2020 Standings and Draft pick watch thread

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Getting Laferniere would be everything. He'd do wonders to this team. Would be the superstar on forward we desperately missing to have a solid core. Heck, a few guys from the top end of this draft have that potential too. And we might even get to pick another..

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Getting Laferniere would be everything. He'd do wonders to this team. Would be the superstar on forward we desperately missing to have a solid core. Heck, a few guys from the top end of this draft have that potential too. And we might even get to pick another..
Even just Drysdale + Rossi would give the team a great boost.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
I wont complain if its all forwards but pretty hard to pass up a future of:

Chabot - Drysdale
Brannstrom - Bernard-Docker
Wolanin - Tompson
chabot-drysdale looks good on paper but it wouldn't be efficient to have 2 high end pmd paired together. A karlsson-methot like pairing would be ideal.

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
chabot-drysdale looks good on paper but it wouldn't be efficient to have 2 high end pmd paired together. A karlsson-methot like pairing would be ideal.

So have JBD up with Chabot and have Brannstrom play with Drysdale.

I think your underselling Drysdale's ability to be a 2-way Dman.

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
Can't see the Sens taking Drysdale with their 1st pick. I'd be surprised if they didn't end up with 2 forwards

Players with Top 9 potential (IMO):

- Batherson
- Tkachuk
- Norris
- Brown
- Formenton
- 2020 1st round draft pick forward
- Duclair (if resigned)
- Pageau (if resigned)
- White
- Balcers

I mean we have a decent group of future top 9 forwards to chose from and that doesn't take into account possibly receiving a 1st for Pageau or packaging our 2nds to move into the 1st round for someone we like (J. Quinn I'm looking at you).

I don't think 2 forward picks is necessary but I wouldn't complain if we did. I just value a 1st pairing RD more.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
That defense is skilled, but lacking some serious grit.

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Neidermeyer-Rafalski

Chabot and Drysdale ain’t just PMD. They are 2 way animals.

I agree on the grit part but that top pairing would be unbelievableeee.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Players with Top 9 potential (IMO):

- Batherson
- Tkachuk
- Norris
- Brown
- Formenton
- 2020 1st round draft pick forward
- Duclair (if resigned)
- Pageau (if resigned)
- White
- Balcers

I mean we have a decent group of future top 9 forwards to chose from and that doesn't take into account possibly receiving a 1st for Pageau or packaging our 2nds to move into the 1st round for someone we like (J. Quinn I'm looking at you).

I don't think 2 forward picks is necessary but I wouldn't complain if we did. I just value a 1st pairing RD more.

Connor Brown or Logan Brown? Connor is already a very good top-9 forward and I can't see Logan being less than that

Abramov and Pinto should also be on your list. Chlapik, Crookshank and Gruden too because they very well could. I'll leave Paul out of it because he should be the backbone of a great 4th line. I'm thinking of a Paul-Kastelic-Abramov line for example.

Also, Tierney is a 3rd liner, but my opinion has been we should trade him for a while

Anyway, I'd be very happy if Sens/Sharks both finish bot-5, which means we won't pick lower than 8th for both picks. I don't think Dorion will screw that up, we'll get 2 great players no matter what, this draft is sick.

So, if we are not lucky as usual, I seriously hope we can get our hands on Stutzle and Raymond

Raymond-Stutzle-Batherson (hello?)
Tkachuk-Brown-Norris
Formenton-Pageau/White-Balcers
Brown-Paul-Davidsson, etc

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
4 spins

Don't like that.

4 more

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
Connor Brown or Logan Brown? Connor is already a very good top-9 forward and I can't see Logan being less than that

Abramov and Pinto should also be on your list. Chlapik, Crookshank and Gruden too because they very well could. I'll leave Paul out of it because he should be the backbone of a great 4th line. I'm thinking of a Paul-Kastelic-Abramov line for example.

Also, Tierney is a 3rd liner, but my opinion has been we should trade him for a while

Anyway, I'd be very happy if Sens/Sharks both finish bot-5, which means we won't pick lower than 8th for both picks. I don't think Dorion will screw that up, we'll get 2 great players no matter what, this draft is sick.

So, if we are not lucky as usual, I seriously hope we can get our hands on Stutzle and Raymond

Raymond-Stutzle-Batherson (hello?)
Tkachuk-Brown-Norris
Formenton-Pageau/White-Balcers
Brown-Paul-Davidsson, etc

- Definitely Logan Brown, I'm still a believer in his upside. Connor Brown is a fine player too.
- Shit, I knew I forgot someone (Pinto - looking better every game).
- Abramov plays a very loose offensive/defensive game and I don't see him sticking in the NHL or at least not with Ottawa (I could be wrong)
- Not sold on Chlapik, Crookshank or Gruden.
- Trade Tierney, he's a fine bottom 6 player but not a long-term solution IMO
- I'm in the same boat, it will be hard for PD to screw this up. He knows how much this draft matters and has been out scouting himself (which is his bread and butter). This means the GM will actually have more scouting analysis and input than most GMs who rely solely on their scouting team

Reactions: Xspyrit

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Can't see the Sens taking Drysdale with their 1st pick. I'd be surprised if they didn't end up with 2 forwards

Depends on where that first pick is. Sens usually stick to their BPA.

In an ideal world I think it would be beneficial if the two best players were forwards, but Drysdale is a heck of a prospect

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
This could be a franchise altering draft. If the Sens luck into Laf plus another top 5-6 guy it solidify 2/3 of a dominating first line for the next 10 years.

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
My biggest question is would Lafreniere be able to transition to play C at the NHL level? Is it totally out of the question?

I see him being good/smart enough to switch his game over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad