whatever it takes for Hall.

Rasmussen Larkin Mantha
Hall Fabbri Zadina
Bertuzzi Rossi ?
Helm Filpulla Glendening

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Apologies for the somewhat old bump. Matt Murray seems to have played his last game as a Pen (if they don't win today). And I've seen at least one article out of Detroit that suggested the Red Wings trade for him. If Yzerman does go that path, is there any chance Bowey would be included in such a trade? I don't see much talk about him on this board.

I was thinking something around:

Matt Murray + rights to Juuso Riikola

for

2020 DET 2nd round + 2021 DET 2nd round + rights to Madison Bowey

Riikola (LD, but can play both sides) has some pretty good advanced stats, can skate, can hit, and has a pretty good slapshot. For whatever reason, Mike Sullivan doesn't want to play him.

Thoughts?

And thank you in advance!

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Apologies for the somewhat old bump. Matt Murray seems to have played his last game as a Pen (if they don't win today). And I've seen at least one article out of Detroit that suggested the Red Wings trade for him. If Yzerman does go that path, is there any chance Bowey would be included in such a trade? I don't see much talk about him on this board.

for

Riikola (LD, but can play both sides) has some pretty good advanced stats, can skate, can hit, and has a pretty good slapshot. For whatever reason, Mike Sullivan doesn't want to play him.

Thoughts?

I like Murray, but I'd rather not spend precious assets in a rebuild for a G when we can sign a UFA 1B/decent backup type for Free. Murray as UFA, absolutely. Besides, giving the Pens anything makes me wanna vomit.

Last edited:

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Thoughts?

We'd need to know what Matt Murray is looking for on his next contract.

At face value, this looks a little rich for a guy who has struggled to keep his starting job and is going to want a new deal. If I need to use these kind of assets for Murray and his pending contract negotiations, I think instead I hop on the phone with Washington and use a 4th rounder to secure the rights to negotiate with Holtby.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
We'd need to know what Matt Murray is looking for on his next contract.

At face value, this looks a little rich for a guy who has struggled to keep his starting job and is going to want a new deal. If I need to use these kind of assets for Murray and his pending contract negotiations, I think instead I hop on the phone with Washington and use a 4th rounder to secure the rights to negotiate with Holtby.

Murray will probably be pointing to Gibson's and Hellebyuck's contracts as comparables, but likely won't get that.

Not sure if you'd need to send a 4th rounder to Washington given that there's that odd one-week time frame teams can negotiate with UFAs now. Or did that go away with the CBA update?

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Murray will probably be pointing to Gibson's and Hellebyuck's contracts as comparables, but likely won't get that.

Not sure if you'd need to send a 4th rounder to Washington given that there's that odd one-week time frame teams can negotiate with UFAs now. Or did that go away with the CBA update?

Yikes, yeah, not sure I feel good about 6+ over a really long-term with Murray. On top of moving two 2nds.

That week is still there, but the point is to lock them up before they can even talk to anyone else. The UFA chat week means you're still competing against everyone.

Ultimately, before I'm active with Murray in any regard, I'd need to know what's up with Lehner and Holtby.

Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI

for

Thoughts?

Two 2nds is just too rich of a payment for us, considering we need all the draft capital we can get.

Murray is an intriguing option but we are in such a shitty position that it doesn’t make much sense to pay up for him. I’d rather stick with Bernier and wait till to pull the trigger on a goalie, or hope a young guys pans out for us

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
- ide like to see fabbri get a chance on the 1st line to see what happens : FABBRI-LARKIN-MANTHA
- sign ufa dman joel edmonson
- sign ufa goalie talbot
- give pearson a 4th line job
- send abs to griffs
- waive perlini

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
- ide like to see fabbri get a chance on the 1st line to see what happens : FABBRI-LARKIN-MANTHA
- sign ufa dman joel edmonson
- sign ufa goalie talbot
- give pearson a 4th line job
- send abs to griffs
- waive perlini
Totally one line team.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Next season should be check if Svechnikov is NHL player.
Rasmussen-Larkin- Mantha
Bertuzzi- Fabbri-Brome-
Filppula-Glendening-Svechnikov
Helm-Ehn-Nielsen
Hope no more extension to Blashill

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
You're missing Zadina here, he is absolutely playing in the top 6.
I hope he stay in Europe for entire year. They need evaluate Rasmussen and Svechnikov . Hope 2022 season we have competitive team with Veleno, Zadina, Berggren, #4 draft pick

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I hope he stay in Europe for entire year. They need evaluate Rasmussen and Svechnikov . Hope 2022 season we have competitive team with Veleno, Zadina, Berggren, #4 draft pick

It's moro probable that Svechnikov will have a full at KHL and Zadina is NHLr.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Without a real 2C, 1D, 2D, we'll have a similar season, unless we're relatively healthy, and then we won't be that much better, but somewhat better. The Bonus is, at least that'll keep Zadina/Fabbri/Bert/Mantha's next contracts very reasonable.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
next years top 6 imo should be

Fabbri Larkin Zadina
Bertuzzi Ras Mantha
Fabbri hasn't looked all that impressive playing with Larkin, and Zadina needs to earn top line role. Start the rookies down lower and let them work their way up.

Start of season will probably looks something like:
Bert-Larkin-Mantha
Zadina-Flip-Fabbri (Flip with the veteran defensive "presence" because you know that's going to happen)
Helm-Raz-Svech (Helm with the veteran defensive "presence" because you know that's also going to happen)
Timashov-LGD- Brome(LGD with the veteran defensive "presence" because you know that's going to happen again, lol)
Ehn, Nielsen, Abby (sent to GR who might not be playing)

DDK-Hronek
Nemeth-Lindstrom
UFA-Biega/Bowey
Would prefer to see Sieder, but I get the feeling they're gonna let him play the whole season with Mannheim

Helm, LGD, Nemeth, and Flip all traded at TDL.

Zadina-Larkin-Mantha (I think Zadina moves up)
Bert-Fabbri-Svech (Svech moves up if his knee holds up)
Timashov-Raz-Brome (Timashov replaces Helm)
Smith-Ehn-Pearson or some other warm body (Is Nielsen still warm?)

DDK-Hronek
UFA-Lindstrom
Cholo-Biega/Bowey (Cholo set to fail again, poor kid)
Defense set for another tank, wow.

Not terribly excited about next season.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Fabbri hasn't looked all that impressive playing with Larkin, and Zadina needs to earn top line role. Start the rookies down lower and let them work their way up.

Start of season will probably looks something like:
Bert-Larkin-Mantha
Zadina-Flip-Fabbri (Flip with the veteran defensive "presence" because you know that's going to happen)
Helm-Raz-Svech (Helm with the veteran defensive "presence" because you know that's also going to happen)
Timashov-LGD- Brome(LGD with the veteran defensive "presence" because you know that's going to happen again, lol)
Ehn, Nielsen, Abby (sent to GR who might not be playing)

DDK-Hronek
Nemeth-Lindstrom
UFA-Biega/Bowey
Would prefer to see Sieder, but I get the feeling they're gonna let him play the whole season with Mannheim

Helm, LGD, Nemeth, and Flip all traded at TDL.

Zadina-Larkin-Mantha (I think Zadina moves up)
Bert-Fabbri-Svech (Svech moves up if his knee holds up)
Timashov-Raz-Brome (Timashov replaces Helm)
Smith-Ehn-Pearson or some other warm body (Is Nielsen still warm?)

DDK-Hronek
UFA-Lindstrom
Cholo-Biega/Bowey (Cholo set to fail again, poor kid)
Defense set for another tank, wow.

Not terribly excited about next season.

Agree with a lot of this. Seider is going to be on the big team next year in my opinion.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Agree with a lot of this. Seider is going to be on the big team next year in my opinion.
I would be surprised, disappointed & angry if Seider isn't on the team to start the season. He's already better than Lindstrom who's been penciled into the RD #5/6 slot & deservedly so.

Same for Zadina, he belongs in DET from day 1. I expect Ras is 50/50 to start, Svech 50% KHL loan/50% DET. I'm wondering where Veleno & Ras will play if they don't start in Det? In Veleno's case, he needs more development & the latest report doesn't include him going w/Zadina to Czech Repub.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
one of the things i agreed with holland on was keeping prospects down in ahl a long time . i agree that seider could come up and be the 2nd best dman in detroit after hronek next season , then eventually our #1 . but i prefer to let him physically and technique wise develop at least another half season in gr as detroits going to have another down season anyway so a few extra wins means nothing . just have to sign 2 or 3 short term ufa dmen for next season

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
my ideal, for whatever we can make of it.

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Mantha
Zadina - Fabbri - Rasmussen (might as well)
Svechnikov - Filppula - Gagner (might as well, 1y only)
Helm / Abby / Glendening / Frans / Erne / Ehn / Timashov / Gio Smith

Dekeyser - Hronek
Nemeth - Seider
Bowey / Biega / Lindstrom / Hicketts

Bernier
Howard (might as well)

looking at this year and next year's UFA class.. we're going to be in dire need to building from within.

Personally, if given a shot, i think the most pleasant underrated surprise could be Lindstrom next year. kid looked pretty solid at the end there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->