Post-Game Talk: 2020 NHL Trade Deadline II

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
sorry I guess Nick Ritchie is the cure.. one line wonder this team is.. look what happens when they get shut down by other top teams.. we lose because we have a dog shit second line...

He will more than likely be the 3LW with Kase being on the 2nd line. The only legit 2nd line winger moved was Zucker and it probably would have cost us something like Vaak + 1st + Heinen.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
So you’re saying that we couldn’t offer NJ a 5th round pick for Simmonds??? He would’ve fit nicely on our second line... The Bruins are built to win now!! And we did nothing major to improving this team... we don’t stand a chance against Tampa or Washington..

Man it’s so bad when the servers here fail on deadline day. I mean you must have posted this in 2015 and it just now made it here?

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
that’s great but look at the age of the core. are they going to squander another chance at the cup in a closing window because they didn’t get a top 6 forward?
A top 6 forward won't guarentee you a cup... hell, the best first line in the NHL doesn't.

Riley 88

Jan 24, 2020
The craziest shit I'm reading here is people giving DS props for cleaning up an ill advised mess he made in the 1st place. I'm always wery when a team turns their back on a player, kind of like the Bruins did with Lucic. Such was a similar case with Backes. The Bruins new Lucic was cooked as the Blues knew Backes was cooked. Now if you want to ignore the red flags and you give a guy $$ and term to boot, stands to reason that at least you don't make the f*cking contract buyout proof as well. That is some real dumb shit he did there.

So now as the window is quickly closing he's giving away 1sts to correct a very avoidable mistake. So after losing in last years PO's were it was evident that the Blues deployed a strategy that was basically to injure their opponents he acquired a player who has had a history of getting injured often to fill a void there is no sign he can fill. Sounds right? Sorry if I'm not impressed.
I agree. I think it is time for ownership and or Neely to find a guy who can capitalize on this nucleus. Sweeney has blown it the last four years. His FA signings have been brutal, his drafting has not been great. The whole world knew he should have taken Barzal or any number of three or four others. His arrogance was sickening. He cares more about his own ass then he does the team and fans. He cleared money to sign Krug. Who cares. Just this year, 3-4 guys have been traded that are exactly what we have needed. This guy cant or wont get it done. He is tiring already. How many kicks at the can with this team does he get without going for it. He needs to go. He failed again yesterday. Big fail.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
Flank:

Of the players that were moved around the deadline who did you want Sweeney to get? What should the Bruins have paid for that price?

Reactions: TCB

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Coyle is.

Studnicka 2C ?
Frederic 3C ?

Your list changed now.

I love Coyle but none of the guys you mentioned can be expected to be franchise C’s.

The core otherwisecis elite, just lacking at the lost important position

Bergy turns 35 this summer, there’s not many years left at 1C

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Your list changed now.

I love Coyle but none of the guys you mentioned can be expected to be franchise C’s.

The core otherwisecis elite, just lacking at the lost important position

Bergy turns 35 this summer, there’s not many years left at 1C
You don’t necessarily need a franchise center
What you do need is at least three solid center that can be responsible at both ends of the ice
Look who won the Stanley Cup last year

Reactions: Rubber Biscuit

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Studnicka and Frederic will be call ups this year Sweeney pretty much said it. I won’t be surprised if Studnicka is playing some games before the regular season ends or in the playoffs at some point. They might wanna take a look at him real good because DK has one year left if they move a big name he’s a possibility. I don’t know if they could get a first rd pk back but more cap will be cleared. If not ride him out which is great too. They can do whatever they want both scenarios will be fine with me.

Reactions: lopey

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Flank:

Of the players that were moved around the deadline who did you want Sweeney to get? What should the Bruins have paid for that price?
Not a lot . That’s a good question. Before yesterday quite a few. But because of cap restraints and the loss of the 1st and couldn’t take on a lot of payroll because Krug’s situation is up in the air made it nearly impossible. Now this me being me I wanted Palmieri lol he would’ve fit great but it was unlikely from the get go.

Reactions: TCB and Flannelman

Deuce17

Mar 2, 2019
Suffield, CT
So you’re saying that we couldn’t offer NJ a 5th round pick for Simmonds??? He would’ve fit nicely on our second line... The Bruins are built to win now!! And we did nothing major to improving this team... we don’t stand a chance against Tampa or Washington..

Wayne Simmonds in the second line??? My god I’ve now heard it all.

Reactions: lopey and BMC

FREDERIC82FAN

Adherent of JOHNNY V fanclub
Oct 9, 2017
"Riley 88 "I agree. I think it is time for ownership and or Neely to find a guy who can capitalize on this nucleus. Sweeney has blown it the last four years. His FA signings have been brutal, his drafting has not been great. The whole world knew he should have taken Barzal or any number of three or four others. His arrogance was sickening. He cares more about his own ass then he does the team and fans. He cleared money to sign Krug. Who cares. Just this year, 3-4 guys have been traded that are exactly what we have needed. This guy cant or wont get it done. He is tiring already. How many kicks at the can with this team does he get without going for it. He needs to go. He failed again yesterday. Big fail.

What is your other user name?

ylekot

Still evaluating..
Feb 2, 2010
Paxton Massachusetts
Excellent trade deadline for donny. Didn't rock the boat and quietly added young potential firepower. Thank you ducks.
I agree with you. I think Kase is a steal. Nick Ritchie brings exactly what this team has been lacking the whole year. They get both these guys for next year as well. Backus contract is all but gone. I don't know what else Don Sweeney could have done other then getting Coleman.

Reactions: lopey and TCB

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I agree with you. I think Kase is a steal. Nick Ritchie brings exactly what this team has been lacking the whole year. They get both these guys for next year as well. Backus contract is all but gone. I don't know what else Don Sweeney could have done other then getting Coleman.

I think Coleman and Goodrow were the only two guys moved that I really would have wanted and Tampa paid an enormous price for both of them so I’m happy with what the bruins did

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->