Player Discussion 2020 NHL Entry Draft, Pick 22: Capitals select Hendrix Lapierre, C, Chicoutimi Saguenéens / QMJHL

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
The last scrimmage is tomorrow at noon.

It's still early and you never know what might happen in camp when it comes to trades or injuries. It depends on what they need. How desperate are they for scoring potential and finishing ability? They've rushed players in the past so it can't be ruled out. Ideally he probably needs more time to physically mature and refine his game further but circumstances can change that rather quickly. Like I said, I expect him to eventually ramp it up when games matter and he'll probably have an easier time doing so in the tournament as Canada carries play throughout. There's another month yet of games and practices. If he has another strong tournament maybe that spearheads a good strong and it snowballs. I suspect he'll produce just fine as he always has. It's more of a question of details and whether the production outweighs some of those weaker areas.

Reactions: Rayquaza64

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
So, from what I am reading is that team Canada is making their first 16 cuts immediately after today's noon game. I think it's safe to say that Lapierre would need a big game today to be considered safe for at least this round of cuts.

Capagonia

Oct 20, 2009
VA
First game back for Chicoutimi after multiple pauses. Hendrix is not in the lineup, assuming he’s likely still in quarantine after returning from Caps camp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad