Prospect Info: 2020 NJ Devils Draft Recap

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Because he won't be ready, or because he won't come over? I thought his KHL contract is up after 2 more years, so he could come over if he wanted to, but he'd probably need some time in the AHL to adapt to the North American rinks/style, which would probably pay him less than the KHL, so I would understand if he didn't.
because he can't crack the cannucks roster before anfeldt!!! :sarcasm:

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
Great work as always @StevenToddIves ! Hope you're resting well and getting ready for next year's crop :)

This is way too early, but I think one d-man you'll really like this upcoming draft is Ty Gallagher. He's very much in the Case McCarthy/Brock Faber mold in being a solid skater, physical defenseman, fierce puck battler and good puck-mover albeit with limited offensive potential.

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
i dont know why this came into my head, but Mercer reminds me in style of play of Tim Connolly. Just someone who dangles and makes plays with such creativity.

Reactions: Oneiro

ThePrideofStockholm

Sep 29, 2017
Stockholm
Thanks for some good reading, as for a Devils fan outside of North America its really nice to get some information on out prospects. I've watched every game that Holtz has played in the shl and I try to keep an eye on Broqvists stats but Zetterlund was loaned to Djurgårdens arch enemy aik så its impossible for me to root for him

Last edited:

Camille the Eel

Thanks for some good reading, as for a Devils fan outside of North America its really nice to get some information on out prospects. I've watched every game that Holtz has played in the shl and I try to keep an eye on Broqvists stats but Zetterlund was loaned to Djurgårdens arch enemy aik så its impossible for me to root for him
So having actually watched Holtz, what’s your take on the pick and the player’s future in the NHL?

ThePrideofStockholm

Sep 29, 2017
Stockholm
So having actually watched Holtz, what’s your take on the pick and the player’s future in the NHL?
His ability to score. He is lethal. His board work has been alot better this year and I personally believes that he will benefit from playing on a smaller rink. I like the pick and I think that he's gonna be a great fit with Jack or Nico

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Great work as always @StevenToddIves ! Hope you're resting well and getting ready for next year's crop :)

This is way too early, but I think one d-man you'll really like this upcoming draft is Ty Gallagher. He's very much in the Case McCarthy/Brock Faber mold in being a solid skater, physical defenseman, fierce puck battler and good puck-mover albeit with limited offensive potential.

I will do my homework. And thanks for the tip! I'm usually concentrating more on writing my fiction and striking out with women this time of year, but I do watch hockey when I find the time.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
i dont know why this came into my head, but Mercer reminds me in style of play of Tim Connolly. Just someone who dangles and makes plays with such creativity.

Mercer plays with a lot more edge and compete, two weaknesses which really prevented Connolly from becoming the star his talent level would have allowed. Mercer is just an outstanding prospect.

Reactions: My3Sons

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I will do my homework. And thanks for the tip! I'm usually concentrating more on writing my fiction and striking out with women this time of year, but I do watch hockey when I find the time.

zzbq0wwih1s41.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad