WJC: 2020 Slovakia Roster Talk

Jakk123

May 6, 2014
Bratislava
How is there no place for Chromiak on this team? I'm not saying he would make a ton of difference, but I still don't get it. Are Slovak coaches living in some fantasy where we have a lot of offensive talent to choose from? Same shit like last year with Cajkovic.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
How is there no place for Chromiak on this team? I'm not saying he would make a ton of difference, but I still don't get it. Are Slovak coaches living in some fantasy where we have a lot of offensive talent to choose from? Same **** like last year with Cajkovic.

becuse he is very young, born 2002

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
Could we have one year in which one of our most highly skilled young prospects is not cut from the WJCU20 team? Is that too much to ask for? Year after year....

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Pretty bad tourney for us and I think next year, we might also have a similar one. But if we don't get relegated next year, we might get one where all of our games are close the year after that (2022). :huh: It's what it is.

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
So glad this is over. 3 best players of the team Dzugan, Fasko Rudas, Stacho and I think this was deserved. Glad we'll see Fasko Rudas and Stacho next year, hoping for improvement.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Fasko Rudas is 2000? Damn, thought otherwise, my bad.
Yeah unfortunately. Cajkovic was a major disappointment, whenever he doesn’t have the puck he is useless and he gets pushed off the puck so easily. This u18 tournament in a couple months should be good tho, I think 2002 age group is strong enough to compete with top teams as evident by Hlinka Gretzky cup a couple months ago

Reactions: Czechboy

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
By far the worst display of hockey in long time. Most of these kids cannot manage 2 things at the same time. Skating is the most obvious trouble for all D. Don't understand all that hype about Cajkovic or Hlavaj. Cajkovic is closer to a bust level than a star level. I don't see a single player from this team to even sniff a chance to play in the NHL one day. I think those 2 guys getting in the scrum with Lafreniere at the end of the game was the closest they could ever get to the NHL experience.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
By far the worst display of hockey in long time. Most of these kids cannot manage 2 things at the same time. Skating is the most obvious trouble for all D. Don't understand all that hype about Cajkovic or Hlavaj. Cajkovic is closer to a bust level than a star level. I don't see a single player from this team to even sniff a chance to play in the NHL one day. I think those 2 guys getting in the scrum with Lafreniere at the end of the game was the closest they could ever get to the NHL experience.
I’m pessimistic, but not that pessimistic. If Hlavaj was on any big nation his numbers would be great. Cajkovic was brutal I give you that. Knazko is as a little bit of disappointment, his skating really needs to improve. I thought Stacha looked quite good, he looked better to me than Fehervary did at same age in WJC.

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
I’m pessimistic, but not that pessimistic. If Hlavaj was on any big nation his numbers would be great. Cajkovic was brutal I give you that. Knazko is as a little bit of disappointment, his skating really needs to improve. I thought Stacha looked quite good, he looked better to me than Fehervary did at same age in WJC.

I remember Cernak at 16 in his first WJC being terrible. However despite being very raw his talent was already there. I see no talent in any of these kids, none. Hlavaj having a good numbers in Q means nothing, I wouldn't waste a 7th round pick on him. Knazko having a lot of points in Finland is the same. Those guys were supposed to be a leaders. Their skill and skating should be a level above the rest of the team. They didn't show it at all. And I really doubt that any of these guys have the work ethic or dedication for hockey as high as Chara to work their way up to the NHL.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Next year roster (hopefully)

Chromiak - Myklukha - Cajkovic
Mrazik - Sojka - Lasak
Valigura - Jellus - Jendek
Kolenic - Kaslik - Slafkovsky

Knazko - Mudrak
Golian - Stacha
Fatul - Turan
Nemec - Hlavac