2020 Stanley Cup Final: Dallas Stars vs Tampa Bay Lightning

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
I wish you were at least patient enough for Dallas to win more than a game to make posts like this. I'm not looking forward to a referendum on this silly East/West bickering all offseason must we start it after game 1?

Dude, there is a “Easy Stanley Cup for Tampa” thread and you pick his comment to be mad about.

Reactions: Elysian

Narow

Nov 11, 2016
Did you even watch the game?

Point hit the crossbar and also made a slick move to cut to the front broken up by oleksiak

I like Miro but that was a team effort. Oleksiak was more impressive.
I do agree with your overall point but heiskanen was not on the ice on the crossbar by point. Heiskanen was on him like a slig most of the game tho.

Reactions: tstracuzza

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
Lightning better start finding back of net soon, or they'll trip up at the finish-line again. All teams go through scoring droughts, but the Lightning sure seem to pick worst possible time. Hitting goalpost, missed open nets, good saves, broken sticks, etc. Seen it all over the years with this Lightning team and it doesn't matter who they're playing. They continually dry up during critical playoff moments and their inability to get it past good goaltending might cost them again. Slay this demon, and the Lightning would increase their odds of reaching the promise-land.

Last 3 games of 2015 Stanley Cup Final
2-1 (Loss, 1 goal scored)
2-1 (Loss, 1 goal scored)
2-0 (Loss, 1 goal scored)

Last 2 games 2016 ECF
5-2 (Loss, 2 goals scored)
2-1 (Loss, 1 goals scored)

Last 2 games 2018 ECF
3-0 (Loss, 0 goals scored)
4-0 (Loss, 0 goals scored)

Last 3 games this post season
1 goal scored in regulation at this stage won't win "The Cup" (2 Losses and 1 win in OT)

The Lightning are fortunate they didn't lose game 6 last series because of another untimely scoring drought. Lightning need at least 2-3 goals a game to be successful and they'll need that this series to give them a chance. This starts with secondary scoring giving the Lightning stars support, then your best players don't have that added pressure of having to score every game. If "All" Lightning scorers can't figure out how to finish their chances during critical moments in playoffs, this is going to be a even a tougher series than it already was.

Go Lightning !!!!!!!

Last edited:

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Stars outplaying the lightning for most of the game was surprising.

The Ligthning goal was one of the weirder pinball goals i can recall.

Sgooter

Dec 4, 2014
Posts on this forum are supposed to be kept private.
A couple of days ago I posted that I like Tampa's chances when Bishop is in the net.
It's now clear that one of you then relayed my post to Bowness, and so he starts Khudobin in net.
I have filed a complaint with forum management.

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
The stars are continually underestimated

Then people who do this don't understand or know, bad teams don't reach "The Stanley Cup" finals.

Lightning need their A game to win this series and that means making most of their scoring opportunities. This is a demon that has plagued this Lightning organization for a bit now, and if they can't overcome it, they won't reach the only goal that matters for this bunch. Winning "The Stanley Cup"...........

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
“But the Lightning didn’t score any goals in the third”

Almost did several times. Dallas did take away the ice around the front of the net, but those perimeter shots came with traffic in front and from guys who know how to shoot, Bolts can score that way too.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Welp so much for Dallas being just a cinderella team,I knew they were decent..But 3 games away from winning the cup decent...Yeah never would have seen it ...Kudos to them,and well played so far

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Big test for Dallas in Game 2. I expect a better effort from Tampa in the next game, especially early. If the Stars can weather the storm and find a way to pull a win from that game I like their chances in the series. This one with the extra rest was somewhat expected. Can't wait for Game 2.

LowSodium

Jan 4, 2015
Dallas
Still doesn't feel natural with no fans but I think the NHL has done it best so far. I'm happy for the stars run but also a little disappointed for both teams fans if we don't get a real chance to celebrate. I was too young for the 2000 stars run to know what was going on.

Reactions: Jtown

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
It’s not a terrible strategy to allow Tampa to burn themselves out. There have been large lulls in many games this playoffs. I have to imagine rest and in game rest has to be a strategy. Nothing is more taxing mentally than dominating a period with no results, other than letting in a goal, late in the period.. Oh wait :sarcasm:.

Reactions: KristichBabych

serp

Jan 17, 2016
In a sense thats what happened with MacKinnon in round 2 . By game 6 and 7 MacKinnon was completely out of gas couldn't put his stamp on the games anymore. Still a risky move especially if you also take penalties even though i thought Tampa looked better 5on5 than on the powerplay . With the goalie pulled they looked even worse .

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
What an amazing job Miro did!. That alone was Conn Smyth worthy game.

Miro completely shutdown Point in game 1, was on his face the entire game
and awesomely defended him in the d-zone, when ever he was on the ice.

Brayden Point : 0+0 -3, no shots on goal, 2 giveaways and didn't make much of plays,
didn't create a single scoring chance for his team, ones that could of
been a goal anyways.

Miro Heiskanen : 0+1 +2, 1 shot on goal, 2 hits and 1 takeaway, + was crazy good
nuts good in his own end and completely shutdown Mr. Point, obviously
played great against others as well.
You read incorrectly...he had 1 giveaway, 0 takeaways...

Dallas Stars - Tampa Bay Lightning - September 19th, 2020

Not that the actual stats matters to the fanatics who would praise him anyways...

He basically just mirrored Point everywhere, which is not weird because Oleksiak clears the front of the crease. He didn't actively do anything to perturb Point other than denying him a lane directly to the net.

Reactions: Stubu

reino

Jul 20, 2019
Tampa looked like slower team, very surprising to me. Tampa needs to get more traffic in front of Khudobin, can't beat extremely hot goalie with purely sniping. They need to get more tip ins and deflections. That's how Colorado made him look like very poor at times

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Didn't see the post game conference. Did Cooper admit to getting beat or did Tampa gift wrap the game for Dallas and hand it to them.
The actual lesson is that blocked shots can backfire if the shot gets back to the shooter and they have slick enough hands to reload quickly. That's what I saw on the Kiviranta and Oleksiak goals.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
The actual lesson is that blocked shots can backfire if the shot gets back to the shooter and they have slick enough hands to reload quickly. That's what I saw on the Kiviranta and Oleksiak goals.
Olesiak’s goal was slick hands. Kiviranta’s was a guy who whacked at a long rebound. That was just a bad goal.

Member 308457

In the offensive zone, Dallas is tying up and forechecking the initial Tampa guy who's on the puck. Then a second Dallas guy comes in, takes the puck and passes it to a wide open Dallas attacker. I saw this play twice last night, on Hanley's goal and Oleksiak's goal.

Although outshot 36-20, it looks like a good matchup for Dallas. Will Khudobin continue remarkable run? Will Stamkos come back?

Last edited by a moderator:

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The first goal happened because Bogosian decided to not play to the whistles and instead went to shove Kiviranta after the check on Point but Kivi wasn't in the play anymore which allowed Hintz to be completely open behind the net and then nobody picked up Hanley.

Second Stars goal happened because Hedman stopped playing because he thought this should've been an icing , which it was but i've seen worse stuff waived , whcih allowed Radulov to get the puck who passed it to a wide open Oleksiak. Who was wide open because Kucherov was hanging around in the neutral zone cherry picking.

Reactions: BeastMode

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
The first goal happened because Bogosian decided to not play to the whistles and instead went to shove Kiviranta after the check on Point but Kivi wasn't in the play anymore which allowed Hintz to be completely open behind the net and then nobody picked up Hanley.

Second Stars goal happened because Hedman stopped playing because he thought this should've been an icing , which it was but i've seen worse stuff waived , whcih allowed Radulov to get the puck who passed it to a wide open Oleksiak. Who was wide open because Kucherov was hanging around in the neutral zone cherry picking.
Really?

I don't think Hedman let up on the play at all. He went for the puck around behind but it went through Seguin to Radulov, he then tried to help on Radulov but he was out of position due to having marked Seguin. He doesn't visibly stop playing at any point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad