2020 OHL draft

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
I don't know how others feel about it, but I don't particularly love how they announce the #1 pick early. I feel it kind of takes away the whole "the first overall pick is..." from the draft process
It is done as a teaser to get people excited for the draft the following day.Much like getting to open one Christmas present on Christmas Eve.

OHL Fan

Mar 5, 2020
Nelson
Fimis
Namestikov
Goyette
Ludwinski
Donovan
Fantilli/Lavoie
Sova
Haight
Barker
Delic
Poitras/Edwards
Mckoy
Fantilli/Edwards
Wakely
Hayes
Fantilli/Lavoie
Jovanovic
Leblanc
Guindon

nopuckluck74

Mar 6, 2020
See what the braintrust thinks on this one.

Would Nelson and Fimis be 1 and 2 if they played for Guelph and Lambton, respectively, for minor midget.

Discuss.

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
I see Andrew Leblanc has a twin brother, a dman. How good is he, and what round would be reasonable to draft him in? To anyone in the know. Thx

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
If they just started talking to the Fantilli camp after NB announced that at 1pm today, ice dogs fans should be firing the Burke’s into the sun lol

Never said they JUST started talking to him, nice try?

I'm saying now he and Niagara know north bay didn't select him, so Niagara has all night to try and convince him.

Dog Fan

Apr 22, 2017
well, i think Saginaw is not the desired landing spot for Fantilli. I think we may be able to trade his brothers rights to Saginaw, if it's the brothers intention to play together. We do have some leverage if the OHL is there destination

Reactions: uncleben

buzzer beater

Oct 24, 2018
I would be beyond surprised if there were that many Americans in the first round, if any at all.

That’s not the way the world seems to be trending. Quite the opposite and now the top player who is Canadian isn’t going to play in the OHL.

If you are a first round talent - you should be able to play NTDP, and if you could play NTDP, why wouldn’t you?

Or play USHL and keep your NCAA eligibility.
Are you beyond surprised at the draft ? 4 Americans and 6 Ottawa kids in the first round. That being said Staios in Hamilton could have had Donovan way later in the draft. Goes to show that friendships are still more important then getting the BPA.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
I see Andrew Leblanc has a twin brother, a dman. How good is he, and what round would be reasonable to draft him in? To anyone in the know. Thx
Kitchener ended up scooping up the pair of them!
Andrew at 17, Jacob in round 3 at 42, which is a good value pick, imo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->