GDT: 2020 NHL DRAFT

Status
Not open for further replies.

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
A pretty nice haul all and all. Some of the picks will get a chance to play together and build chemistry, maybe even help each other develop. And there certainly will be some competition among the defense.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
He's 6'1" 181 lbs and is said to be a good skater, not his father but he is a right handed grinder that plays hard. We will see what he develops into at Miami of Ohio. We took some college development guys, when you have this many picks you want to slow the decisions on some of these guys. You can do that with Europeans and College kids to some extent in terms of stashing them at times and really evaluating them. You want some of these kids on different time lines, I think we have done a good job of that in Yzerman's first two drafts, he is restocking well thus far for me.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
The Canes really do basically draft the way huge percentages of this board agrees with. It is kind of amazing and this is with the guy that floundered so badly in Atlanta...

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
The Canes really do basically draft the way huge percentages of this board agrees with. It is kind of amazing and this is with the guy that floundered so badly in Atlanta...
Yeah, I'm almost convinced they read this board. Their picks, every single one, was someone I knew and wanted the Wings to draft (save Jarvis). With Jarmo, at least, you know he's not reading off of someone else's notes!

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007

It seems like the last couple drafts they seem to have a generally agreed upon "good" or even "great" draft going by the prospects board or users on this site who are more prospect/ draft oriented

It makes me wonder what their process is like

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
So... twelve picks: five defenders, one center, one goalie, five wingers.

Drapes picking his son rose some eyebrows and for me, them not going earlier for a goalie was a slight surprise. Also, one center, five wingers? Didn't expect to see that... but over all, I'm really happy, especially with the defenders they selected.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga

They have Eric Tulsky high up in their FO so I imagine they're using a prospect model of some sort of make their selections. A lot of their picks line up with my simple model so I imagine they have a much more refined one with data from Instat. Canes, Leafs, and Kings have cleaned up the past 2 drafts and I think their analytical departments have a lot to do with it.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
They have Eric Tulsky high up in their FO so I imagine they're using a prospect model of some sort of make their selections. A lot of their picks line up with my simple model so I imagine they have a much more refined one with data from Instat. Canes, Leafs, and Kings have cleaned up the past 2 drafts and I think their analytical departments have a lot to do with it.

The leafs have cleaned up? How do you figure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->