2020 Season Discussion Thread

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Dobbins over Wilkins on waiver wire I would assume?
I would take Dobbins, but I'd also temper expectations. There will never be a feature back in Baltimore IMO, and when everyone is healthy, there are basically 4 backs there. Jackson doesn't tend to check down to the backs either. He does have big time upside though.

Think he'd be a good sell high candidate.

ThankYouBasedGod

Oct 25, 2010
Saskatoon
Prob a dumb question, is this even close? Ten teams, 0.5 PPR.

I get: Dalvin Cook, Justin Jackson, Brandin Cooks.

I give: Nick Chub , James Connor, Keenan Allen

Last edited:

Zibanejbread

Rebuilding.
Jan 19, 2013
PA

IMO, you're giving up too much. 2 RB1s and a WR1 for a (better) RB1 and flex options. Upgrade to Cook isn't worth what you're giving up.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

You are giving too much up, but since it's 10 team, you could have disgusting depth, where moves like this make sense to get the best possible starting lineup for the playoffs. If you have insane depth, do what it takes to get Cook. If you don't have that depth, and you are losing 3 starters and don't have good replacements, then I'd pass.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Traded Edmonds for Woods, so now my setup is this:

RB: Zeke, Robinson, Carson, Moss, Wilkens, Gaskin
WR: Metcalf, Diggs, Woods, Jefferson

Would you consider Zeke and Jefferson for Robinson and Gurley. Or would that lean me to far towards WR and not be worth it? Had a deal being discussed with that owner, but I decided to float Edmonds to the Drake owner who is desperate for a win to make the playoffs, started with Higgins and he countered with Woods.

Reactions: tacogeoff

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Desperate for a RB, would you trade Michael Thomas for Nick Chubb (assuming he’s healthy next week)?

My other receivers are

Allen
Kupp
Fulgham
Samuel
Cole

and my RBs are

Jones
J. Williams
McKinnon
Hasty
Edwards

.5 PPR 1 year league

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL
ESPN just switched Matthew Berry's Love/Hate column to ESPN+ only? Bold move ESPN. Not like I can find that level of analysis anywhere. I liked his article each week for his personality. Easy enough to go without it.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Quick and dirty, which would you rather have ROS, PPR:

Jonathan Taylor & Jordan Wilkins

Zack Moss & Devin Singletary

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Traded Edmonds for Woods, so now my setup is this:

RB: Zeke, Robinson, Carson, Moss, Wilkens, Gaskin
WR: Metcalf, Diggs, Woods, Jefferson

Would you consider Zeke and Jefferson for Robinson and Gurley. Or would that lean me to far towards WR and not be worth it? Had a deal being discussed with that owner, but I decided to float Edmonds to the Drake owner who is desperate for a win to make the playoffs, started with Higgins and he countered with Woods.

I'd rather have Robinson (Allen?) and Gurley. Feel like this isn't gonna be Zeke's year and have a poor ROS outlook on Dallas. Gurley has been quietly efficient and probably give you more than what Zeke will every week ROS. I hate that ARob has to rely on Foles, hoping the change in play calling leads to better things. And Chicago's playoff schedule is mint. For what it's worth, I'm an ARob owner.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Quick and dirty, which would you rather have ROS, PPR:

Jonathan Taylor & Jordan Wilkins

Zack Moss & Devin Singletary

Moss in Buffalo, the goal-line carries seals it for me, and I think he'll have a slight advantage in a near 50/50 split. I'd avoid Indy, but probably Taylor just because he's probably the one that will be given the most chances to be the lead back, but they are looking like a NE or Baltimore situation, where 3 guys are basically evenly splitting the workload, so I wouldn't feel comfortable playing any of them.

Reactions: Soli

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I'd rather have Robinson (Allen?) and Gurley. Feel like this isn't gonna be Zeke's year and have a poor ROS outlook on Dallas. Gurley has been quietly efficient and probably give you more than what Zeke will every week ROS. I hate that ARob has to rely on Foles, hoping the change in play calling leads to better things. And Chicago's playoff schedule is mint. For what it's worth, I'm an ARob owner.
My concern with Gurley is his terrible yards per carry and non-existent passing game impactk, so he's TD dependent, but maybe there isn't a reason the TDs should stop.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Yeah, I've been consistently hearing stick with Zack Moss. I kinda wanna explore Taylor cause I like Indy's stretch into playoffs more than Buffalo's, and I'm holding out hope they'd just give Taylor a lion's share of work down the stretch, into the second half, as Rivers continues to fade. Potentially that's a more impactful role in playoff time than Moss.

Moss has better up arrows, but he'll always have to contend with Allen on the goal line.

My concern with Gurley is his terrible yards per carry and non-existent passing game impactk, so he's TD dependent, but maybe there isn't a reason the TDs should stop.

I feel like Zeke's in a similar situation, but Gurley atleast score. Brian Hill spells Gurley oftens but Pollard will get more work as the season is lost. The Boys offense just isn't putting Zeke in situations to break off runs or be in the red zone, where we know what we're getting from Atlanta.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Nick Chubb cleared to return Sunday against a great matchup in Houston! Comes just in time for me, as I just lost Ridley and Golladay and really need all the help I can get.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
If you own Gaskin, do you go all in on Ahmed with waiver priority or FAAB to ensure that you get whoever is the starter there or do you trust that Gaskin gets his role back and you save waiver/FAAB for the possibility of someone else for the playoffs?

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
If you own Gaskin, do you go all in on Ahmed with waiver priority or FAAB to ensure that you get whoever is the starter there or do you trust that Gaskin gets his role back and you save waiver/FAAB for the possibility of someone else for the playoffs?

Gaskins will get his role back as soon as he is ready to go. If you own Gaskins I would def pick up Ahmed in case his injury reoccurs or if they extend Gaskins recovery timeline. Unless you have the RB slots easily covered with your roster.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Gaskins will get his role back as soon as he is ready to go. If you own Gaskins I would def pick up Ahmed in case his injury reoccurs or if they extend Gaskins recovery timeline. Unless you have the RB slots easily covered with your roster.
I do, I just haven't decided if I want to make sure I don't lose that backfield and then just add handcuffs and wait for an injury or pass on Ahmed and wait for an injury to happen somwhere else.

Robinson, Carson, and Zeke are my top 3, where Gaskin/Ahmed would be my safe RB3 replacement for Zeke if the Dallas offense has completely lost all TD potential. Once I get through week 11 byes of Allen, Diggs, and Roquan Smith, then I'll load up with some top handcuffs. I'm leaning towards going for Ahmed, to guarantee Miami's backfield which is surprisingly reliable, and then picking whichever handcuffs are left, which there are plenty.

Reactions: tacogeoff

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Is it possible for the commish to change the trade deadline mid-season in a Yahoo league?

I've never commish'd a league, but I swore our deadline had already passed after week8, but then I noticed our Commish swung a trade with his dad (pretty lopsided trade at that: Baker Mayfield for Marqise Brown in a 2QB league).

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Is it possible for the commish to change the trade deadline mid-season in a Yahoo league?

I've never commish'd a league, but I swore our deadline had already passed after week8, but then I noticed our Commish swung a trade with his dad (pretty lopsided trade at that: Baker Mayfield for Marqise Brown in a 2QB league).

On the league page (website version) it will tell you changes made by the commish under transactions and message board. I believe default Yahoo deadline was the 14th

But to your question, I believe you can change it at any point. I'm co-commish in a league and it still has the trade deadline as a drop down box like I can change it. Gives the options of 10/31, 11/7, 11/14, 11/21, 11/28 and no trade deadline

Check the change notes to see if or when it was changed

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
On the league page (website version) it will tell you changes made by the commish under transactions and message board. I believe default Yahoo deadline was the 14th

But to your question, I believe you can change it at any point. I'm co-commish in a league and it still has the trade deadline as a drop down box like I can change it. Gives the options of 10/31, 11/7, 11/14, 11/21, 11/28 and no trade deadline

Check the change notes to see if or when it was changed
Thanks for the info. I knew I wasn't crazy...

Our original trade deadline was 11/14, but on 11/17, he moved the trade deadline to 11/28 and then immediately swung a trade with his father. Commissioner sent Baker Mayfield to his dad for Marquise Brown. In a 2QB league this is pretty lopsided.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad