2020 Stanley Cup Favourite #27

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
So the Sabres voted 26th place after another awful season. Their future gem stud dman Dahlin just YESTERDAY predicted they will make hte playoffs this coming season. Not many people believing it but we will see, crazier things HAVE happend. Anyways down the final 5, I will vote LA again

1 Tampa Bay 67% (+/-) 2020 Stanley Cup Favourite #1
2 St Louis 24% (+6) HFBoards 2020 Stanley Cup Favourite #2
3 Boston 29% (+3) HFBoards 2020 Stanley Cup Favourite #3
4 Washington 31% (+/-) HFBoards 2020 Stanley Cup Favourite #4
5 Las Vegas 30% (+5) 2020 Stanley Cup Favourite #5
6 Toronto 24% (+1) 2020 Stanley Cup Favourite #6
7 San Jose 28% (+2) 2020 Stanley Cup Favourite #7
8 Nashville 26% (-3) 2020 Stanley Cup Favourite #8
9 Colorado 27% (+9) 2020 Stanley Cup Favourite #9
10 Dallas 46% (+4) 2020 Stanley Cup Favourite #10
11 Pittsburgh 34% (-8) 2020 Stanley Cup Favourite #11
12 Calgary 40% (+3) 2020 Stanley Cup Favourite #12
13 Winnipeg 38% 2020 Stanley Cup Favourite #13
14 Carolina 34% 2020 Stanley Cup Favourite #14
15 Florida 70% 2020 Stanley Cup Favourite #15
16 Philly 27% 2020 Stanley Cup Favourite #16
17 New Jersey 33% 2020 Stanley Cup Favourite #17
18 NYRangers 23% 2020 Stanley Cup Favourite #18
19 NYIslanders 37% 2020 Stanley Cup Favourite #19
20 Chicago 43% 2020 Stanley Cup Favourite #20
21 Montreal 36% 2020 Stanley Cup Favourite #21
22 Arizona 41% 2020 Stanley Cup Favourite #22
23 Edmonton 34% 2020 Stanley Cup Favourite #23
24 Columbus 27% 2020 Stanley Cup Favourite #24
25 Vancouver 39% 2020 Stanley Cup Favourite #25
26 Buffalo 52% 2020 Stanley Cup Favourite #26

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Minny literally running away with this

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
How the f*** is Minnesota below teams like Vancouver, Buffalo and Edmonton. They had like the best defense in the NHL last year. If they can keep that up and Dubnyk plays at least average they have a pretty decent chance at making the playoffs.

I would say they have a higher chance of making the playoffs than all those three teams combined actually.

Reactions: Myyrynen

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
How the **** is Minnesota below teams like Vancouver, Buffalo and Edmonton. They had like the best defense in the NHL last year. If they can keep that up and Dubnyk plays at least average they have a pretty decent chance at making the playoffs.

I would say they have a higher chance of making the playoffs than all those three teams combined actually.

They have an old team and really lack any growth possibilities for a dynamic SC run.

4 of their top 6 returning point producers are aged 35,35,35 and 36.

The Ducks have guys who could emerge and the best goalie left so I went with them.

The Ducks also had some incredibly bad luck last year and injuries and have young guys who will make the team better this year.

Reactions: TopCheese

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
How the **** is Minnesota below teams like Vancouver, Buffalo and Edmonton. They had like the best defense in the NHL last year. If they can keep that up and Dubnyk plays at least average they have a pretty decent chance at making the playoffs.

Having a higher chance of making the playoffs isnt the same as winning the cup.

Edmonton can McDavid its way to a cup if they qualify. What would Minnesota do to win even if they might be slightly more likely to qualifiy?

Reactions: TopCheese

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Man, HF sure has a hate for Buffalo. Their youth has the potential do out do a lot of teams at the bottom. Whether or not they pull it off is a whole nother story.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Minny literally running away with this

Well they should have gone like 5 polls ago, so..

They have an old team and really lack any growth possibilities for a dynamic SC run.

4 of their top 6 returning point producers are aged 35,35,35 and 36.

The Ducks have guys who could emerge and the best goalie left so I went with them.

The Ducks also had some incredibly bad luck last year and injuries and have young guys who will make the team better this year.[/QUOTE]
Same can be said for Minnesota.
Having a higher chance of making the playoffs isnt the same as winning the cup.

Edmonton can McDavid its way to a cup if they qualify. What would Minnesota do to win even if they might be slightly more likely to qualifiy?

You can't "McDavid" your way to a cup. They can't even "McDavid" their way to a playoff berth. Colorado has MacKinnon and a much better supporting cast than Edmonton and they didn't anything their way to a Cup. Tampa had Kucherov and a much, MUCH better supporting cast and got swept in round one. You can't ride one player to a Cup.

Last edited:

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Man, HF sure has a hate for Buffalo. Their youth has the potential do out do a lot of teams at the bottom. Whether or not they pull it off is a whole nother story.

I don't think "hate" has anything to do with it, they are a team that's finishd bottom 10 in i the league every year since what? 2012? and bottom 5 4 of the last 6 years i think people need to see them make and maintain progress

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Well they should have gone like 5 polls ago, so..

Not really.

Same can be said for Minnesota.

Not really, sure Dumba all year will help as will Donato but the Wild were hit less hard by injuries, are way too old and simply don't have the young guys climbing the ladder like the Ducks with Terry, Steel, Comtois, Mahura.

I'll call it here the Ducks will finish higher than the Wild.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ

HF actually has Buffalo ranked higher than The Athletic.

They're in the midst of their season previous, releasing an article each day from worst to best point projections.

So far they have:

31. Senators
30. Red Wings
29. Kings
28. Sabres
27. Oilers

I also agree that Minnesota seems low on the HF rankings.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Not really.

Not really, sure Dumba all year will help as will Donato but the Wild were hit less hard by injuries, are way too old and simply don't have the young guys climbing the ladder like the Ducks with Terry, Steel, Comtois, Mahura.

I'll call it here the Ducks will finish higher than the Wild.

It's pretty clear that you don't know enough about the topic to have an educated opinion.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
It doesn't matter this late into the rankings as these are all teams with zero chance, but the rationale for Edmonton not being dead last just being "McDavid" is probably the laziest, most thoughtless, and dumbest rationale I've ever heard. He's one player. You can't one player your way to anything in the NHL, if that weren't true then they would have been a playoff team last year. Have people seen how that roster looks on paper? It's the worst I've ever seen. It's legitimately just most of a legitimate top six then a slew of fringe NHL'ers and guys playing way over their head in the lineup.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
It doesn't matter this late into the rankings as these are all teams with zero chance, but the rationale for Edmonton not being dead last just being "McDavid" is probably the laziest, most thoughtless, and dumbest rationale I've ever heard. He's one player. You can't one player your way to anything in the NHL, if that weren't true then they would have been a playoff team last year. Have people seen how that roster looks on paper? It's the worst I've ever seen. It's legitimately just most of a legitimate top six then a slew of fringe NHL'ers and guys playing way over their head in the lineup.

It is not most of a legitimate top-six. It is, at most, half of a legitimate top-six.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
It's pretty clear that you don't know enough about the topic to have an educated opinion.

Well given your argument....wait was there even one?

I laid out mine and it with analysis and at the end of the day no one has a crystal ball.

The facts of the matter are the Ducks were hit harder by injuries, especially on the back end, and most scouting observers have the Ducks system as better while the Wild's best prospect won't even be able to play in NHL next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->