Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Entry Draft (Round #1 - 10/6/20 @ 7pm ET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
Habs fan coming in peace but I would absolutely offer this for OEL I posted this on the main board too in the Danault trade thread.

Domi/danault our 1st,2nd and third and Alzner for oel. We clear up some cap and get oel and you guys get to replenish your lost picks and get one of Domi or danault. Alzner can be bought out as soon as next year too.

Habs can afford to trade all these picks and even after this trade the Habs still have 11 freaking picks this draft.

EDIT

If you guys want more picks we need a big young Winger to play on our top two lines I don't know the Yotes team/rookies so let me know what you guys think.

Last edited:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Habs fan coming in peace but I would absolutely offer this for OEL I posted this on the main board too in the Danault trade thread.

Domi/danault our 1st,2nd and third and Alzner for oel. We clear up some cap and get oel and you guys get to replenish your lost picks and get one of Domi or danault. Alzner can be bought out as soon as next year too.

Habs can afford to trade all these picks and even after this trade the Habs still have 11 freaking picks this draft.

EDIT

If you guys want more picks we need a big young Winger to play on our top two lines I don't know the Yotes team/rookies so let me know what you guys think.
You can keep Domi. The Coyotes do not want him back, just a couple of posters do.

Reactions: CLW and BigJCaRoach

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

EDIT

EDIT

I would absolutely do this, yes. There are only two issues I see; first, not sure OEL would waive his NMC for Montreal and second, not sure Domi would be happy coming back here.

Not saying Montreal isn’t a good team and a great city. OEL just strikes me as a more low-profile kind of guy. If he’s willing, I’d definitely do the deal.

As for Domi, if he makes to clear he would not be happy re-signing in AZ, that Danault certainly works as a replacement for me, assuming Montreal is okay with that.

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
I would absolutely do this, yes. There are only two issues I see; first, not sure OEL would waive his NMC for Montreal and second, not sure Domi would be happy coming back here.

Not saying Montreal isn’t a good team and a great city. OEL just strikes me as a more low-profile kind of guy. If he’s willing, I’d definitely do the deal.

As for Domi, if he makes to clear he would not be happy re-signing in AZ, that Danault certainly works as a replacement for me, assuming Montreal is okay with that.
Yup I'm fine with this deal I also think having price and Weber to take most of the heat off oel should help. If Domi doesn't want to go back then danault works for us.

rt

May 13, 2004
Yup I'm fine with this deal I also think having price and Weber to take most of the heat off oel should help. If Domi doesn't want to go back then danault works for us.
Danault is good because he can provide cover for Dvorak and Hayton for another season. If he looks like a long term fit, he’s not too old to offer a 5 year extension to. If he doesn’t like it here or it’s not working out like we hope, or the contract doesn’t make sense for one side or the other, he’s a valuable trade chip for the next draft.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Domi/danault our 1st,2nd and third and Alzner for oel.
I think there needs to be more meat. Especially if Alzner is coming our way. You're basically trading for OEL at 5M at that point. And I can't imagine Alzner would go cheap. Habs are swimming in cash and can bury him. How's Meruelo feel about that?

Other complications that potentially stop this dead, imo: Domi already left town in odd circumstances. I'd love to have him back, but is he interested? Option B, Danault doesn't have a contract. Hard to think we're his top destination. But I'd personally love to add him, too.

OEL, Fischer for Domi/Danault, Kulak ($), Poehling, 1st

Everything there is completely expendable for MTL. Poehling doesn't have top 6 upside, imo, but I think he's an eventual 3C. Kulak is in a different league than OEL on the left side. I could also see us taking a flier on whoever MTL is lowest on of: Juulsen, Fleury, Brook. MTL doesn't have room for all those guys on the time table they need to work them in, imo. Somebody there is expendable, and none of them look to be top pairing D, imo.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Would Danault be the guy then? is my offer good enough? does it make sense for you guys?
Nope. Only one year left on his contract before he becomes a UFA. Alzner is done. You have to do better than that.

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
I think there needs to be more meat. Especially if Alzner is coming our way. You're basically trading for OEL at 5M at that point. And I can't imagine Alzner would go cheap. Habs are swimming in cash and can bury him. How's Meruelo feel about that?

Other complications that potentially stop this dead, imo: Domi already left town in odd circumstances. I'd love to have him back, but is he interested? Option B, Danault doesn't have a contract. Hard to think we're his top destination. But I'd personally love to add him, too.

OEL, Fischer for Domi/Danault, Kulak ($), Poehling, 1st

Everything there is completely expendable for MTL. Poehling doesn't have top 6 upside, imo, but I think he's an eventual 3C. Kulak is in a different league than OEL on the left side. I could also see us taking a flier on whoever MTL is lowest on of: Juulsen, Fleury, Brook. MTL doesn't have room for all those guys on the time table they need to work them in, imo. Somebody there is expendable, and none of them look to be top pairing D, imo.
I think habs will keep any Rd prospect at this point since our right side is aging in Weber and petry but the deal you proposed I don't mind too much.

Danault only cares about having the chance to play a more offensive role which we can't provide with Suzuki and kk down the middle.

rt

May 13, 2004
Probably the best draft since 2015. We need some picks.
You think so? It seems like not bad, not great, kinda typical draft.

Bob’s rankings have a bunch of guys I like between 40-80 but there are a bunch of guys before and within they range that I don’t like. So while I want to call it deep because I see guys I like rates lower than I’d expect, I don’t know that it’s because there are so many good players, you know?

rt

May 13, 2004
Hey guys! Great news! We’re hiring one of the giants of the scouting community! Bill Armstrong! Right before the draft!

YAAAAYYYY!!!!

...we don’t have a pick until the 4th round...

Cuz John Chayka.

Hey John Chayka! f*** YOU!!! YA PIECE A SHIT!!!

rt

May 13, 2004
Armstrong is a draft guru. He likely has specific preferences.

Chayka ran a bare-bones, video-heavy, counter-culture scouting department that rubbed a ton of people around the league the wrong way. I'd say there's little chance he keeps many, if any of what Chayka built from an amateur scouting perspective. I think this means Hofford, Goldberg and others are on borrowed time.

At the very Since he likely trusts his own draft opinions more than theirs, I can't see him trading the team's best assets for draft picks that Hofford & Co. get to use on their way out. Expect us to stock up on a TON of 2021 picks.

As much as it pains me to say it, we won't have a rooting interest in this historic draft. Nothing to cheer for this year.

Reactions: hbk

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
You'll get a much better return with 2021 picks anyway. You can't possibly buy a pick at higher costs than during the next few weeks into the draft.

rt

May 13, 2004
You'll get a much better return with 2021 picks anyway. You can't possibly buy a pick at higher costs than during the next few weeks into the draft.
Agreed. It's also possible he simply prioritizes guys picked in the last couple of drafts that he likes a lot. Those are generally ridiculously expensive, too, though. For the same reasons every fan thinks their last three drafts were great. A premium generally has to be paid for these players. Unless, of course, you're dealing with John Chayka. In which case they're dished out like candy to trick-or-treaters. Damn that guy sucks.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->