin, the Longhorns but Hockey fans are the most hardcore and passionate of all fans in my opinion.

Reactions: SourTemplePilot

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Tampa dominated the third period, but it was too little, too late. They look very unmotivated and uninspired in the first 35 minutes (I'm sure fatigue was a factor).

They really need to halt the trend of giving up the first goal (they've been scored on first six games in a row) and need to start scoring on the PP.

It was 3-1 to Dallas when Tampa started to ”dominate”.
Dallas went defense mode for 3rd, a bit too much for my liking

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
He literally called all Stars fans who post here bandwagoners. Im just proving him wrong.

He very clearly didn't. He said the cocky Stars fans are only bandonwagoners. You would do good reading the posts you quote.

That being said he (LT) is wrong. There is plenty of arrogant non-bandonwagon Stars fans, like in every fan base.

Reactions: LT

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
It was 3-1 to Dallas when Tampa started to ”dominate”.
Dallas went defense mode for 3rd, a bit too much for my liking

The shots were 22-3 or something. That's like f***ing Maple Leafs style defense right there.

DAL was definitely the better team through two periods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad