2020 OHL draft

Just admiring

Nov 2, 2019
So far the goalie pool isn't as strong this year as to others. Strong goalies seen so far were the nats one tender, from gthl. KJG has the top goalie dou in the province and seen them both play and I would probably agree. Admirals has a good tender as well. Still trying to watch more.

Wing the wong number

Jul 6, 2019
So far the goalie pool isn't as strong this year as to others. Strong goalies seen so far were the nats one tender, from gthl. KJG has the top goalie dou in the province and seen them both play and I would probably agree. Admirals has a good tender as well. Still trying to watch more.
KJG has top goalie in the Province? Not to be negative but I wouldn't think they had the top goalie in the Greater Kingston Area.

Just admiring

Nov 2, 2019
KJG has top goalie in the Province? Not to be negative but I wouldn't think they had the top goalie in the Greater Kingston Area.

I've seen both the goalies play in the titans and london tournament. I agree, definetly best goalie tandom. They are both solid. Not saying one is the tops but they are both are in the top 5 in the province. That is a nice feature to have on a team. I've never seen there league games , just to far away from them

Wing the wong number

Jul 6, 2019
KJG have an ok tandem. I have seen both play plenty but I wouldn't put them in the category of elite or top 5 in Ontairo. There are a few kids up North in the GTHL and HEO that in my opinion are better all rounded goaltenders. There is a particular goalie I've been watching that could be one of the top 6 goalies taken and isn't playing in the AAA loop.

foghorn

Nov 4, 2017
lets play...my ontario top 10 feel free to argue lol

ludwinski
fimis
wakley
lavoie
castle
guindon
moldenhauer
delic
nelson
castle

HM (not sure why but would flip them in with any of bottom 4 to me)
melee
george
goyette

Reactions: 1967th Heaven

buzzer beater

Oct 24, 2018
A lot of kids have stepped up their game compared to last season. On the other hand some are falling too

1- Fantilli
2- McGroarty *
3- Goyette
4- Nelson
5- Fimis
6- Wakely
7- Ludwinski
8- Casey *
9- Hutson *
10- Guindon

also very possible 1st rounders

Kaplan *
Castle
Gauthier
Delic
Duke *
McCoy
George
Leblanc
Christy
Konyen

Reactions: Birddog and Uncle

Wing the wong number

Jul 6, 2019
lets play...my ontario top 10 feel free to argue lol

ludwinski
fimis
wakley
lavoie
castle
guindon
moldenhauer
delic
nelson
castle

HM (not sure why but would flip them in with any of bottom 4 to me)
melee
george
goyette
I'm not sure if it's just me but I find lavoie quite selfish as a player and I have a hard time looking over that threw his talent

4 Bobby ORR

Nov 26, 2008
South Detroit
As it stands looking at the stats- this years goalie crop is nowhere close to the last years group. Anyone know who the top goalies are for this draft?

Just admiring

Nov 2, 2019
KJG have an ok tandem. I have seen both play plenty but I wouldn't put them in the category of elite or top 5 in Ontairo. There are a few kids up North in the GTHL and HEO that in my opinion are better all rounded goaltenders. There is a particular goalie I've been watching that could be one of the top 6 goalies taken and isn't playing in the AAA loop.

KJG tandom are good. Unfortunate part is there on a terrible team so they will never get the recognition. If you look at any goalie list or even the draft last year, goalies from top teams who see little shots get most recognition.QRD, JRC, etc.. goalies seem to be ranked at the top and are just ok. I've seen goalies from basement teams lose by 4 or more goals but still look good

AnonymousHockey

Mar 20, 2019
KJG tandom are good. Unfortunate part is there on a terrible team so they will never get the recognition. If you look at any goalie list or even the draft last year, goalies from top teams who see little shots get most recognition.QRD, JRC, etc.. goalies seem to be ranked at the top and are just ok. I've seen goalies from basement teams lose by 4 or more goals but still look good

This logic is questionable at best.

Neither of the Don Mills goalies were drafted, naturally pardoning Roy. Ben Gaudreau played in NOHA.

Drobac played in the OMHAs SCTA for the 'top team' in Halton but did not win OMHAs nor came close to winning OHL Cup.

Wu played for the Rebels in the GTHL, and were a darkhorse team that managed to pull an upset on the Marlies, only to lose to the Red Wings and Josh Rozenswieg.

What scouts are mindful of, is the top teams that are top teams because of talent, as opposed to top teams that are top teams because of Goaltending. If Drobac did not play for that Halton Hurricanes team, they would not have been a top team. If instead he played for Don Mills, he likely would not have been drafted.'

Kingston, also... is not a terrible team.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Some very interesting games to watch at the silverstick today. Wakely from Quinte had a great game against JRC, he isn’t afraid to mix it up and put the nail in the coffin with 2 points in a very fast paced skilled game. This kid has all the tools. But one of the more entertaining games for me was Marlies against the underdog Oshawa. With the game changing so much where players no longer Finnish checks I loved watching Poole. He won majority of face offs, was a pretty good playmaker setting up the teams only goal but absolutely dominated on his shifts with physicality with at least four Marlies looking like they were run over by a truck. Both of these players have a bit of a mean streak with some top talent skills- nice to see this part of the game isn’t being lost by these two.

been saying it all year. Nathan Poole is going to be Cole Cassels 2.0. Skating will keep him out of the first round but in a year where the top end Canadian talent just isn’t there like most years, I’d be fine taking him late first or early 2nd. He does everything right

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
When was the last time a GTHL team didn’t even make the semi-finals? Honeybaked.....what a team! All-Detroit final was pretty wild, as Honeybaked and Compuware seem to be the class of the ‘04’s. Kudos to Quinte, who gave Honeybaked a serious go in the semi’s.

DrummondIsGod

Mar 16, 2011
Anyone notice Namestnikov from Honeybaked? Has been putting up great numbers in tourneys this year. Brother played in the O.

AnonymousHockey

Mar 20, 2019
When was the last time a GTHL team didn’t even make the semi-finals? Honeybaked.....what a team! All-Detroit final was pretty wild, as Honeybaked and Compuware seem to be the class of the ‘04’s. Kudos to Quinte, who gave Honeybaked a serious go in the semi’s.

Not to take credit from Quinte, but Votary is top notch, and HoneyBaked showed they can change gears vs Compuware.
Would have liked to see the 04s playing U16 Compuware with this team. A player like Gauthier could have been the difference maker.

Compuware sent the eligible 03s playing U16 to the U15 team last year and it made the world of difference vs Don Mills.

Reactions: Garyboy

AnonymousHockey

Mar 20, 2019
been saying it all year. Nathan Poole is going to be Cole Cassels 2.0. Skating will keep him out of the first round but in a year where the top end Canadian talent just isn’t there like most years, I’d be fine taking him late first or early 2nd. He does everything right

Good player all around. On 3 occasions at the tournament however I saw him shoot on a 2 on 1 or 2 on 0, when he had a clear goal if he’d simply pass it over.

All For Youth Hockey

Nov 24, 2019
Went to watch the Top Prospect game, the best player was Lavoie... He generated so much offense on the ice... Went to see him again last night, he scored 4 goals and 2 assists... this kid will definitely be picked up in the first round and probably in the top 5 picks.

ceg195

Nov 6, 2012

Mentioning is skating is misleading to those who have never seen him play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad