Boston Bruins 2020 PLAYOFFS - THE BEAR invades the Toronto bubble

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
I’d like to see Clifton get a game in just so he can play one. They’ll need him at some point.

Kase too for that matter though to a lesser extent. Maybe not though based on how Some of the other forwards have played I guess

Reactions: Estlin

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
We cannot catch a break... No Bergy or Krech... both lines need to get going and the C's can't practice. f*** 2020. Hopefully they are on the ice tomorrow. Really curious what's ailing Bergy after 4 months off...

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
We cannot catch a break... No Bergy or Krech... both lines need to get going and the C's can't practice. f*** 2020. Hopefully they are on the ice tomorrow. Really curious what's ailing Bergy after 4 months off...

If they're hurt so soon its very concerning, as this is becoming more frequent for both.
Time for Coyle to step it up with results. Zero points/-2 so far not good enough for a big skilled 28 year old who soon might find himself moved up the lineup.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Carolina for sure would be a lot more difficult opponent this time.

Svec is a true 1st line player instead of a rookie, added more quality on defense, Aho has more experience now and they are fresh.

That defense is insanely deep and with Aho/Svec/TT there’s star power on offense as well.

As mentioned previously goaltending is their weakness.

Top4 team in the East
They are a good team but their goalies will do them in I think.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto

It's definitely concerning. That they may be nursing injuries is not the ONLY possible explanation, but it seems the most reasonable conclusion.

Reactions: TwineTickler

prizminferno

Feb 14, 2019
Isles fans are petrified of us for a reason(check their who to play thread). It's our best match up which seemed impossible to happen at the playoff start. If TB/WSH end up 1/4 it's also a dream scenario (forcing them to play before ECF)

We are somehow walking into the god scenario

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Bruce has been saying he might bench players all along and this game is now meaningless with us out of the top two seeds.

Play Frederic against Washington. Good idea. Ritchie as well. Washington is even more physical than Tampa.

Reactions: Mione134

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Bruce has been saying he might bench players all along and this game is now meaningless with us out of the top two seeds.

Play Frederic against Washington. Good idea. Ritchie as well. Washington is even more physical than Tampa.
I don't think the game is meaningless, the difference between playing Carolina and Long Island is significant. I think it's worth trying to win.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Tomorrow's Bolts/Flyers game is going to be intense, because the winner gets Montreal and the loser gets Columbus. That's a biiiiiiiiiig difference.

8thRoundPick

Sep 19, 2007
Sudbury
I don't think the game is meaningless, the difference between playing Carolina and Long Island is significant. I think it's worth trying to win.
What I've seen from both the Isles and the Canes this qualifying round is very close, IMO. They both play a pretty sound but not otherworldly defense, their goalies have been OK but not lights out, and both offenses have been incredible with superstar talent leading the way. If our defense and goaltending doesn't sharpen up, we're going to be in for a rude awakening.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
What I've seen from both the Isles and the Canes this qualifying round is very close, IMO. They both play a pretty sound but not otherworldly defense, their goalies have been OK but not lights out, and both offenses have been incredible with superstar talent leading the way. If our defense and goaltending doesn't sharpen up, we're going to be in for a rude awakening.

I'm quite scared of Canes but they have some exploitable weaknesses too. I dont know them, but I sure hope Cassidy does.
Gotta remember that Florida looked really bad and lazy, and Rangers took 1000 penalties a game and their stars never showed up. Deangelo for example was -4 in the last game.

Our faith could be the same as Rangers, if our stars dont show up. But they will. Sooner or later.

8thRoundPick

Sep 19, 2007
Sudbury
Yes but we're also 9-1 against them in last 10. We can deal with them.
Agreed, we've had both their numbers the past few years. On paper, it's not even close - we crush either team. Unfortunately, guys like Barzal/Beauvillier and Aho/Teravainen scare me - they have the ability right now to just flat out dominate out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad