WJC: 2020 Slovakia Roster Talk

Rusty7550

Aug 11, 2018
I remember Cernak at 16 in his first WJC being terrible. However despite being very raw his talent was already there. I see no talent in any of these kids, none. Hlavaj having a good numbers in Q means nothing, I wouldn't waste a 7th round pick on him. Knazko having a lot of points in Finland is the same. Those guys were supposed to be a leaders. Their skill and skating should be a level above the rest of the team. They didn't show it at all. And I really doubt that any of these guys have the work ethic or dedication for hockey as high as Chara to work their way up to the NHL.
And what was Hlavaj supposed to do? Goals wasnt his mistake. He did everything he could. And thanks to his performance in first game, we are not playing against Germany today.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Rough showing for Slovakia. Poorly constructed team. How do you leave your top draft eligible player at home for grinders with no skill?

Who will be drafted this year?

Chromiak
Hlavaj
Knazko
Stacha

Hopefully these guys along with Cajkovic can take big steps next year. Otherwise, they could be a relegation candidate.

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
And what was Hlavaj supposed to do? Goals wasnt his mistake. He did everything he could. And thanks to his performance in first game, we are not playing against Germany today.

I believe if Kazakhs didn't play the night before they would be tough to break. I think for 2 periods they were better than us but run out of steam in the third. As to Hlavaj he kept them in the game with Kazakhs but nothing else. Using Vyletelka as a benchmark is on the coaches.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
Martin Chromiak had a goal and an assist today for the Kingston Frontenacs in his OHL debut. I think he will be a nice addition to the team in the 2021 World Juniors.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Common guys. Cajkovic wasn't that bad. He was the only one, that could rush in to the attacking zone and create something with the puck.

Hlavaj - statistics are bad, but again, thanks him our team won first game.

Reactions: Elvs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad