Prospect Info: 2020 OHL Prospects Report - New Jersey

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
haha i literally just posted that in a different thread. awesome tweets, i appreciate the info. bahl looks and plays like a biiiiiig boy

Reactions: Brock and My3Sons

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
What’s your thought on Hoelscher? I believe his rights are no longer owned by the Devils so understand why he wasn’t included. But does he have an NHL future? He seemed to have had a breakout year.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
What’s your thought on Hoelscher? I believe his rights are no longer owned by the Devils so understand why he wasn’t included. But does he have an NHL future? He seemed to have had a breakout year.

He was not signed by New Jersey, so they forfeited his rights. So you were correct about that being why he was not included.

I liked Hoelscher in his draft year. I still like him. He's the classic case of a kid who processes the game extremely well but who lacks the physical tools to be able to get the most out of that. Average skater. Average skill level. Average size. Yet he's effective as a two-way center because of how smart he is. If in this time off (because of the pandemic), he has been able to improve some of those physical tools by becoming more powerful (overall), he could have a big OA year and gain the attention of NHL scouts again. Otherwise, he'll just be another case of a classic "good junior player" but not more.

Reactions: StevenToddIves

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad