GDT: 2020 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
i dont know why @Edge responds to some of you clowns haha you do realize that other teams passed on lapierre as well...ill fully admit i wanted the kid for the upside but also understand that he might never play an nhl game
Plus his injuries are scary as hell. One concussion I can live with but having 3 already as a teen is not a good sign

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It's there. Does it need to be further developed? Sure. But it's there.
I don’t see it. Hope I’m wrong, but I don’t see it. He is obviously strong, but that has not been weaponized in shot form.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
i dont know why @Edge responds to some of you clowns haha you do realize that other teams passed on lapierre as well...ill fully admit i wanted the kid for the upside but also understand that he might never play an nhl game

the kid had a bad concussion and its rumored he may have had multiple. We know he had a neck injury and have to wonder if the neck, which mid-line is the brain stem, is volatile.

Hope the kid has a nice career yet the Rangers took the safer pick and looking at this roster they don’t need more skill. They need some grit. There will be other options for center.

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Plus his injuries are scary as hell. One concussion I can live with but having 3 already as a teen is not a good sign
Sounds like a kid who admires his passes or skates with his head down. He’d get obliterated if he isn’t careful. I hope for the best for him and he learns the way to avoid injuries.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
the kid had a bad concussion and its rumored he may have had multiple. We know he had a neck injury and have to wonder if the neck, which mid-line is the brain stem, is volatile.

Hope the kid has a nice career yet the Rangers took the safer pick and looking at this roster they don’t need more skill. They need some grit.
trust me, when we traded up my dad and uncle called me and were like who are they taking....i fully expected the rangers to gamble on him, i even mentioned it in the other draft thread that they should be gambling on a player like that, but i see nothing wrong with drafting a kid like schneider when he was expected to go earlier

Reactions: Harbour Dog

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
Sounds like a kid who admires his passes or skates with his head down. He’d get obliterated if he isn’t careful. I hope for the best for him and he learns the way to avoid injuries

I’m worried for his safety. Like you said he had to learn how to play a safer way and even still the odds of him having a long career seem slim

Reactions: Cmox

Heckler81

Oct 14, 2017
I know he’s not available. I’m saying those types become available EVERY offseason. They’re also far easier to find in the later rounds of a draft as well.

And a 2-way top-6C wouldn’t?

You mean conjecture and speculation? I don’t see any indicators of anything.

Lapierre was there. So was Connor Zary.

How is it a given that Schneider will be in the NHL within 1-2 years? Size? Size isn’t a be all, end-all. The experts even said he’s not a plug and play type at this point.

Are you also saying that we shouldn’t have drafted Lafreniere? There seems to be an elite LWer every FA too. Hall this year, Panarin last year, and etc.

dshea19

Jun 9, 2015
If Schneider is good enough to cause a roster issue on a RD that features three or four of Trouba, ADA, Fox and Lundkvist, that is a very good thing for the Rangers. Because that means either Schneider is doing damn well and making that an issue, or someone is having a really difficult season and might not be the long-term lock we'd hoped they'd be.

Either way, that's value for the Rangers.

When it comes to young, talented, right defensemen on reasonable contracts, I don't think we're looking at diminishing returns. I think diminishing returns is when you have too many goalies, or a tweener who might be over-acheving and coming up on a new contract.

But if the Rangers get to a point where they have to move one or two of ADA, Trouba, Lundkvist, Fox or Schneider because they're all NHL-calibre players, they will get have a nice portfolio of opportunities to use that to their advantage.

Because just like we're looking for those nice ELC or second contract players via trade to fill holes, other teams will be doing the exact same thingto fill their own holes.
Of all of those names, ADA is the most expendable. He is not a player that comes to mind when thinking about deep playoff runs. He is really good at offensive stuf, but the other side of play is what gets cups. You can be one dimensional on a cup team, but offense isn't usually that dimension.

I am totally cool with the pick. The rest of the draft will give it more context.

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
I understand the injury concerns, but for the 1000th time Lapierre didnt have 3 concussions.
It's in dispute enough that the draft coverage outlined each injury with the date and listed each was a a concussion. You or I have not looked at any medical reports, and more importantly the Rangers probably didn't get a look at it and they definitely didn't conduct a physical. Can we all just agree that there are enough question marks to give the benefit of the doubt?

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
It's in dispute enough that the draft coverage outlined each injury with the date and listed each was a a concussion. You or I have not looked at any medical reports, and more importantly the Rangers probably didn't get a look at it and they definitely didn't conduct a physical. Can we all just agree that there are enough question marks to give the benefit of the doubt?

NBC stated multiple times that it was 3 concussions. Obviously none of us can say, but I assume they did some work to feel confident running that.

Reactions: DutchShamrock

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
There was an article circulated on these boards on multiple occasions that included a description of his injuries, which included 1 concussion and an issue with two twisted vertebrae that led to spinal issues which caused concussion-like symptoms to linger. Pierre and co. may not have read that, but that doesnt make them right on this topic. He did not have 3 concussions.

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
NBC stated multiple times that it was 3 concussions. Obviously none of us can say, but I assume they did some work to feel confident running that.
NBC still employs Pierre, they do not do nearly as much research as you think. They recycled player comps all night and had extremely lazy player analysis on picks. You guys are giving them far too much credit.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
trust me, when we traded up my dad and uncle called me and were like who are they taking....i fully expected the rangers to gamble on him, i even mentioned it in the other draft thread that they should be gambling on a player like that, but i see nothing wrong with drafting a kid like schneider when he was expected to go earlier

I'll go on record in front of this board, and my lord the Flying Spaghetti Monster and say that if Schneider gets to a point where he forces us to have to make a roster move (either him or someone else), I will take that outcome every day of the week and RUN WITH IT.

That is a f***ing awesome outcome for the Rangers. I have zero concerns about that outcome being a reality.

I welcome it.

It can stay in my house in the guest room.

I will cook breakfast for it, drive it to the airport, and see it off on its glorious journey to a shiny, warm destination.

Bring me that outcome.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
NBC still employs Pierre, they do not do nearly as much research as you think. They recycled player comps all night and had extremely lazy player analysis on picks. You guys are giving them far too much credit.

Lazy player comps are a lot different than posting a player's medical history. I mean, who put the article out? Was his camp involved in reporting that info? At the end of the day pretty impossible for any of us to sit here and draw a definitive conclusion...and it sounds like most NHL teams felt they were in a similar position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->