GDT: 2020 NLDS: (1) Los Angeles Dodgers vs (4) San Diego Padres - LAD wins 3-0

LAD vs SD

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
What an intense finish to the game. “Mr. Clutch” Eric Hosmer helped Kelly out big time by chasing 3 breaking balls well below the zone when Kelly was all over the place.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I cant stand the Dodgers, but Kershaw is someone who I would like to see win a World Series. Has gotten too much crap for the most part. Though him blowing game 5 against the Astros is inexcusable to me (sign stealing or not). Though he pitched like a true winner in game 7, not his fault Yu shit the bed.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
I cant stand the Dodgers, but Kershaw is someone who I would like to see win a World Series. Has gotten too much crap for the most part. Though him blowing game 5 against the Astros is inexcusable to me (sign stealing or not). Though he pitched like a true winner in game 7, not his fault Yu shit the bed.

How the f*** is sign stealing inexcusable when it did in fact affect the game? 51 breaking balls and not a single swing and miss. That game should’ve been his defining moment and the cheaters tarnished his legacy.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
How the f*** is sign stealing inexcusable when it did in fact affect the game? 51 breaking balls and not a single swing and miss. That game should’ve been his defining moment and the cheaters tarnished his legacy.

Cause Alex Wood did just fine against them the night before. So did other pitchers at minute maid park in the playoffs that year and after (who is to believe they only did it in 2017?). He has had worse games though. His performance against Boston the next year was not ideal either. I cant stand the f***ing Astros, I live here. So I have deal with them being in my everyday life, and would have liked them to get punished harsher. I would expect a pitcher of his caliber to last at least 5 innings and not blow a 3 run lead twice. I chalk it up to a bad game.

That being written, he and they can atone for that series along with the loss to the Red Sox and the debacle against the Nationals (which he unfortunately was in the middle of it though Roberts probably screwed up). To me his legacy is more tarnished by last years bullpen relief than game 5. Though his performances against the Cardinals early in his career fuels the haters too (think he blew a 7 run lead against them). Maybe they even beat the Astros though ideally the Astros dont get that far.

Edit - im reading an article on that game. It was one whiff on 51 breaking pitches and 4 overall. He only had 8 in game 1. Wood in game 4 had 4 in 10 less pitches, and Maeda and Yu had 9 in about the same number of pitches as Kershaw in game 3.

Last edited:

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Cause Alex Wood did just fine against them the night before. So did other pitchers at minute maid park in the playoffs that year and after (who is to believe they only did it in 2017?). He has had worse games though. His performance against Boston the next year was not ideal either. I cant stand the f***ing Astros, I live here. So I have deal with them being in my everyday life, and would have liked them to get punished harsher. I would expect a pitcher of his caliber to last at least 5 innings and not blow a 3 run lead twice. I chalk it up to a bad game.

That being written, he and they can atone for that series along with the loss to the Red Sox and the debacle against the Nationals (which he unfortunately was in the middle of it though Roberts probably screwed up). To me his legacy is more tarnished by last years bullpen relief than game 5. Though his performances against the Cardinals early in his career fuels the haters too (think he blew a 7 run lead against them). Maybe they even beat the Astros though ideally the Astros dont get that far.

Edit - im reading an article on that game. It was one whiff on 51 breaking pitches and 4 overall. He only had 8 in game 1. Wood in game 4 had 4 in 10 less pitches, and Maeda and Yu had 9 in about the same number of pitches as Kershaw in game 3.

If you know what’s coming, it’s actually easier to feast on Kershaw than Wood. Just lay off Kershaw’s breaking ball and wait for his flat fast ball. Wood throws a lot of sinkers and 2-seamers.

Kershaw got cheated in game 5, period.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014

Never seen anyone do anything like that on a non-game ending out. He blew kisses to Dads after they chirped him. Too bad the series is probably over today, could have led to fireworks if it was a 7 game series.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON

Never seen anyone do anything like that on a non-game ending out. He blew kisses to Dads after they chirped him. Too bad the series is probably over today, could have led to fireworks if it was a 7 game series.

It's a weird reaction that was pretty over the top, but you can't have it both ways. Machado did one of the biggest dick bat flips of all time after his HR earlier that inning. Not even a bat flip, just chucked it overhand in anger it seems. Ozzie Smith did back flips and cartwheels on the field. Rickey Henderson took 2nd base out of the ground and held it over his head like a WWE title belt. This isn't something new.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
If you know what’s coming, it’s actually easier to feast on Kershaw than Wood. Just lay off Kershaw’s breaking ball and wait for his flat fast ball. Wood throws a lot of sinkers and 2-seamers.

Kershaw got cheated in game 5, period.

The article reads that Wood was constantly changing his signs cause he had heard whispers of them doing shady things. Kershaw said he didn't but should have as he didn't want to slow the game down. Dont want to derail this thread, so I'll leave it at this. Ideally he can win one this year.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
He is in the middle all of these, tend to think he is the problem. Except for probably when Papelbon hit him.
He should have just turned around and walked away. You can't celebrate a certain way then get butthurt when the opponent does the same.

Mlb channel showed Machado doing similar and chirping LA on a hr on Sep 14. They also showed Grisham making a catch in center near the Dodgers bullpen, make eye contact with Graterol, then flip the ball over the fence towards him. They like being dicks. They gotta be able to take shit back.

Last edited:

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Even with the nail-biter in Game 2 provided by none other than Can’tlive Jansen, the Padres were simply outf***ingclassed.

The series was over when they squandered bases loaded last night. That was their shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad