GDT: 2020 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
I'll go on record in front of this board, and my lord the Flying Spaghetti Monster and say that if Schneider gets to a point where he forces us to have to make a roster move (either him or someone else), I will take that outcome every day of the week and RUN WITH IT.

That is a f***ing awesome outcome for the Rangers. I have zero concerns about that outcome being a reality.

I welcome it.

It can stay in my house in the guest room.

I will cook breakfast for it, drive it to the airport, and see it off on its glorious journey to a shiny, warm destination.

Bring me that outcome.
I personally think that will be the outcome, and sooner rather than later. Just worrisome to see the organizational holes not being filled. Hope we see some answers soon. I think that's the real anxiety for me. Would love to see some other positions closer to resolution, then this pick will probably rest nicely with me.

Reactions: One Winged Angel

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
@Edge i know you mentioned dead silence on the Strome situation. Do you get the feeling that Ottawa knows our fear of arb with him and doesnt want to give up assets because of that? They can sign him as a UFA if we let him walk.
I think Gorton’s pitch is, ‘can they?’ If not, trading for his rights makes sense.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Not to mention what does everyone ask for when you go shopping for their star players?

A right shot d prospect or player is usually on that list.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Two things to say about the Schneider pick:

1 - We need to build a team. Not just collect skill. I know we need a middle six C. But that's a lot easier to find than a very mobile, big, shut down defender with a mean streak and a decent first pass who is likely going to turn pro in 8 months.

2 - I'm old enough to remember a bunch of people balking on here about getting two D in the back half of the 2018...

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Just a reminder the rangers had ONE ONE TOTAL right shot dman nhl worthy prospect In the whole system before making that pick. One of the two toughest positions to find. They had ONE right shot prospect with legit nhl upside.

good job!

Reactions: Cag29
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad