2020 Stanley Cup Final: Dallas Stars vs Tampa Bay Lightning

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
It's just game 1 guys. Chill on the animosity.
Is Khubodin the new Thomas for this run? He might be. Adding to that Stars allowed weak bad shots.

Fans of bruins or leafs, argue your shit elsewhere.

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

copperlion

Aug 6, 2019
You mean like al TB fans before the series even started? Hell, their board was so confident that they thought this was a sweep or maybe 5 games for them. Now its blaming the refs and team being injured and too tired.
Absolute Horse Excrement. Please show me a quote of any of us TBL fans thinking it was going to be an easy series. Otherwise don't post made up shit. Thanks.

tstracuzza

Jan 18, 2017
What an amazing job Miro did!. That alone was Conn Smyth worthy game.

Miro completely shutdown Point in game 1, was on his face the entire game
and awesomely defended him in the d-zone, when ever he was on the ice.

Brayden Point : 0+0 -3, no shots on goal, 2 giveaways and didn't make much of plays,
didn't create a single scoring chance for his team, ones that could of
been a goal anyways.

Miro Heiskanen : 0+1 +2, 1 shot on goal, 2 hits and 1 takeaway, + was crazy good
nuts good in his own end and completely shutdown Mr. Point, obviously
played great against others as well.

Did you even watch the game?

Point hit the crossbar and also made a slick move to cut to the front broken up by oleksiak

I like Miro but that was a team effort. Oleksiak was more impressive.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
What is much more impressive is how Heiskanen and Oleksiak have played against opposing teams best guys all play-offs long.

I have actually been more impressed by Oleksiak than Heiskanen. We all knew Heiskanen is good, but the way Oleksiak is playing has been an eye-opener for me. He is much better than I thought he was...

And no, I dont mean he is better than Heiskanen, but he has surprised me more.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Absolute Horse Excrement. Please show me a quote of any of us TBL fans thinking it was going to be an easy series. Otherwise don't post made up shit. Thanks.

Calm down.

Please show me an actual Stars’ fan who’s cocky about this series now.

None of these posters are anything more than bandwagoners.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Will be interesting to see how much time, if any, that Roope Hintz misses after he blocked that shot and left the bench or at least it appears he did

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Just saw Seguin (watching game again) put the puck off the back of net to himself to try and make a play; I can’t wait till he hits one. Goal or setup is coming.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Also Dallas is 9-1 in one goal games these playoffs. 10-1 if you want to count the RR.

That might be the most insane part/stat of this run for me.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
What an amazing job Miro did!. That alone was Conn Smyth worthy game.

Miro completely shutdown Point in game 1, was on his face the entire game
and awesomely defended him in the d-zone, when ever he was on the ice.

Brayden Point : 0+0 -3, no shots on goal, 2 giveaways and didn't make much of plays,
didn't create a single scoring chance for his team, ones that could of
been a goal anyways.

Miro Heiskanen : 0+1 +2, 1 shot on goal, 2 hits and 1 takeaway, + was crazy good
nuts good in his own end and completely shutdown Mr. Point, obviously
played great against others as well.

To be brutally honest. point is injured. Disappointing. Back off the BS breakdown.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I was hoping Dallas would run into a goalie dilemma with Bishop potentially coming back but unless Khudobin completely shits the bed, which doesn't look very likely, it's not going to happen.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Dallas can play fast, Dallas can play physical.

Behind that an elite Dcore.

Go Dallas!

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Let's see how Tampa react in game 2 after this one. They could also take the wrong lessons out of the third period . Alot of that was also the Stars completely sitting back ( and sitting back a bit too much ) . Tampas first line really didn't look good but actually tired and injured. If they're a non-factor the whole series this thing quickly could turn bad for Tampa.

Hope Hintz isn't hurt.

Reactions: Gryphon

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
I think fans have been more realistic than pundits. I was listening to the NHL podcast, previewing the final and to no surprise they picked Tampa. The basically said Tampa is better in most categories.

Here is my belief, I thought the Islanders would win against the Lightning but I didn’t realize how much a factor “Rest” would be in this years playoffs. Normal playoffs are over in a couple weeks, maybe a month. They are creeping towards 3 months, with back to backs, and little days off. Islanders did Dallas a favor, by edging out a win and a forcing a couple double OT’s. Let’s not forget Tampa played “3 games in one” with that 5OT game. Columbus, Boston, and Islanders are pretty physical teams. Unfortunately for Tampa, Dallas is probably the biggest /most physical team from the west.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Tampa played flat and unprepared for 40 mins. They revved it up in the 3rd, Khudobin continues to be Dallas' best player. Dallas had 4+ days to rest and scout; Bowness was watching the ECF from the rafters. Tampa will make adjustments, as will Dallas.

Dallas' puck moving and mobility from the back end will help mitigate those Tampa surges.

Sportsnet's broadcast is so much better than NBC. I couldn't access SN for game 1, was stuck listening to 'Bouche.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad