2020 Season Discussion Thread

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Thanks for the info. I knew I wasn't crazy...

Our original trade deadline was 11/14, but on 11/17, he moved the trade deadline to 11/28 and then immediately swung a trade with his father. Commissioner sent Baker Mayfield to his dad for Marquise Brown. In a 2QB league this is pretty lopsided.

Hope you brought it up to the league

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
you got to be kidding me. lost Dak and finally made a trade for a decent qb in Burrows...…………..
Oh noooooo! Ugh, injuries have been absolutely brutal. Any service-able QB's on waivers? Might have to stream for the rest of the season. Dalton or Taysom Hill maybe?

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Any update you can share? I'm in a league that had some trade drama too
I discussed it with the Commissioner and he basically said that since he was not aware there was a trade deadline before playoffs, and because the trade was pretty inconsequential (Brown has been dropped and Baker is hot garbage right now), he thinks it was justified. The app glitched for me the week that Yahoo moved the waivers because of the Tuesday game and he had to fix my roster, so be also used that as justification, for some reason, lol.

I was irritated at first, but in a way I'm okay with it. No one in my league ever trades, I've offered up 2 trades and announced players available in the league chat and there's pretty much zero interest. We bumped down our buy-in this year from $100 to $60 because of COVID. Plus I've been in 1st place basically all year and just locked into a top 2 spot this week. 3-8 are pretty much each scrambling every week, so it's hard to be upset, lol.

What's your trade drama about?

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Torn who to play between Cooper vs Wash or A. Robinson vs GB. Both of their QB are nightmares.
I'd probably go with Cooper. Like you said, both of their QBs suck, but I think I'd trust Dalton more than Foles/Trubisky.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
I discussed it with the Commissioner and he basically said that since he was not aware there was a trade deadline before playoffs, and because the trade was pretty inconsequential (Brown has been dropped and Baker is hot garbage right now), he thinks it was justified. The app glitched for me the week that Yahoo moved the waivers because of the Tuesday game and he had to fix my roster, so be also used that as justification, for some reason, lol.

I was irritated at first, but in a way I'm okay with it. No one in my league ever trades, I've offered up 2 trades and announced players available in the league chat and there's pretty much zero interest. We bumped down our buy-in this year from $100 to $60 because of COVID. Plus I've been in 1st place basically all year and just locked into a top 2 spot this week. 3-8 are pretty much each scrambling every week, so it's hard to be upset, lol.

What's your trade drama about?

The guy who has been in first place practically all season had a lopsided trade where he got Devante Adams and AP for Lamb and Shenault, people complained (instant trades, no veto and no wait time) and the trade was reversed. Apparently he was proposed this trade and did not initiate anything however the person he was trading with is his dad who has been at the bottom the whole year. I made a trade with my cousin where picks were also attached and the whole league erupted in a whine fest about trading picks which they said was not allowed despite the fact that trading draft picks can be turned off or on and they are on...but we traded the picks back and just kept the players straight up. Then in, I guess, an "oh yeah?" BS trade retaliation, the same first place guy traded Kyler, ok, Shenault and Lamb, again, for Lamar, Mike Evans and AJ Brown. It just so happened he was trading with his brother who has long been mathematically eliminated from playoffs. This trade too was reversed.

This is my second year in this league, 16 teams. I dont really know anyone. Its with two of my cousins, my cousins wife, my uncle and then I dont really know the rest but I do know its my cousins mother-in-law and his wife's brother(s?). Not really sure, think some are just friends and not family but last year there was some whining about how husbands and wives are not allowed to trade with each other, alluding to past collusion resulting in a black and white ban on intramarriage trades...

I just noticed, I believe the wife left the league after last season and, if so, the husband was the same guy making suspicious trades with his dad and brother, think they are my cousin's in-laws.

It is crazy how much back and forth whining there has been in my two seasons and its obvious there was a lot, maybe even more, before I joined, probably took someone's spot but you also just can't let people cheat. Should just change trade windows to 24 hours with veto

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
The guy who has been in first place practically all season had a lopsided trade where he got Devante Adams and AP for Lamb and Shenault, people complained (instant trades, no veto and no wait time) and the trade was reversed. Apparently he was proposed this trade and did not initiate anything however the person he was trading with is his dad who has been at the bottom the whole year. I made a trade with my cousin where picks were also attached and the whole league erupted in a whine fest about trading picks which they said was not allowed despite the fact that trading draft picks can be turned off or on and they are on...but we traded the picks back and just kept the players straight up. Then in, I guess, an "oh yeah?" BS trade retaliation, the same first place guy traded Kyler, ok, Shenault and Lamb, again, for Lamar, Mike Evans and AJ Brown. It just so happened he was trading with his brother who has long been mathematically eliminated from playoffs. This trade too was reversed.

This is my second year in this league, 16 teams. I dont really know anyone. Its with two of my cousins, my cousins wife, my uncle and then I dont really know the rest but I do know its my cousins mother-in-law and his wife's brother(s?). Not really sure, think some are just friends and not family but last year there was some whining about how husbands and wives are not allowed to trade with each other, alluding to past collusion resulting in a black and white ban on intramarriage trades...

I just noticed, I believe the wife left the league after last season and, if so, the husband was the same guy making suspicious trades with his dad and brother, think they are my cousin's in-laws.

It is crazy how much back and forth whining there has been in my two seasons and its obvious there was a lot, maybe even more, before I joined, probably took someone's spot but you also just can't let people cheat. Should just change trade windows to 24 hours with veto
That league sounds horrible lol. Davante Adams for Lamb and Shenault? Adams might be the 2nd most valuable player in fantasy football lol.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Ha wow what an interesting weekend for my rosters. Ballage is Q and I just got off Ekeler off IR but he is slated for a light work load. Lost Amed, have Gaskins on IR and was able to pick up Brieda. Lost Gurley, Taylor and Dobbins. Golladay was out again so I had picked up Juedy and then Patrick as well...….no they have no real QB to throw to them. Lol. This season is ridiculous.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Well, I've already secured the 1st round bye so I wanted to have some fun with my roster this week. Ended up picking up Kendall Hinton and started him in my flex... Yeah, he ended up with -2.78, which is not far from what I expected, but I just wanted to mess around.

Thanks to Henry and Chubb I'm still going to win with 0.00 at TE and -2.78 in my flex, lol.

Reactions: tacogeoff

Yarice

Oct 28, 2011
Last week before playoff in my league. (PPR, start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 1D/ST, 1K)

My team looks like this:

QB: J.Allen, A.Rodgers
RB: C.McCaffrey, A.Kamara, M. Gaskin, C.Edmonds, G.Bernard, S.Ahmed
WR: DJ Moore, S.Diggs, J.Smith-Schuster, C.Samuel, M.Williams
TE: G.Kittle (IR), D.Waller
D/ST: Rams
K: R.Blankenship

I am sure to finish first, but I will probably play against the guy who will finish 2nd in points scored in first round (Week 14-15).

I like to have Edmonds, Bernard and Ahmed, who can be successful when their RB1 is not playing.

Now, I have a decision to make. Mike Davis is available on the waiver wire. He can also be useful when McCaffrey is hurt. Should I put a waiver claim on him? And if yes, who should I drop?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Going with Agholor off the wire in for Gabe Davis, who I only picked up last week because my opponent had Josh Allen and that paid off in spades (took Bass over Tucker as well at K). I've clinched the bye but not 1st place and my opponent is 1-11, so I will likely lose this

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The combo of Tucker and the Ravens defense can get 5 points against the lowly Cowboys right? It's so sad it's even come to this in my matchup (my opponent is 1-12 and had Ryan, Gurley, Gore and Badgley combine for like 9 points), my WR's have dried up (though I left Gabriel Davis on my bench), Russell going into the tank and Kamara's value getting submarined by Taysom Hill. I meant to switch out Bass for Tucker yesterday but I was waiting out the early game, if I had done that I'd have won. Thankfully I've clinched a bye already and if I win here I get 1st place.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Going into tonites game, I needed Cooper to outscore Brown by 4.7 points to win my division.

I am now 4.5 points behind, neither one is doing anything. Had I played Carr over Ryan, the game would be over.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
interesting season so far. secured a playoff spot in one league with a win last night which vaulted me from 8th to 6th. I got trounced in my other league but still with the tie breakers I got the last playoff spot. And in a non money league with draft pick trading a finished 1st overall and have a bye this week.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad