2020 Playoffs - Potential 24 team tournament - can Habs make a run? Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
They make up for it with true elite talent.
By finishing below the Habs and once again bottom 10? Ya they are really making up for it.

He scored 40 goals the year before and was always a pretty good goal scorer. Their is a chance he bounce back, in 2014-2015 he had a worse season than this year. His contract is really bad, but we have bad contracts too, with two old players signed for close to 18m/year. A borderline 35 years old top-d with 6 years left in his contract and a goalie with bad save % two times the last 3 years.
Weber and Price are not great players anymore. Price was outproduced the last two seasons by Darcy Kuemper who makes 7M less.
And he was a sub 50 point player the year before. Weber and Price are most definitely great players. Weber is still a top 2 D at the very worst and Price is a top 10 goalie. It's not even close.

Why are you comparing Drouin to Gomez ? We traded McDonagh for an over the hill Gomez. I never said that Sergy will be a #1D, I said that we gave a young defenceman with a ton of potential for Drouin. So one #1D and a top-4D with potential to be more for a finished #2C and a 50-point winger. That's really bad too.

Let's not forget that MB refused to trade Poehling+ something for ROR...
I thought you were comparing the Drouin trade to the Gomez trade, my bad. I have no idea why you are even brining up the McDonagh trade. That happened in 2009... Why not bring up bad trades from the 60s too? What's the relevance?

So a 2nd line winger for a top 4 dman with more potential
vs
A #1 center Selke and Conn Smythe Winning Stanley Cup Champion for a late 1st, 2nd and 2 awful cap dumps.

Are you seriously trying to tell me that these are even remotely close?

We got nothing for DLR and after 13 points in 76 games (worse stats than with us) with the Wings, Yzerman flipped him for an a young offensive player. At least Sabres got something for Scandella.
You are all over the place and making up your own timeline my friend. You can't compare getting embarrassed 3 months after making a move compared to a whole year after for a player that has suffered numerous major injuries and played like crap the year before. Fabbri was pretty much an AHLer last year. If Bergevin waived DLR, Detroit picked them up and then traded him for Fabbri like 3 months later and he took off, then sure, it's equally as embarrassing. Things change over a year, and in no way was Fabbri worth more than a 2nd at the time of the trade.
I guess the grass is always greener on the other side.

I don't think we are in a good place to call out other teams, especially after we lost 4 games this season to the Red Wings.

We are pretty much as bad as them in the last 5 years, we won one round they won zero, but to compensate they had the chance to draft Eichel and Dahlin.
I never said we are in a position to make fun of other teams, but the Sabres have been an embarrassment for a decade. We also beat the Stanley Cup Champions in both matchups this year.
What's the point of drafting elite talent when they get pissed off and want out after sucking forever?

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
By finishing below the Habs and once again bottom 10? Ya they are really making up for it.

It changes nothing that they finished below the Habs. The goal is to have a competitive team in order to win the Stanley cup and so far both teams sucks. One of them has elite talent, the hardest pieces to get in order to build a winning team.

And he was a sub 50 point player the year before. Weber and Price are most definitely great players. Weber is still a top 2 D at the very worst and Price is a top 10 goalie. It's not even close.

Price and Weber are not great anymore and their contracts are bad, not as bad as Skinner's. My initial point was to show you that we also have bad contracts.

I thought you were comparing the Drouin trade to the Gomez trade, my bad. I have no idea why you are even brining up the McDonagh trade. That happened in 2009... Why not bring up bad trades from the 60s too? What's the relevance?
So a 2nd line winger for a top 4 dman with more potential
vs
A #1 center Selke and Conn Smythe Winning Stanley Cup Champion for a late 1st, 2nd and 2 awful cap dumps.

Are you seriously trying to tell me that these are even remotely close?

You talked about 10 years of misery for the Sabres, so I talked about a trade that happened 10 years ago... You started talking about a decade "suckiness" to end only with Eichel and Dahlin.
A #1D and a top-4 D with potential for a cap dump in Gomez and a 50-point winger vs #1C Selke for a 1st, a 2nd, a shity prospect and two cap dumps.
I think it's worse for the Habs.

You are all over the place and making up your own timeline my friend. You can't compare getting embarrassed 3 months after making a move compared to a whole year after for a player that has suffered numerous major injuries and played like crap the year before. Fabbri was pretty much an AHLer last year. If Bergevin waived DLR, Detroit picked them up and then traded him for Fabbri like 3 months later and he took off, then sure, it's equally as embarrassing. Things change over a year, and in no way was Fabbri worth more than a 2nd at the time of the trade.

When their GM traded Scandella, the best he could get was probably a 4th. You think he refused a 2nd round pick ? So if you can't compare a trade one year and a half later, you can't compare a trade 3 months later either. Like you said, things changed. Scandella played better with the Habs and our GM had an offer from the Blues.

I never said we are in a position to make fun of other teams, but the Sabres have been an embarrassment for a decade. We also beat the Stanley Cup Champions in both matchups this year.
What's the point of drafting elite talent when they get pissed off and want out after sucking forever?

The point is at least the fans can watch some great talent and flash of greatness. What is the point of sucking if you are not even rewarded for it with elite players ?

Sabres have bad contracts, they made bad trades, their locker room is viewed as a toxic space... All this is/was true for the Habs too. It's not as bad as in Buffalo, but we have/had the same problem as them. But they have one thing that we don't have.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
At least we won't hear the canon if

I have heard that name before and that Bettman owed the Habs due to that, what happened?

- John Scott is an enforcer 6"8
- he was voted to go to all star game (voted by the fans as a joke an succeeded)
- the Habs traded for him and buried him in the minor because the NHL was pressuring him to not play. Players in the minors aren't eligible to play the all-star game.
- at the end John Scott played and was the captain and MVP of the game.

For the fans . It's a great memory

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
If we win the play-in and pick 16th, do we also pick 16th in the 2nd round or do we still get the 8th pick?

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Les joueurs de la LNH sont sérieusement endettés | Coronavirus

For you frenchies, interesting article about the players being in debt to the owners and both parties desperate to make the playoffs to pay off the debt.
For you anglophones, I translated the article in the business of hockey thread.

What a weak example at the beginning. A big part of that amount is already in escrow, something which Leclerc never mentions, probably looking for shock value. Players have several hundred million in escrow waiting for end of contract year to be resolved.

The article and especially the example at the start is indeed sensationalistic. It completely disregards the fact they are not employes. They're contracted agents in a partnership agreement. That partnership entails a split in revenues, so it's normal that if they're already given a disproportionate share of those revenues beforehand and the total revenues end-up being less than expected, the sharing needs to be balanced. Oooooooh big shock!

No wonder he was one of the two guys behind the infamous "worst day in Habs history" a witchhunt aimed as a vengeance to Gainey's refusal of media entry on team flights.

Tu es un moron, Martin and I very much hope you read this

Reactions: montreal and barbu

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
It changes nothing that they finished below the Habs. The goal is to have a competitive team in order to win the Stanley cup and so far both teams sucks. One of them has elite talent, the hardest pieces to get in order to build a winning team.
It absolutely means something. It means that their elite talent can't even make up to be better than the crappy Habs which is what you said they can do(and it's wrong). At the very least the Habs aren't a bottom 10 team for a decade with 2 elite players to show for it. The only way they got their elite pieces is because they fell to their lap which is still not enough. So the only 2 elite players is because of no brainer moves, which has done nothing for them so far.

Price and Weber are not great anymore and their contracts are bad, not as bad as Skinner's. My initial point was to show you that we also have bad contracts.
Price and Weber are absolutely great players. There aren't 40ish dmen better than Weber and Price is without a doubt a top 10 goalie. Skinner was atrocious last year and is getting paid 1 million less than Price, and was a 2nd line player for the majority of his career. It's not even in the same planet in terms of bad contracts. Price's contract is bad, but Skinners is EXTREMELY bad.

You talked about 10 years of misery for the Sabres, so I talked about a trade that happened 10 years ago...
But why? There is no relevance to that. You don't see me bringing up bad moves by the Sabres for over a decade ago... You are just randomly bringing up stuff that makes no sense and has no meaning to what we are discussing.

You started talking about a decade "suckiness" to end only with Eichel and Dahlin.
A #1D and a top-4 D with potential for a cap dump in Gomez and a 50-point winger vs #1C Selke for a 1st, a 2nd, a shity prospect and two cap dumps.
I think it's worse for the Habs.
The Gomez trade is extremely random and holds no meaning here. Sergachev trade was recent, ROR trade was just last year. The fact that the only argument you have is to bring up a trade that was over a decade ago confirms that there is no comparison to be made.

When their GM traded Scandella, the best he could get was probably a 4th. You think he refused a 2nd round pick ? So if you can't compare a trade one year and a half later, you can't compare a trade 3 months later either. Like you said, things changed. Scandella played better with the Habs and our GM had an offer from the Blues.
Well if you look at it that way, no GM should ever get criticized for any trade since they "probably" got the best they could. I don't think he outright refused a 2nd round pick, but every single person knew that they sold him very cheap. Take a look at the Sabres board at the time of the trade, they were underwhelmed and one poster expected a 2nd from a playoff team. Scandella also had twice the PPG in Buffalo this year then here, he didn't really play better. The Habs retained on him which was a huge difference, but the Sabres wanted Frolik instead of doing the same. Terrible and stupid asset management by the Sabres. BTW, Robby Fabbri was scratched 8 games in his last 9 as a Blues player. Not exactly a surefire good player that everyone wanted. The 2nd was worth more than Fabbri at the time of the trade.

The point is at least the fans can watch some great talent and flash of greatness. What is the point of sucking if you are not even rewarded for it with elite players ?
What's the point of sucking for a decade and only have 2 elite talents? Before the Habs sucked, they were a good team and made the conference finals twice with an elite player in Price(top 5), Subban(2nd round) and a very good player in Pacioretty(early 20s 1st). Their own 3rd overall pick was Bustchenyuk who looks to be out of the league soon and was far from an elite talent to help them the way Eichel and Dahlin. I'd rather have that than 10 years of misery and only have 2 players to show for it and still can't beat a team with no elite players.What flash of greatness? They are miserable over there, I encourage you to take a look before assuming it's all sunshine and rainbows. Here's a video to which all of them wholeheartedly agree with.

When you can't build a playoff team around Eichel and Dahlin, you are in an awful position. It's not as easy to fix as you claim because they wouldn't be bottom 10 for like a decade.
But they have one thing that we don't have.
We also have one thing that they don't. Substantially better depth, and it shows that when we rank ahead of them in pretty much every year for the past decade.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
It absolutely means something. It means that their elite talent can't even make up to be better than the crappy Habs which is what you said they can do(and it's wrong). At the very least the Habs aren't a bottom 10 team for a decade with 2 elite players to show for it. The only way they got their elite pieces is because they fell to their lap which is still not enough. So the only 2 elite players is because of no brainer moves, which has done nothing for them so far.

I meant in term of overall quality and future. Our best players are old, their best players are not even in their prime. That's the reason why I take their team instead of the one we have now. It's easier to build around Eichel, Dahlin and some other good players, than add the elite players that the Habs need.

What the Habs have done since MB added character, leadership and traded our only elite skater ? Besides looking pathetic against the rangers. I'll rather suck like them and have a better percentage to draft an elite player than make the playoffs with a crappy team knowing that we stand no chance.

Twenty-six years of hope for the best, once we make the playoffs everything can happen. So far we are at the same level, no Stanley cup.

Price and Weber are absolutely great players. There aren't 40ish dmen better than Weber and Price is without a doubt a top 10 goalie. Skinner was atrocious last year and is getting paid 1 million less than Price, and was a 2nd line player for the majority of his career. It's not even in the same planet in terms of bad contracts. Price's contract is bad, but Skinners is EXTREMELY bad.

Price and Weber are not great anymore. Malkin, Crosby, McDavid, Draisatl, Eichel, Matthews, Pastarnak these players are great.

Yes Skinner's contract is way worse, but Price and Weber contracts are bad. Like I said before, my point was not to show you that we are worse than them, but that we have the same problems too.

But why? There is no relevance to that. You don't see me bringing up bad moves by the Sabres for over a decade ago... You are just randomly bringing up stuff that makes no sense and has no meaning to what we are discussing.

The Gomez trade is extremely random and holds no meaning here. Sergachev trade was recent, ROR trade was just last year. The fact that the only argument you have is to bring up a trade that was over a decade ago confirms that there is no comparison to be made.

You previously included the last 10 years, when you said that they sucked for 10 years, that's the only reason I used a trade from 10 years ago ? Recently we have no trade as bad.

Well if you look at it that way, no GM should ever get criticized for any trade since they "probably" got the best they could. I don't think he outright refused a 2nd round pick, but every single person knew that they sold him very cheap. Take a look at the Sabres board at the time of the trade, they were underwhelmed and one poster expected a 2nd from a playoff team. Scandella also had twice the PPG in Buffalo this year then here, he didn't really play better. The Habs retained on him which was a huge difference, but the Sabres wanted Frolik instead of doing the same. Terrible and stupid asset management by the Sabres. BTW, Robby Fabbri was scratched 8 games in his last 9 as a Blues player. Not exactly a surefire good player that everyone wanted. The 2nd was worth more than Fabbri at the time of the trade.

When we acquired Scandella, Habs fans were not thrilled, the most recurrent comment was "why not, we have nothing to lose".
Nobody (in his right mind) expected a 2nd for Scandella, the market was surprisingly high, you can't blame the GM for not predicting that. They needed space to add some forward depth, so he traded the most movable depth d-man.

Bad asset management, Habs too are victims of these.

DLR is a 4th liner at best, Red Wings turned a reject into a young player who can score around 50 points per season... We had to give a young D-man man full of potential to get a similar player.

What's the point of sucking for a decade and only have 2 elite talents? Before the Habs sucked, they were a good team and made the conference finals twice with an elite player in Price(top 5), Subban(2nd round) and a very good player in Pacioretty(early 20s 1st). Their own 3rd overall pick was Bustchenyuk who looks to be out of the league soon and was far from an elite talent to help them the way Eichel and Dahlin. I'd rather have that than 10 years of misery and only have 2 players to show for it and still can't beat a team with no elite players.What flash of greatness? They are miserable over there, I encourage you to take a look before assuming it's all sunshine and rainbows. Here's a video to which all of them wholeheartedly agree with.

When you can't build a playoff team around Eichel and Dahlin, you are in an awful position. It's not as easy to fix as you claim because they wouldn't be bottom 10 for like a decade.

We also have one thing that they don't. Substantially better depth, and it shows that when we rank ahead of them in pretty much every year for the past decade.

It's easier to add depth than elite players, we are looking for a #1C since Damphousse.

Now my turn to play that game.

-This team treated their best players like worthless bums, Subban, Radulov and Markov.

-4 years of misery and not a single elite player or not even a great one. When we draft one, we do our best to f*** his developement.

-We are represented by a GM who can't speak properly in French nor in English.

-I can't remember the last time we had a #1C.

-Our last PPG player was Kovalev, more than a decade ago.

-The last good player we drafted and developed is Gally, a decade ago.

-Last year a player finally cracked the 70-point mark, the first one in a decade and, of course, to reward him we give him a rookie and a scrub on his wings the following season.

-We lost our whole LD during the same summer and since then we are in deep trouble.

-Our GM refused to trade Poehling + a meaningless piece for ROR. That's unpardonable, knowing that we are looking for a #1C since forever.

-Our GM can't trade for the players we lack, refuse to commit to a rebuild, can't sign UFA players. How this team can improve ?

We are better than them, but for how long ? Petry, Tatar, Gally and Danault need new contracts, at least one of them will be overpaid.

The future is not bright and we have no elite player, even though we sucked and drafted in the top-1o twice in the previous 5 years.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Just finished reading Elliotte Friedman's 31 thoughts article from a couple of days ago. I'd like to know how that one suggestion, I bolded in the quote from the article below, was gonna work for the Habs?

Since the Habs were 10 points out of a playoff spot (likely 11 points with tiebreakers involved) how was them playing 3 games to get the final reg season standings gonna get the Habs into a playoff spot if they were 10-11 points back? :dunno:

4. A few sources hinted at a “Carolina plan” setting up the playoffs. The Hurricanes politely declined to share a copy of what was proposed, but I’ve asked around and got two different ideas. Some of it was submitted directly by the team to the league, some of it via players through the union.
One suggestion: Instead of a play-in round, weight the 12 teams in each conference by the percentage chance they had to make the final 16. Each team would then play three games, leading to the “final” regular-season standings. Therefore, instead of Chicago and Montreal getting closer to a 50 per cent chance of making the playoffs, their odds would remain at three per cent and 0.1 per cent, respectively.
A second suggestion was to force their play-in opponent, the Rangers, to win four of the five games. If Carolina won twice in that scenario, the series would have been over and the Hurricanes would have automatically advanced. Both proposals were rejected.

Oops. Forgot to add the link to the entire 31 thoughts article.

31 Thoughts: Fun week, but high hurdles remain for NHL resumption - Sportsnet.ca

Reactions: Gravity

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
You previously included the last 10 years, when you said that they sucked for 10 years, that's the only reason I used a trade from 10 years ago ? Recently we have no trade as bad.
I was pretty clearly talking about overall team performances, not cherrypicking a trade that happened over 10 years ago. "Recently we have no trade as bad" is the whole point, Botts is a f***ing moron and their owner is a bigger clown than Molson.

When we acquired Scandella, Habs fans were not thrilled, the most recurrent comment was "why not, we have nothing to lose".
Nobody (in his right mind) expected a 2nd for Scandella, the market was surprisingly high, you can't blame the GM for not predicting that. They needed space to add some forward depth, so he traded the most movable depth d-man.
Habs fans are never thrilled about anything nowadays. However, a decent amount of posters did say that it would be great if we could flip him for more at the deadline.

You are wrong. Check out the thread. Confirmed with Link: - Scandella traded to Montreal for SJ 4th
"Seems like not enough. I thought he'd fetch a 2nd from a playoff team."
"Crap trade. Crap organization."

And most importantly:
"It's a dump to make room. Plain and simple. This should have been a trade deadline move. Botterill didn't maximize value here. I don't have a reason why he didn't."
I mean their own fans even predicted this, there is no defending Botts whatsoever.

Value of: - Marco Scandella at the deadline.
"Scandella s price is a playoff teams 2nd."
To which someone replied:
"Yeah, and some team will definitely do that. He is a good player."
I already told you that Scandella was not better in Montreal, Botts is a moron. Plain and simple.
DLR is a 4th liner at best, Red Wings turned a reject into a young player who can score around 50 points per season... We had to give a young D-man man full of potential to get a similar player.
For the fifth time, Fabbri was a healthy scratch and was pretty much an AHL player last year who suffered major injuries. Please stop pretending like he was some known surefire 2nd line player that everyone wanted. I don't know why you keep dodging that. He also has 6 points in 2020, it could very easily just be a hot start. He's never even come close to a 50 point player.

It's easier to add depth than elite players, we are looking for a #1C since Damphousse.
It's nowhere near as easy as you believe. Otherwise, the Sabres and Oilers would be contenders. Draisaitl and McDavid were 2 of the most productive players in the league last year and they still finished bottom 10.

-4 years of misery and not a single elite player or not even a great one. When we draft one, we do our best to f*** his developement.
You keep changing your definition of elite and great. Give your definition, because in 2016, Price was great, so was Weber and Radulov too.

-We are represented by a GM who can't speak properly in French nor in English.
Random and unimportant fact when it comes to comparing ourselves to the Sabres. There's an article calling Botts a moron for being happy with their cap situation when they never had cap situations.

-I can't remember the last time we had a #1C.
Can you remember the last time Buffalo had competent depth? Max Domi's 72 point year last year was pretty darn good and was #1 C production.

-The last good player we drafted is Gally and developed, a decade ago.
The only 2 elite players that Buffalo has to show for his Dahlin(1st overall) and Eichel(would have been 1st overall in any other year).

-Last year a player finally cracked the 70-point mark, the first one in a decade and, of course, to reward him we give him a rookie and a scrub on his wings the following season.
That's pretty much the EXACT same thing for the Sabres. Pominville was the last 70+ point player in 2011-2012 which was broken last year. You aren't even acknowledging the Sabres failures anymore.

-We lost our whole LD during the same summer and since then we are in deep trouble.
Buffalo still hasn't fixed this "easy" solution for a decade, they have been bottom 10 in pretty much every year.

I'm done with this. I don't know why you take your hate of MB to somewhere where that doesn't even belong. Brining up the way he talks and a trade that happened in 2009 confirms that you are grasping at straws. You have completely changed the discussion to just shitting on the Habs instead of making a valid comparison. You can have your own opinion and I'll have mine.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
I was pretty clearly talking about overall team performances, not cherrypicking a trade that happened over 10 years ago. "Recently we have no trade as bad" is the whole point, Botts is a f***ing moron and their owner is a bigger clown than Molson.

In reality, I don't care about Buffalo, I only tried to show you that we are not in a much better position. Our GM is a clown too, our owner is a moron too.

Habs fans are never thrilled about anything nowadays. However, a decent amount of posters did say that it would be great if we could flip him for more at the deadline.

You are wrong. Check out the thread. Confirmed with Link: - Scandella traded to Montreal for SJ 4th
"Seems like not enough. I thought he'd fetch a 2nd from a playoff team."
"Crap trade. Crap organization."

And most importantly:
"It's a dump to make room. Plain and simple. This should have been a trade deadline move. Botterill didn't maximize value here. I don't have a reason why he didn't."
I mean their own fans even predicted this, there is no defending Botts whatsoever.

Value of: - Marco Scandella at the deadline.
"Scandella s price is a playoff teams 2nd."
To which someone replied:
"Yeah, and some team will definitely do that. He is a good player."
I already told you that Scandella was not better in Montreal, Botts is a moron. Plain and simple.

Had the Habs traded a 2nd for Scandella we would all be mad. The only reason we got a 2nd for him was the crazy prices during that deadline.

For the fifth time, Fabbri was a healthy scratch and was pretty much an AHL player last year who suffered major injuries. Please stop pretending like he was some known surefire 2nd line player that everyone wanted. I don't know why you keep dodging that. He also has 6 points in 2020, it could very easily just be a hot start. He's never even come close to a 50 point player.

You don't compare trades like that, you compare them during the day of the trade and you compare their evolution in time... Today, DLR is a 4th liner and Fabbri is an offensive top-6 player, he was on pace for around 50 points twice in his young career.

It's nowhere near as easy as you believe. Otherwise, the Sabres and Oilers would be contenders. Draisaitl and McDavid were 2 of the most productive players in the league last year and they still finished bottom 10.

It's easier to trade for depth than for depth players, I don't know what you are arguing against here.

You keep changing your definition of elite and great. Give your definition, because in 2016, Price was great, so was Weber and Radulov too.

Price used to be an elite player. Weber used to be great, but he's not anymore. I did not change my definition.

Can you remember the last time Buffalo had competent depth? Max Domi's 72 point year last year was pretty darn good and was #1 C production.

He's not a #1C, our problem is not solved... Danault is still playing in front of him, with best wingers.

The only 2 elite players that Buffalo has to show for his Dahlin(1st overall) and Eichel(would have been 1st overall in any other year).

It's better than us and our total of zero elite players.

Buffalo still hasn't fixed this "easy" solution for a decade, they have been bottom 10 in pretty much every year.

And ? Elite players are rarely traded depth players are always available.

I'm done with this. I don't know why you take your hate of MB to somewhere where that doesn't even belong. Brining up the way he talks and a trade that happened in 2009 confirms that you are grasping at straws. You have completely changed the discussion to just shitting on the Habs instead of making a valid comparison. You can have your own opinion and I'll have mine.

Fine you have your opinion, I have mine.
Globally, we have the same problems as them. They have two elite players, we have the depth and old player past their prime, who used to be great if not elite.
We are better, but we still suck, neither team is close to winning anything. But buffalo have a top tier #1C and a young #1D...

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
“We will have a rigorous daily testing protocol where players are tested every evening and those results are obtained before they would leave their hotel rooms the next morning, so we’ll know if we have a positive test and whether the player has to self-quarantine himself as a result of that positive test,” Daly said. “It’s expensive, but we think it’s really a foundational element of what we’re trying to accomplish.”

NHL plans to test players for COVID-19 daily if games resume - Sportsnet.ca

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
24 Team play in, type of playoffs, just curious guys, does anyone know how much revenue can be generated by these teams, who will play in empty rinks? There would be TV revenue only at this point, have any of you guys heard how much?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Reactions: WeThreeKings

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I've stopped reading all hockey pundits since Covid destroyed everything.

No disrespect but if I had to read a sentence from any pundit that begins with "One suggestion:", I'll take one of the many interesting posts from the likes of @WeThreeKings instead.

Duly noted and apologies. I'll keep any Habs related news I read or hear from the media to myself from now on.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Duly noted and apologies. I'll keep any Habs related news I read or hear from the media to myself from now on.

Sry, didn't mean that way. Just stating a personal preference and state of mind. You have nothing to apologize for. I should have expanded a little more so my message would not have been misconstrued.

If you had asked me in January, I might have had an interest in what an insider has to say.

But now, I can't seem to be able to give them any attention.

Am I alone in this? I don't know. It's like my priorities have changed.

By all means, I did not mean in any manner to disrupt or demean -- I always enjoy reading you.

Just a state of mind thing -- I can't seem to be able to get into hockey as I was before. I'm too focused on all of us making it out of the pandemic safely and resuming a normal or more normal life.

Please carry on as you always have -- you always do a lot of groundwork that posters enjoy reading. Don't mind me.

Reactions: PhysicX and ArtPeur
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad