Confirmed Signing with Link: 2020 Prospect Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
What about his game has made you a big fan of him?
Let me preface this for the apology on the rambling. Bolded the more relevant parts.

He's a strong, sturdy player, with pretty good smarts. Pretty good in hands if he can get in close too.

Had quite a bit of predraft hype, top prospect talk, and was like the best player on every team he was on... until he ended up on teams with Keller and Matthews where he was put into support roles and his offense dipped and kinda lost the hunger as his peers caught up and surpassed him. There was a lot of talk he should've gone to the WHL for his draft season to kind of get out of that, and maybe he should have, but he ended breaking his leg
'm still shocked he went undrafted, personally. He broke his leg headed into his draft year and decided to go to college instead of major juniors, so that he'd have a fall-back.
All things considered, decent showing as a freshman in college, but didn't get drafted. Nor as an overager, despite a really strong season, and then as late-birthday North American, he had that short draft window, so he was two and done.

But he stuck it out, and he's ramped it back up, and not only regained that hunger and drive, but became a leader for the Spartans, especially after Hirose left. Tweaked his game to be more of an all-around/all-scenarios player.

The tradeoff for his vision and sturdiness is that his skating is only okay.
Done a lot of work at C, but wouldn't be surprised to see him play W in the pros.
Give him some time in the minors also.

He probably won't be a top 6 star, but when you talk about a modern depth player, a player that can be physical and engaged, but still be a contributor and not a liability, I think he fits that mold.

I have no delusion of being a scout :laugh: but he's one of those few players that have stuck with me, and I've actually kind followed his career. Really surprised he didn't get drafted, at the very least take a risk, but the trio of Hirose-Khodorenko-Lewandowski, imo, played each other into pro contracts.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Let me preface this for the apology on the rambling. Bolded the more relevant parts.

He's a strong, sturdy player, with pretty good smarts. Pretty good in hands if he can get in close too.

Had quite a bit of predraft hype, top prospect talk, and was like the best player on every team he was on... until he ended up on teams with Keller and Matthews where he was put into support roles and his offense dipped and kinda lost the hunger as his peers caught up and surpassed him. There was a lot of talk he should've gone to the WHL for his draft season to kind of get out of that, and maybe he should have, but he ended breaking his leg
'm still shocked he went undrafted, personally. He broke his leg headed into his draft year and decided to go to college instead of major juniors, so that he'd have a fall-back.
All things considered, decent showing as a freshman in college, but didn't get drafted. Nor as an overager, despite a really strong season, and then as late-birthday North American, he had that short draft window, so he was two and done.

But he stuck it out, and he's ramped it back up, and not only regained that hunger and drive, but became a leader for the Spartans, especially after Hirose left. Tweaked his game to be more of an all-around/all-scenarios player.

Done a lot of work at C, but wouldn't be surprised to see him play W in the pros.

He probably won't be a top 6 star, but when you talk about a modern depth player, a player that can be physical and engaged, but still be a contributor and not a liability, I think he fits that mold.

I have no delusion of being a scout :laugh: but he's one of those few players that have stuck with me, and I've actually kind followed his career. Really surprised he didn't get drafted, at the very least take a risk, but the trio of Hirose-Khodorenko-Lewandowski, imo, played each other into pro contracts.

has Mitch Lewandowski been signed yet? could the Rangers also look at his linemate, or does he have an AHL or NHL contract somewhere? it would be nice to get a few players familiar with each other like the Rangers have with Fox and Lindgren.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
has Mitch Lewandowski been signed yet? could the Rangers also look at his linemate, or does he have an AHL or NHL contract somewhere? it would be nice to get a few players familiar with each other like the Rangers have with Fox and Lindgren.
No contract yet. He's a small guy, and has another year left of NCAA eligibility. I think it will be crucial to see how he steps up without Hirose or Khoderenko (maybe alongside Nic Muller)

But, on the note of familiarity, Khodorenko is familiar with both Fox and Lindgren from USNTDP

Last edited:
Reactions: RangersFan1994

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth

Thanks!....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad