2020 OHL draft

BadgerBruce

Aug 8, 2013
Wow the #1 overall draft prospect Adam Fantilli just left his GTHL team (JRC) to go to play prep hockey in the states. He’s playing for who Gens goalie Zach Paputsakis did last year (Kimball Union)
I have absolutely no inside knowledge about this move — none.

But Kimball’s head coach, Tim Whitehead, is damn near a coaching legend in NCAA hockey with Maine. I met him at a Coaches Conference years ago — very impressive man. I don’t even know who AF’s GTHL coach was, but he’d need to be awfully special and experienced to match what Tim brings to the table.

foghorn

Nov 4, 2017
Who are the top guys to watch from ALLIANCE this year? Any top end first round talent?

possibles to me late 1st round....
London 18 mcconnell barker
Elgin 19 Haight
Huskies 67 Dezoete

2nd rounds
waterloo 27 Klein
elgin 14 vansteensel
elgin 17 stonehouse
london 9 couchie
huskies 16 tola

lots of other picks but these are my top ones though

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Ya wow I wouldnt be caught dead in North Bay!! even if they arent set to pick 1st overall the fact they are in the league would be enough for me to leave the country!

1967th Heaven

Aug 31, 2012
possibles to me late 1st round....
London 18 mcconnell barker
Elgin 19 Haight
Huskies 67 Dezoete

2nd rounds
waterloo 27 Klein
elgin 14 vansteensel
elgin 17 stonehouse
london 9 couchie
huskies 16 tola

lots of other picks but these are my top ones though

Thank you!

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Jack Hughes was to be #1 but decided on the US Program. Some would say that he was going there all along, and why didnt he play MM year in Michigan? BECAUSE THE GTHL AND SURROUNDING GTA LEAGUES ARE/WERE THE BEST FOR DEVELOPMENT.......

Yes, but Hughes never left the Marlies during his MM season for another team.

nothappy

Jun 26, 2015
Jonathan Melee left Toronto Titans? back home in Ottawa, looks like he will play for Rockland in the U18 league.
If anyone has some insight that would be great.

buzzer beater

Oct 24, 2018
Every kid being drafted in the first round have something exceptional in their game. That being said I actually think his stock went up going to Toronto even if he stayed for just over a month.

AnonymousHockey

Mar 20, 2019
New to this forum, but know this age group very well. I would agree with the assessment of many of the players mentioned. In my opinion the vast majority are first and second rounders. As for Melee he is an exceptional player, strong, fast and can put the puck in the net. He did leave the Titans, most likely a difficult spot to be in where he’s not being used as the top guy. I’m sure they feel his stock will go up playing for Rockland.

Im sure youre right that his stock will go up playing for Rockland, but I highly doubt he left because he's not used to being the top guy. Melee playing on the Titans was the top guy. Kid is good. From what I've seen of him, not many places he can go and NOT be the top guy. Each game I've seen of the titans before he left, he was the best player on the ice, hands down.

Wing the wong number

Jul 6, 2019
Im sure youre right that his stock will go up playing for Rockland, but I highly doubt he left because he's not used to being the top guy. Melee playing on the Titans was the top guy. Kid is good. From what I've seen of him, not many places he can go and NOT be the top guy. Each game I've seen of the titans before he left, he was the best player on the ice, hands down.
Easy there cowboy, the kid is ok but let's not stretch it out to much. In Rockland he will play second fiddle to Cedric.

foghorn

Nov 4, 2017
he was very good every game for Titans i saw as well and if he continues will be one of the top picks come draft day but there is at least another forward on that team thats pretty good too lol, if anything the ontario scouts got a pretty good look at him in the short time he played in toronto where other players in ottawa will only get a few good looks. Playing game in and game out vs other eligible draft picks gives some comparisons as well helps in the drafting process, still dont understand their decision to make this super midget league lol less exposure to me oh well what the heck do i know

AnonymousHockey

Mar 20, 2019
he was very good every game for Titans i saw as well and if he continues will be one of the top picks come draft day but there is at least another forward on that team thats pretty good too lol, if anything the ontario scouts got a pretty good look at him in the short time he played in toronto where other players in ottawa will only get a few good looks. Playing game in and game out vs other eligible draft picks gives some comparisons as well helps in the drafting process, still dont understand their decision to make this super midget league lol less exposure to me oh well what the heck do i know

#12 Delic is the other player. One dimensional however. Good hands and puck skills, but in my honest opinion, the Titans haven’t been the same since Melee left.

Rockland is gonna get the same exposure. Scouts will take any chance to see the team, like Marlies tourney, but there’s a ton of Ottawa region scouts watching. Reminder: Ben Gaudreau played up north, away from ALOT of scouts, but still made an impact on everyone at tourneys and such. Exposure isn’t an issue.

foghorn

Nov 4, 2017
#12 Delic is the other player. One dimensional however. Good hands and puck skills, but in my honest opinion, the Titans haven’t been the same since Melee left.

Rockland is gonna get the same exposure. Scouts will take any chance to see the team, like Marlies tourney, but there’s a ton of Ottawa region scouts watching. Reminder: Ben Gaudreau played up north, away from ALOT of scouts, but still made an impact on everyone at tourneys and such. Exposure isn’t an issue.
yes he'll get his looks regardless but its much less exposure than playing in toronto where not only toronto scouts but all other gta sw ontario see them as well at tourneys etc where only ottawa area guys see ottawa kids other than a few tourneys in the year where they make an allstar team such as peterborough tourney...its not the same thing to me but good players will get recognized anywhere its the game to game comparison with the other top kids that is the speculation that scouts have to make with kids playing in ottawa and not vs other top kids each and every game.

MitchBetts91

Jul 4, 2019
Does anyone have any thoughts on Barrie's (Midget AAA) prospects for this years OHL draft? Thanks everyone.

AnonymousHockey

Mar 20, 2019
yes he'll get his looks regardless but its much less exposure than playing in toronto where not only toronto scouts but all other gta sw ontario see them as well at tourneys etc where only ottawa area guys see ottawa kids other than a few tourneys in the year where they make an allstar team such as peterborough tourney...its not the same thing to me but good players will get recognized anywhere its the game to game comparison with the other top kids that is the speculation that scouts have to make with kids playing in ottawa and not vs other top kids each and every game.

The top talent vs top talent comparison isn’t necessary in my opinion. It’s simply entertaining when it happens. Rutger McGroaty v Zak Lavoie for example. US player vs GTHL player will only see each other a few times, and yet nothing stops them (aside from McGroarty’s question of NCAA) from going top 5 draft.

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
The top talent vs top talent comparison isn’t necessary in my opinion. It’s simply entertaining when it happens. Rutger McGroaty v Zak Lavoie for example. US player vs GTHL player will only see each other a few times, and yet nothing stops them (aside from McGroarty’s question of NCAA) from going top 5 draft.
Sure but I still disagree the Ottawa league is basically 17yr olds that are left over having not moved onto tier 2 or jrb and a sprinkle of good 16’s harder to determine where their talent level is actually as compared to watching the marlies vs jrc

Reactions: stickhandle

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
Uncle..methinks you are a bit overdramatic rating N B.....when the team is worthy they turn out 3500 a game.....scouting/reporting picks is the problem and maybe Stan.....terrible scouting since moving but a big change last draft not sure why..team is not too communicative....young guys finally getting ice time this year..and there is a 4 lane hiway ,indoor plumbing and electrification....

Reactions: yacky

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Uncle..methinks you are a bit overdramatic rating N B.....when the team is worthy they turn out 3500 a game.....scouting/reporting picks is the problem and maybe Stan.....terrible scouting since moving but a big change last draft not sure why..team is not too communicative....young guys finally getting ice time this year..and there is a 4 lane hiway ,indoor plumbing and electrification....
Sarcasm my North Bay friendly

ceg195

Nov 6, 2012
In Clarington, there’s their captain Lucas Littlejohn to keep your eye out for. He’s a right shot defence man that plays a solid well rounded game. He is reliable to his team as he takes pride in a defence first mentality. You won’t catch him doing anything stupid like selfishly rushing the puck or being out of position. He is a tough player that puts fear in his opponents as he always takes the body hard and isn’t afraid to mix it up. He is a smooth skater with an accurate hard shot from the point and he also has a good sized frame. Overall, Lucas is a well rounded disciplined player that any team can count on defensively and that coaches would love.

Eat The Rich

Jun 17, 2017
I know that intheoradio is gone, but has there ever been a replacement site that lists picks for each team?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->