NFL: 2020 Schedule Release

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
watch all the leaks drop several hours prior
You know who is playing who it’s just a matter of when.

the inter and intra conference games you already know which of those games are at home and which are on the road. Im sure there is a standing process for the 2 remaining “standings” games as to which team gets home field in those ones.

main question is when is your bye week. Every team wants it after week 5. Anything before that is too early.

Reactions: Avs44

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Interesting, but not unexpected.

If they use the Super Bowl champ in the season opener, as is tradition most years, do they have KC play Atlanta or make them go on the road and play TB?
SB champs open at home

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
SB champs open at home

I know. I said most years because they broke tradition last year with the GB- Chi season opener. Just wondering if they would break tradition again for the better ratings match-up.

The other option is Carolina at KC.

Last edited:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I know. I said most years because they broke tradition last year with the GB- Chi season opener. Just wondering if they would break tradition again for the better ratings match-up.

The other option is Carolina at KC.
NFL opened with Chi and GB. But NE still opened at home on Sunday Night.

As for this season, if KC has to host an NFC opponent, then I think they go with the bigger name recognition of ATL over CAR.

NFL has to be prepared for September to potentially be delayed and they might not be able to add these games to the end of the season. Most likely why they are opting for the Non Conference Games to begin the season.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Too bad they didn't schedule the Saints to visit KC instead of Carolina and Atlanta

Teams only play at the stadiums of teams in the other conference once every 8 years, so it was never an option for the Saints or Bucs to play at KC in the opener.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Teams only play at the stadiums of teams in the other conference once every 8 years, so it was never an option for the Saints or Bucs to play at KC in the opener.
True. So an elite QB from another conference will only visit your home stadium maybe 2 times in their career if you are lucky. Seattle got Mahomes in 2018. Next time will be 2026 then after that would be 2034. See where Mahomes is when he’s around 39.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore

I know I'm just saying it's too bad because if they do end up playing these games the quality of Atlanta or Carolina vs KC is much lower than NO or TB. But the NFL changes virtually every year anyway so you never know.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
There are leaks. Saints open at home against Tampa Bay in the 4pm window in week 1. They are in Vegas for MNF Week 2 and host the Vikings on Christmas.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
If they are playing inter conference games week on then Houston at KC is my guess for the season opener. Two great young QB’s, both taken after my Bears took that other guy, ugh.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
There are leaks. Saints open at home against Tampa Bay in the 4pm window in week 1. They are in Vegas for MNF Week 2 and host the Vikings on Christmas.
Hmmm... early posts had the theory that The AFC vs NFC matchups would go from weeks 1-4 but seeing leaks that it will be divisional games to kick off the season.

to me it would make sense to do the AFC and NFC matchups early if those are the ones that you could sacrifice if things don’t go right in September and the nfl is unable to make up those games in January and this push back the SB.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Texans at Chiefs will be the opening night game

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Hmmm... early posts had the theory that The AFC vs NFC matchups would go from weeks 1-4 but seeing leaks that it will be divisional games to kick off the season.

to me it would make sense to do the AFC and NFC matchups early if those are the ones that you could sacrifice if things don’t go right in September and the nfl is unable to make up those games in January and this push back the SB.

It might be too much travel early for a lot of teams. NFC West plays AFC East. AFC West vs. NFC South. There’s a lot of cross-country trips in there. More likely they set it up in a way where it’s more easily consolidated.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Looks like the rumors of the NFL schedule being front-loaded with interconference games are going to be proven wrong.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Looks like the rumors of the NFL schedule being front-loaded with interconference games are going to be proven wrong.
Seems so. Saints in Denver week 12 and home vs. KC week 15. I think they’re getting LA Chargers on MNF week 9.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I see they're making the Vikings go into Seattle for a night game for the third straight season. Fans or no fans, I'll pencil that in as a loss right now. The Seahawks being good is a huge part of it but the Vikings also just can't get up for these late games out West.

Vikings @ Saints on Christmas is one of the other confirmed match ups I've seen. A game on Christmas, which is on a Friday, is going to be really weird. I guess one positive about having to play at both SEA and NO this season is that they might not have the usual noise advantage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad