• Vancouver

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Im gonna say calgary. Tampa won 1st despite getting swept so
Seems like theres gonna be a lotta potential contenders for next year. Calgary, Dallas and Colorado from the west, a lotta people think Nashville but i think there ship is gone. And then Pittsburgh is still there tho seems there taking a step back but cant count out Crosby and Malkin and Sullivan

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
How do I vote in this? There doesn't appear to be any links/buttons to click on. Is there something I'm missing about the poll system?

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
The top 7 seems about right, but I'm surprised Colorado aren't getting more attention here. They made the 2nd round last season, and have since effectively added a whole new 2nd line (Burakovsky/Kadri/Donskoi).

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
So which of Talbot or Rittich will lead them to the cup?

Depends who’s hot. Rittich never got the chance to play in the most recent playoffs and Talbot has shown that when he’s on a hot streak he can take a team far (16-17 Oilers). Granted, we don’t know if he can do that again unless he is given the opportunity to shine again. He really has to step it up to take the 1A position over Rittich or Rittich will be playing more games than him.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
So which of Talbot or Rittich will lead them to the cup?

Says the guy who just won with Jordan Binnington.

Rittich was hurt in the second half. He was one of the best goalies in the league before that. He is apparently stronger and more healthy than ever.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Depends who’s hot. Rittich never got the chance to play in the most recent playoffs and Talbot has shown that when he’s on a hot streak he can take a team far (16-17 Oilers). Granted, we don’t know if he can do that again unless he is given the opportunity to shine again. He really has to step it up to take the 1A position over Rittich or Rittich will be playing more games than him.
Maybe a change of scenery will help Tallbot bounce back, wouldn’t be the first time a goalie left Edmonton and found success on a new team. Maybe big save Dave can take the next step and claim the #1 job, looked pretty good at times last season.

Frankly tho, I am not overly confident in either. I think the flames questions in net are too big for them to be considered this early as a Stanley Cup favorite.

Says the guy who just won with Jordan Binnington.

Rittich was hurt in the second half. He was one of the best goalies in the league before that. He is apparently stronger and more healthy than ever.
Go back and look at where the Blues were ranked last offseason. Most had them in the 8-10 range and the almost unanimous opinion was that their top 9 was one of the best in the league, but they had questions in net. I don’t think it’s a stretch to say the Blues top 9 then was better than Calgary’s today and the questions in net are similar.

I don’t think the flames belong in the convo for Stanley Cup favorites yet. There’s still 3-4 teams on the board I would put ahead of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->