brock hughes007

Sep 12, 2019
victoria
funny was checking out our line up and found these 2 on our team
Screenshot_20200916-220650_Google.jpg

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
If we somehow convince Guerin to take on two centers named Gaudette and Sutter in a Dumba trade, I will cry then laugh.

Who knows? Guerin has made a few ?? moves

Skirbs1011

May 18, 2015
Personally, I feel a Boeser for Dumba deal is a robbing Peter to pay Paul scenario and doesn't make much sense for us.

I feel keeping Boeser and signing Demelo would put us further ahead then only having Dumba.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Imagine if we get Dumba for Sutter lol.

it really makes no sense. i am not even sure that sutter works. he's only got a year to go with dumba under contract for three years and our big elcs are up next season.

i think if they wanted gaudette they'd also have to take eriksson for the cap to more or less work.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
I mean, while we are at it, we should ask if they want Eriksson, you never know....

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Personally, I feel a Boeser for Dumba deal is a robbing Peter to pay Paul scenario and doesn't make much sense for us.

I feel keeping Boeser and signing Demelo would put us further ahead then only having Dumba.
Boeser is not getting traded...He's an integral part of the core players...I don't see Benning moving him.

Reactions: Levch

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
If the Wild are shopping Dumba you can bet Brackett is integral in aquiring Gaudette. He has 2C potential and even though many of you believe he's not much of a piece he is an improving asset who can put up 50-60pts in his prime in the right situations. Coupled with Virtanen should be enough to get close to a deal.
Its crazy to me how AG is being glossed over here as if his current season of 33 pts is his ceiling. Kid is super skilled a late bloomer, driven and will iron out his deficiencies and add some size.
We finally get a 3rd line that can score and after 1 first tough playoffs people are willing to cap some of our players potential.
This situation is a reminder of the Richards for Kesler Edler ++ one that Nonis had in front of him.
I'm not saying it's a deal i wouldn't do because Dumba is a fine player with lots of tread on his tires but it's something we have to think about.
Trading Boeser for Dumba would be idiotic. I wouldn't even entertain that at all.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Yeah I can’t see Minnesota interested in anyone except Boeser if it’s Dumba traded.
They are going to want a game breaker back and Gaudette etc won’t be as good as what other teams can offer. I’m not in favour of trading Boeser though given that the team finally has a good top 6.
This offseason should be about moving out some useless cap deals and then look at a D next off season.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
& wild wont

I know many in your own fanbase have already told you this but stop talking like you know what the Wild will or won't do. If anyone had proposed Staal for Johansson you would've been the first to make post after post on every forum where it was mentioned that the Wild wouldn't do that. 1) Minnesota is somewhat unpredictable atm and 2) you are in the Canucks fantasy GM thread....

Reactions: rypper

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
just to update the list of right side dmen potentially available right now since i missed a few yesterday. i don't think minnesota can make a valuable market for dumba unless they are offering to take back salary. there are too many other options who need homes. dumba is an attractive young piece, but there are only so many teams looking and a lot of other ways to go and many of these guys are going to have to settle for a lot less than dumba's cap hit. i think this also puts stecher in a tight spot and tanev somewhat also.

pietrangelo ufa
vatanen ufa
tanev ufa
barrie ufa
schultz ufa
shattenkirk ufa
brodie ufa (shoots left but plays right side)
hamonic ufa
dumba (strong rumours)
ekblad (rumours)
letang (rumours)

montour rfa/rumours won't be qualified
ceci ufa
weegar (rfa/rumours)
pysyk ufa
braun ufa
byfuglien ??

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
I honestly think a Gaudette and Virtanen deal can get it done...... above all else they are cost controlled and oozing with potential

Maybe another GM can make a better offer but those two are a strong offer as far as I’m concerned, Dumba is good but he isn’t great

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Dhaliwal and Shah both this morning saying the Canucks have not offered Boeser/shopped him at all in any potential trade discussions, with Minnesota or otherwise. Thank heavens for that.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
I've compiled a list of right-side defensemen I would trade Brock Boeser for (obviously exempting untouchable guys like Makar, etc):

Brett Pesce
Colton Parayko
Aaron Ekblad
Seth Jones
Dougie Hamilton, with the caveat that they can agree to extension.

That's...pretty much it. Just missing the cut is John Klingberg, who's a little too old and has 2 years left.

just to update the list of right side dmen potentially available right now since i missed a few yesterday. i don't think minnesota can make a valuable market for dumba unless they are offering to take back salary. there are too many other options who need homes. dumba is an attractive young piece, but there are only so many teams looking and a lot of other ways to go and many of these guys are going to have to settle for a lot less than dumba's cap hit. i think this also puts stecher in a tight spot and tanev somewhat also.

pietrangelo ufa
vatanen ufa
tanev ufa
barrie ufa
schultz ufa
shattenkirk ufa
brodie ufa (shoots left but plays right side)
hamonic ufa
dumba (strong rumours)
ekblad (rumours)
letang (rumours)

montour rfa/rumours won't be qualified
ceci ufa
weegar (rfa/rumours)
pysyk ufa
braun ufa
byfuglien ??

Good list.

If Weegar goes unqualified, I'd hope the Canucks are all over that. He's my #1 target for this blueline - could play top pairing right-side minutes, at a decent salary, for a half-decade or more.

Pysyk and Braun make sense as 1-year stopgaps with low salary (I'd add Tim Heed to that list too).

I like Montour but he's not a good fit for Vancouver. Pure offense guy.

Last edited:
Reactions: lindgren

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Unless they're just absolutely selling low on Dumba I can't see Gaudette being enough for the C they want.

Gaudette + Podkolzin doesn't seem like a deal they'd be after either, you generally don't want move one great asset for a collection of smaller pieces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->