Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Entry Draft (Round #1 - 10/6/20 @ 7pm ET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I would've said something similar about Krebs and Newhook this passed spring. You never know what's going to happen on draft day but there's often a couple kids drafted much lower than they should have been.
Correct. It happens every year.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Take the summer off and just watch next season whoever they picked in rounds 2-7 (players like Jenik, Maccelli, Bahl, Savunov and more..)

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
The Coyotes have had at least one 1st round pick in every draft since 2003. This is such a strange feeling. I joined this website in 2004, just ahead of the 2004 Entry Draft. The Blake Wheeler year. I was 19 years old. Now I'm 34 (will be 35 when the draft rolls around).

Reactions: CC96

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
2003 was truly a terrible year - hopes were pegged on Redenbach and Pestunov. And it was an amazing draft year - it felt like every other team drafted multiple stars.

I think I first lurked in 2000 when I moved to Phoenix, started watching the team and wondered where Ossi Vaananen came from and why the commentators were so excited about Krys Kolanos (we have nothing like the draft in UK sports where junior leagues have absolutely no prestige or media interest so it was all new to me).

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

rt

May 13, 2004
Who are we eyeing with our hopefully late 2nd? I’m going to guess Donovan Sebrango, Logan Morrison or Rory Kerins.

Sebrango is especially interesting to me. Plays for Kitchener with our boy Axel Bergkvist.

LHS D that prefers to play RD. Only 6’0” 175lbs but a gym rat with a lot of strength considering how lean he is. Plays bigger than his size. Known for being physics down low and also for open ice hits. Seems to be a surprisingly adept fight.

Scouting reports remind me of a poor man’s Chychrun. A guy who’s good in all three zones. Covers the whole ice.

Plays in all situations. Passing, shooting and especially skating all are reported to be strengths.

I’ve only seen the highlights but I like what I’ve seen.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
The Coyotes have had at least one 1st round pick in every draft since 2003. This is such a strange feeling. I joined this website in 2004, just ahead of the 2004 Entry Draft. The Blake Wheeler year. I was 19 years old. Now I'm 34 (will be 35 when the draft rolls around).

Yea I'm kind of in the same boat though I joined this board a bit later than you. Prior to coming here I had spent like 6 years on another board with far less activity.

I usually only pay attention to guys who look like they will go int he first round to early second. With our first this year out the door and I would assume a late 2nd being our next pick, I have no idea who I have as a favorite. I usually just start off of mynhldraft and build out my opinions from any video I can find. This will be the first year in a long time I will feel completely lost. This is especially true because I usually don't get the chance to watch any junior games or any of the major tournaments and mynhldraft only covers the first round.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I'd also be happy with Lukas Reichel - I think he's been invited to the WJC, so we can catch a glimpse of him then other than through highlight reels.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
So I will be attending a Seattle Thunderbirds game this Friday vs the Spokane Cheifs. If there is anyone on either team that you guys would like me to try and get a scouting report on and see if I can get some video on specific skills for those players I'd be happy to do what I can. I think we are going to be sitting center ice and semi low so not sure how great some of the shots will be if someone is looking for specific things.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
After getting more viewings of several of the prospects...with our only 2nd round pick.

I'd be in favor of selecting: Lukas Reichel, Jack Quinn or Brendan Brisson

Heart is set on Reichel, although after the WJC, not sure he'll be there with our 2nd round pick.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Names of interest for me in the 2nd round:

Samuel Knazko, D - TPS Turku
Jaromir Pytlik, LW - SSM (probably will be gone by the time we pick)
Tyson Foerster, C - Barrie (late 2nd still may be a little high for him)
Jack Finley, C - Spokane (late 2nd still may be a little high for him)
Helge Grans, D - Malmo

rt

May 13, 2004
I’m thinking of taking the top 31 lists from some of the more reputable outlets, compiling the total names (assuming there will be 50ish) and saying we should probably look at anyone not on those lists.

Reactions: LuckyNumber11

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Raanta and Hino to EDM for a 1st. Keep doing your prospect watching cause parts will need to move if we want to sign Hall.
Edm has 7 UFA forwards (bottom 6 guys) and 4 RFA Dmen. The roster could look a lot different (better) next year.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Names of interest for me in the 2nd round:

Samuel Knazko, D - TPS Turku
Jaromir Pytlik, LW - SSM (probably will be gone by the time we pick)
Tyson Foerster, C - Barrie (late 2nd still may be a little high for him)
Jack Finley, C - Spokane (late 2nd still may be a little high for him)
Helge Grans, D - Malmo

I like Foerster...Pytlik will for sure be gone I think...and I'm only looking at Forwards, haven't researched any of the Dmen yet.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
I like Foerster...Pytlik will for sure be gone I think...and I'm only looking at Forwards, haven't researched any of the Dmen yet.

Knazko's description makes him sound like a Chayka type of player:

"Slovakian defender with excellent hands and puck-carrying skills. Has good active feet, and plays a smart controlled game despite playing with little physicality. The Slovak defender who uses his feet, physicality and stick to play a two way game. Good balance and shows some power to his skating, enabling him activate down low, and step up into areas wherever they open. Moves well horizontally middle ice to wall to lend help in various instances. Likes to have the puck and handles it well even in heavily congested areas. Pinches in when necessary. Is physical and will get in the grill of attackers as he angles them outside. Good with puck, on break-outs on the power play and with his passing attack to start zone entrances. Calm and mature feel to is game who plays in all situations."

The description makes it sound like he is not physical, but capable of playing that way. Would like a little more size to him, but this seems like the type that Chayka would covet.

And of course, take a chance on a player like van de Leest, McNelly, Bakanov, or Sokolov in round 6, just so we have some size ready to go for the future. I don't think Bakanov throws the gloves down often, but the others appear to be willing to defend a teammate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad