Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Entry Draft Thread

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
If they don't win the lottery to get #1 overall, trade all of them for #1.

Wishful thinking.

Probably a tough PR move to deal the top pick. Colorado loaded up on 1998 picks with the hopes of landing Vinny Lecavalier, but they ended up with picks #12, #17, #19, #20, #28, and #38. It was rumored that they offered some combination of the picks plus a roster player (possibly Adam Deadmarsh) to Tampa for #1, but they weren't interested.

In 2012, the Islanders offered up seven picks (#4, #34, #65, #103, #125, #155, #185) to Columbus for #2 with the goal of taking Ryan Murray. Out of their picks, the Islanders only got one NHLer (Adam Pelech) but were able to spin Ville Pokka into Nick Leddy.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I think the Kings will key in on Stutzle, Drysdale and maybe Raymond if they end up at 3/4/5. Don't discount Raymond, he plays with Moverare and Fagemo, so you can bet the Kings will have scouted him extensively. They need to consider a dynamic puck mover like Drysdale on D. Wheeler had some really good things to say about him today in his mid-season rankings. In his opinion, a better player than Byram in many attributes at the same age.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I think the Kings will key in on Stutzle, Drysdale and maybe Raymond if they end up at 3/4/5. Don't discount Raymond, he plays with Moverare and Fagemo, so you can bet the Kings will have scouted him extensively. They need to consider a dynamic puck mover like Drysdale on D. Wheeler had some really good things to say about him today in his mid-season rankings. In his opinion, a better player than Byram in many attributes at the same age.

them scouting him so much means they know his flaws to. Maybe they think they can work on those flaws too.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Wheeler's top 8 is pretty stacked. Of course I want #1, but when Drysdale is #8 and he's better at his age than Byram was by most accounts, that's a pretty impressive group. We're looking at 4 to 5 players on this list depending on if the Kings trade up.

Rankings.jpg

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
I had a dream two nights ago that we actually won the stupid draft lottery. I've been a King's fan since 1986 and I've never actually had a dream (other than a daydream) that we won the draft lottery. Is it a sign?

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

ibleedkings

Rob Fake
Jul 19, 2004
Santa Clarita
I had a dream two nights ago that we actually won the stupid draft lottery. I've been a King's fan since 1986 and I've never actually had a dream (other than a daydream) that we won the draft lottery. Is it a sign?

I've had that dream a few times too. Not sure what it means lol

Nodoughtyboutit

May 14, 2010
Is Byfield still considered the lock at 2? I heard he was having a poor start to the second half. Or is there just way too much upside on him?

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
Hah just prior to 2012, I had the Kings celebrating with the Cup on the ice dream a few times. That shit felt real! Then it was real. C'mon lotto gods!

Not a dream, but in 2006 I remember telling a fellow King's fan in my business class/group that we'd be challenging for The Cup soon, probably in 2012. LoL, who knew?

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC
Wheeler's top 8 is pretty stacked. Of course I want #1, but when Drysdale is #8 and he's better at his age than Byram was by most accounts, that's a pretty impressive group. We're looking at 4 to 5 players on this list depending on if the Kings trade up.

Rankings.jpg
The highest ranked American is at #25 - what a huge difference from last year. I know the national team was almost fully drafted last year, but wow, that’s quite a drop.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I just want one of the top 2 spots. There's a drop off after that. Byfield would be awesome.

With the second worst record, I think you have a 26.5% chance of landing a top 2 pick.

Reactions: Fat Elvis

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Is Byfield still considered the lock at 2? I heard he was having a poor start to the second half. Or is there just way too much upside on him?

Other players are definitely making cases for themselves. However, even if he's not scoring more than others, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- he's younger than most, if not all of the top prospects from his class (doesn't turn 18 until Aug)
- there's still a lot of room to grow, as he's 6'4, 215 lbs
- while not as much of a cog for Team Canada as Lafreniere, he was still part of the gold medal-winning team

His combination of size, skating ability, and skill is a very enticing package.

All that being said, by no means is he a lock at #2.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->