GDT: 2020 NHL DRAFT

Status
Not open for further replies.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
This draft-day has gone on longer than usual, right?

I think they're given every team the full 5 minutes to make a pick so it's made the draft really run long.

I also really need to see the scouting report on Kyle Aucoin as he has nothing that makes him jump out as even a potential AAAA type player. With the forwards left on the board this is the first pick I really dislike.

Reactions: Sir Savage the 21st

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
Aucoin has me stumped. Feels like a reach even in the 6th round. But it's a 6th rounder so it doesn't really matter? I feel very confused, both by the pick and how to feel.

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
Aucoin has NHL bloodlines and he turned 18 in July. Roll the dice with genetics.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Hey there’s some info, cool

They said he was on a deep blue line, buried behind 2 other guys. Said he is a good skater, and competes. But is inconsistent and not sure about his puck poise/decisions.

Also said he definitely does not have a shot like his dad.

Reactions: Martinez

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
They said he was on a deep blue line, buried behind 2 other guys. Said he is a good skater, and competes. But is inconsistent and not sure about his puck poise/decisions.

Also said he definitely does not have a shot like his dad.

Lottery ticket on a guy with some tools, character and some good genes with a long runway to develop at Harvard.

I think this is a pretty shrewd pick by our scouts. It might not work out but I like what they are gambling on with this pick.

I really liked Langenbrunner's kid for this kind of pick late, shame Boston got their grubby paws on him.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Lottery ticket on a guy with some tools, character and some good genes with a long runway to develop at Harvard.

I think this is a pretty shrewd pick by our scouts. It might not work out but I like what they are gambling on with this pick.

Long term developmental pick. Give him a change to fill out and see what you got.

FabricDetails

I know enough to know I know nothing
Mar 30, 2009
Yzerman and Draper will speak on the draft at 7:30 on the Red Wings YouTube page. I wish they would include Hakan on it too.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

I really liked Langenbrunner's kid for this kind of pick late, shame Boston got their grubby paws on him.

Same, I often grabbed Mason in that draft sim site.

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
Well, five defenders chosen and a lot of them look like great prospects. I like it!

But waiting until the middle of Round Four to draft a goalie is something I did not expect this year. I thought we'd get one a little sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->