Confirmed Signing with Link: 2020 Prospect Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com

The Toronto AHL/ECHL factory continues on. Rubins signed an AHL deal in 2018, playing 56 games with Newfoundland that year, graduating to 47 games with the Marlies of the AHL this year, now onto an NHL ELC.

The next players I think that the Leafs could look at converting to NHL deal could be Tanner MacMaster (30 points in 56 AHL games this year) or Hudson Elynuik (53 AHL games this past season for the former Canes 3rd rounder), but I'd wager they try to get both to sign new AHL deals.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
I hope they sign the both of them and Justin Brazeau to nhl deals.
Per Booba's great AHL thread, Brazeau has another year on his AHL deal. I'd wager the Leafs will get him some more AHL time next season and make a decision on an NHL deal next summer. Unless another team expresses NHL interest this summer, but I think there is a right of first refusal for the team that signed him to the AHL deal. At least that's been my understanding of it.

Reactions: uncleben

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Per Booba's great AHL thread, Brazeau has another year on his AHL deal. I'd wager the Leafs will get him some more AHL time next season and make a decision on an NHL deal next summer. Unless another team expresses NHL interest this summer, but I think there is a right of first refusal for the team that signed him to the AHL deal. At least that's been my understanding of it.
Think its more of a courtesy thing, you dont have to ask but usually you do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->