2020 Roster - Options

eulatron

Jun 24, 2019
Their is not 1 team worse than us period

SY will not go big money spending, no after drafting 4th.

We will be lucky to improve

No way we'll be close to what we were last year imo. Howard was absolutely awful, DDK was injured the whole year. We'll most likely have a competent step in of Seider and another decent vet defensemen, along with a backup, possibly starting? goalie, to help. No possible way.

Reactions: Rzombo4 prez

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
If the Wings are playing and they believe Seider is ready, let him play.
If little guys like Makar and Hughes can handle the big show in their D+2 year, I think our guy can too.
Rasmussen?
Let's see him have a good season in the AHL.

Reactions: Tetsuo

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
If the Wings are playing and they believe Seider is ready, let him play.
If little guys like Makar and Hughes can handle the big show in their D+2 year, I think our guy can too.
Rasmussen?
Let's see him have a good season in the AHL.
Yeah, I agree with this take. I want to see Ras have a healthy season and get as many reps in as possible, then hopefully force his way back up the roster sometime mid-season.

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
Zadina and Seider will come out red hot due to already playing for months in europe. Zadinas breaking out this year big time.

Also want to see Rasmussen up and possible Veleno if there’s no AHL season.

Bertuzzi Larkin Zadina
Fabbri Rasmussen Mantha
Veleno Filpulla whoever

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Zadina and Seider will come out red hot due to already playing for months in europe. Zadinas breaking out this year big time.

Also want to see Rasmussen up and possible Veleno if there’s no AHL season.

Bertuzzi Larkin Zadina
Fabbri Rasmussen Mantha
Veleno Filpulla whoever

If there is no AHL season I'm not sure the Wings have much of a choice but to have them up. Find room in Europe? Maybe, but that's not going to be easy if the AHL is shuttered and all of those guys are also looking for work.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
No way we'll be close to what we were last year imo. Howard was absolutely awful, DDK was injured the whole year. We'll most likely have a competent step in of Seider and another decent vet defensemen, along with a backup, possibly starting? goalie, to help. No possible way.

Bernier was actually decent this year and we were god awful

DD is at best a low end #4 dman, ie; ho hum who cares. He makes no real impact that transcends into more wins.

SY will not add an impact free agent as he knows we suck, knows we lost the draft and knows we need to either win the draft soon or draft multiple top 5 picks before he goes that route.

Drafting 4th pushed this rebuild further out.

2 more years of brutal hockey followed by 2 years of lousy hockey are in store for DRW fans. Might as well embrace it.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI

DD is at best a low end #4 dman, ie; ho hum who cares. He makes no real impact that transcends into more wins.

Kinda disagree here. The Wings are better and get more wins with DDK than without him. He get too much hate for having to play above his head on the first pairing. He is a fine second pairing defender.

Reactions: DATSOMATIC13

ShippinItDaily

Apr 28, 2004
Saskatoon

SY will not add an impact free agent as he knows we suck, knows we lost the draft and knows we need to either win the draft soon or draft multiple top 5 picks before he goes that route.

Drafting 4th pushed this rebuild further out.

2 more years of brutal hockey followed by 2 years of lousy hockey are in store for DRW fans. Might as well embrace it.

I think one more year of lousy hockey (which will be better than this past season), then we will see what happens after the expansion draft and a couple more overpaid players and a buyout come off the books (Filppula, Helm and Weiss' contract).

We are nowhere near being a contender yet, but the canvas is getting close to being favourable for Yzerman to start to make some moves for a significant upwards trajectory.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad