GDT: 2020 Spring Training

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Was shocked too how early it started, most of the teams are in the Tampa area (I’m on the east coast) but I will definitely go to a couple of Mets games and try to get out to see some games in Jupiter. Though ticket prices are ridiculous for exhibition games :rolleyes: And because of the location that's why the Mets are basically playing the same 4-5 teams the entire month (Cardinals, Marlins, Nationals, Astros with some Tigers sprinkled in, the players are too spoiled to take a 1.5-2 hour bus ride west :D)

Last edited:

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Report: Jose Bautista working out as pitcher - TSN.ca

Try this one on for size.

According to ESPN's Jeff Passan, former Toronto Blue Jays slugger Jose Bautista has "spent this winter working out as a pitcher in hopes of returning as a two-way player."
"I've seen video of Jose Bautista throwing a bullpen session. Couldn't tell the velocity, but one source said he can run his fastball up to 94. His slider had legitimate tilt -- threw a short one and a bigger bender. [Former teammate Marcus Stroman] said in January he could pitch in a big league bullpen," Passan tweeted.

Well that's.....something.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
That could be a fun combination if he were able to compete for a roster spot. My dad still complains to this day that we had to leave an extra inning game early when I was a toddler and a relief pitcher hit a walkoff homer.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
A couple games on today including the Blue Jays and Rays. Nate Pearson is looking good thus far. Any chance he makes the team's opening day roster I wonder?

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
I’m at a spring training game between the A’s and Dodgers at Hohokam Stadium in Mesa (where the A’s play). I’m surprised to see that the netting hasn’t been extended at all past the dugout.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Going to see the revamped Clover Park today, pretty good pitching matchup for a spring training game with Syndergaard vs Verlander. Saw the Mets lineup, mostly their strongest lineup minus the outfield (two non roster guys starting with Marisnick at DH) but JD Davis returns from injury. However not the best Florida weather so far, it’s warm but cloudy and very windy :nod:

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Not sure if anyone is watching the Giants game, but they had Gabe Kapler on for that entire half inning and he was talking about wanting to see how pitchers go through stress innings in Spring Training. It was a fantastic interview and when he was hired I wasn't sure I liked it. I think I'm starting to come around now.

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
Now that Verlander will miss time, Houston better get an experienced innings-eater on an affordable short contract. What about Mike Fiers?

Gruß,
BSHH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->