WJC: 2020 Slovakia Roster Talk

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
And I’m assuming Fasko Rudas as well. Valigura I thought may be an interesting option but I think next year for him. Maybe Jellus doesn’t look all that good, who knows, I haven’t seen him play.
Yes, Fasko Rudas will join team as well. I have seen Jellus on the last U18 championship and that was disappointing, but it was the whole team which played terrible much under its potential

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Yes, Fasko Rudas will join team as well. I have seen Jellus on the last U18 championship and that was disappointing, but it was the whole team which played terrible much under its potential

Fasko Rudas definitely sounds like a fake name Radko Gudas would make up for himself, to avoid being punished by the department of player safety or something.

Slovakprospects

Dec 15, 2019
I am okay with cuts in the roster, maybe a little suprise is sending off the rabcan. I think he is better goalie than lackovic and the other suprise is adding drabek from reserve to second camp..

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Final roster projections:

Okuliar Kovacik Cajkovic
Fasko-Rudas Tkac Chromiak
Mrazik Pauliny Nespala
Ferenyi J.Minarik Durina

Dlugos Bucko
Knazko Mudrak
Golian Turan
Cesanek Stacha

Goalies are set already

Slovakprospects

Dec 15, 2019
No way... Where is jendek, dzugan, Marek minarik? I think durina doesnt make WC, same as nespala, in defense i swap cesanek with vitalos and fatul with turan.. Starting goalie Will be Hlavaj, second Vyletelka...

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Staring line vs Czechs on 22nd

Brankári: Samuel Hlavaj, Samuel Vyletelka, Jakub Lackovič.
Obrancovia: Martin Bučko, Boris Česánek, Marcel Dlugoš, Andrej Golian, Samuel Kňažko, Dávid Mudrák, Marko Stacha, Martin Vitaloš.
Útočníci: Maxim Čajkovič, Viktor Ďurina, Róbert Džugan, Martin Faško-Rudáš, Dominik Jendek, Kristián Kováčik, Jakub Minárik, Marek Minárik, Michal Mrázik, Oliver Okuliar, Adam Paulíny, Daniel Vladimír Tkáč

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
What are the expectations for Slovakia going to this tournament? How is this generation viewed in comparison to the previous years?

They are expected to beat Kazakhstan and thus advance to to the QF. Maybe they can beat Switzerland which doesn't look very strong this year. In the QF it will be extremely difficult for them, since all the 5 teams in the other group are going to have significantly stronger rosters on paper. This year, the groups are somewhat unbalanced. The Ostrava group (CAN, CZE, GER, RUS, USA) looks much tougher than the Trinec one (FIN, KAZ, SUI, SVK, SWE).

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
What are the expectations for Slovakia going to this tournament? How is this generation viewed in comparison to the previous years?
The 2000 generation is not very strong, but hey I thought the 99 generation was strong and they got clobbered in the QF. The team will hopefully play different under new coach. This team should get to the QF, but at the 3 or 4 seed that is good question. The matchup vs swiss will be very fun to watch. It’s more of a transition year, we will have quite a few returnees next year plus possibly even younger guys (Nemec, Slafkovsky). I’m probably most interested in seeing Chromiak now compared to at the hlinka Gretzky cup.

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
I’m probably most interested in seeing Chromiak now compared to at the hlinka Gretzky cup.
You might be surprised in a few days, because he is not a lock. As of now, it looks like his chances to make the team are maybe like 60:40.
Regarding our 2000s - They have always been considered a very weak generation, but then they had a great U18 wjc where they beat Czech rep. 5:2 and lost to Russia in shootout. It's good that this years WJC is played in Trinec and Ostrava. Our boys will feel like at home and they will also get some support from the crowd. I am positive about our chances against Switzerland. Obviously, we stand no chance against USA or CAN in QFs, so let's hope we will have good games in our group.

Last edited:

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
You might be surprised in a few days, because he is not a lock. As of now, it looks like his chances to make the team are maybe like 60:40.
Regarding our 2000s - They have always been considered a very weak generation, but then they had a great U18 wjc where they beat Czech rep. 5:2 and lost to Russia in shootout. It's good that this years WJC is played in Trinec and Ostrava. Our boys will feel like at home and they will also get some support from the crowd. I am positive about our chances against Switzerland. Obviously, we stand no chance against USA or CAN in QFs, so let's hope we will have good games in our group.
It would be pretty disappointing if he wasn’t on the team, cause he is one of the more skilled players selected. If he gets cut and players like Minarik and Jendek make it, that would be quite sad. Those guys are dump and chase players who are gonna get schooled by any decent Swedish or Finnish player. Ehhhh the home crowd may make advantage but than again more pressure = better chance at choking as seen by the WC this year. We won’t stand a chance against Canada, but we have played decent games against USA in the past 3 years. Also Russia = no chance either

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
It would be pretty disappointing if he wasn’t on the team, cause he is one of the more skilled players selected. If he gets cut and players like Minarik and Jendek make it, that would be quite sad. Those guys are dump and chase players who are gonna get schooled by any decent Swedish or Finnish player. Ehhhh the home crowd may make advantage but than again more pressure = better chance at choking as seen by the WC this year. We won’t stand a chance against Canada, but we have played decent games against USA in the past 3 years. Also Russia = no chance either

He will go. Simply because NHL draft and the Dukla lobby. They want him to be drafted, so they can have money for him from NHL. And and dont think, others are far better than him.

Because, if he doesnt go, he will say goodbay to Dukla and go to OHL.

Rusty7550

Aug 11, 2018
He will go. Simply because NHL draft and the Dukla lobby. They want him to be drafted, so they can have money for him from NHL. And and dont think, others are far better than him.

Because, if he doesnt go, he will say goodbay to Dukla and go to OHL.
"Dukla lobby" ... Are you Slovan fan? These kids from Dukla ... Stacha, Dzugan. Chromiak for example ... are very good players and they should be there. Not because of some "Dukla lobby" but because they are playing well. I was watching last U20 tournament when we played against Switzerland, Germany and Norway and Chromiak played very good. Scored a beauty against Switzerland. And btw ... he will be in OHL sooner or later. Maybe after the WJC and if not, then after this season.

Reactions: firstafricanslovak

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
"Dukla lobby" ... Are you Slovan fan? These kids from Dukla ... Stacha, Dzugan. Chromiak for example ... are very good players and they should be there. Not because of some "Dukla lobby" but because they are playing well. I was watching last U20 tournament when we played against Switzerland, Germany and Norway and Chromiak played very good. Scored a beauty against Switzerland. And btw ... he will be in OHL sooner or later. Maybe after the WJC and if not, then after this season.
Even looking back at both 2018 and 2019 hlinka Gretzky cup, be made some very good plays and stood out. Will be interesting to see how he does in best on best competition. Who do we think he will play with? Maybe Fasko-Rudas, I’ve streamed a few of Everett games this season and he plays pretty strong 2 way game and is quite feisty.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Here was the lineup.
Faško-Rudáš - M. Minárik - Džugan
Okuliar - Kováčik - Čajkovič
Mrázik - Paulíny - Tkáč
Jendek - J. Minárik - Ďurina

Golian - Vitaloš
Kňažko - Mudrák
Dlugoš - Bučko
Stacha - Česánek

Vyletelka

Chromiak, Nespala, Fatul, Hlavaj, Drabek, Turan did not play

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
Drabek, Golian and Chromiak are the final cuts.

2018: Who is the player you are looking forward to see the most? - Cajkovic
2019: Who is the player you are looking forward to see the most? - Chromiak

And they both didn't make the team LOL

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad