2020 Playoffs

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
I was happy to see Vancouver win tonight. Of those 2 teams, I would much rather play the Canucks even though they are more talented than the Wild. We seem to have trouble beating Minny for some reason. They are a more cagey, veteran team and I'd rather take my chances against the youth.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
The Panthers are bad all around. Any chance we could poach Barkov from them the next season or two? Apparently looking to lower costs. We would need a good package going the other way of course. Do we have the cheap young pieces or prospects/picks to get it done?

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
The Panthers are bad all around. Any chance we could poach Barkov from them the next season or two? Apparently looking to lower costs. We would need a good package going the other way of course. Do we have the cheap young pieces or prospects/picks to get it done?
Barkov's at a 5.9m contract, he's the last guy they move, but if they think they need to move him they have to do it now.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Barkov's at a 5.9m contract, he's the last guy they move, but if they think they need to move him they have to do it now.

Yeah, isn't he due a huge raise in two seasons? They have a lot of issues and I think it takes them at least two seasons to sort itself out and they would be playing with fire he could walk for nothing or a lower package as a rental if he wanted to test free agency.

The thought of Barkov and Karlsson down the middle is incredibly enticing.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Barkov would be nice, but i don't want to give up the pieces that would be required to get him.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Should the Knights have kept Suzukki and got rid of Glass instead?

Suzukki has been great so far.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

I didn't like the trade at the time and I still don't despite the very good player we got. I wouldn't want to trade Glass though.

I'd rather they gave Tatar a shot (don't forget about him, he's kept up pace with Pacioretty's production himself and Mark Stone isn't playing with him) Suzuki, the 2nd and 1.25M extra cap space.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nighthock

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky

Hard to say since Suzuki would have just been left in the AHL had he developed in the VGK system. Glass looks like a bust at this point but it's way to soon to call.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I didn't like the trade at the time and I still don't despite the very good player we got. I wouldn't want to trade Glass though.

I'd rather they gave Tatar a shot (don't forget about him, he's kept up pace with Pacioretty's production himself and Mark Stone isn't playing with him) Suzuki, the 2nd and 1.25M extra cap space.
idk what this has to do with this season, Patches has been as good away from Stone as he has been with Stone.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Suzuki would have been traded for Stone at the deadline anyway.

Vegas lucked into another great young C in 2019, so the hockey gods were looking out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad