2020 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
So what's the best chance for us to not look like complete losers w/r/t Ottawa? What's the lowest the sharks/Ottawa pick can be?

Is a scenario like this possible?

Buffalo wins lottery, Detroit second, Ottawa 3rd (own pick)?

Harbessix

Jun 2, 2010
Halifax, NS
So what's the best chance for us to not look like complete losers w/r/t Ottawa? What's the lowest the sharks/Ottawa pick can be?

I believe Ottawa’s worst case scenario is picking 5th and 6th

Reactions: themelkman

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario

With there own pick they can pick any where from 1st to 5th. With the sharks pick they can pick 1st to 6th.

The Ice Hockey Dude

Ack! Thbbft!
Jul 18, 2003
Lost in the SW!
For me Jones admitted that he needs to work on his game, etc. He's an NHL/Pro
so i'm concerned that his game got that far down the hole so to speak. This tells
us something about his mindset, etc.... and it's not positive. Stated another way
all NHL/Pros are expected to maintain/sustain their respective games/level of
play on the ice. This includes on ice and off ice work, preparation, training, etc.
I don't care how much work he's had, he still needs to maintain
his game/level of play better than he has the last 2 seasons. He needs work on the
mental side of being an NHL goalie.

Harbessix

Jun 2, 2010
Halifax, NS
I’m likely in the minority but I wouldn’t even mind taking Evangelista with the late first as I think he is much better than his ranking would suggest, however in a perfect world it would be Foerster with the late first and Evangelista with the early second. Khusnutdinov would be an adequate substitute should that not come to fruition.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
I’m likely in the minority but I wouldn’t even mind taking Evangelista with the late first as I think he is much better than his ranking would suggest, however in a perfect world it would be Foerster with the late first and Evangelista with the early second. Khusnutdinov would be an adequate substitute should that not come to fruition.
I would not be very happy if we took him with our first, as I think his stats are pretty inflated given the quality of the team around him, though I do think London does a good job of developing guys at every skill level

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I think in some other draft years, you could argue for an Evangelista level player to go early in the 2nd but I feel like that 20-50 range is a tad crowded this year. I imagine not having any playoffs or WCs made it tough for that range of players to really separate themselves.

Harbessix

Jun 2, 2010
Halifax, NS
I would not be very happy if we took him with our first, as I think his stats are pretty inflated given the quality of the team around him, though I do think London does a good job of developing guys at every skill level
Agreed, London has a tendency to pump out prospects that contribute in some form at the NHL level. Foerster is definitely my guy though, nothing I don’t like about his game.

Reactions: Groo

boredatwork

Oct 7, 2013
Forester would be a solid pick-up with the late first. I think the only real knock on him is skating and that never scares the Sharks away. They might be able to scoop him up with their early second too.

I think the org takes a long look at Ridly Greig in the 2nd round as he has the potential to become a skilled pest.

If Hendrix Lapierre is available in the late first, he might be too hard to pass up as a boom-bust prospect. Would you rather gamble on Lapierre or Nybeck?

Would love to hear more opinions on Marat. Is he more of a skilled 3C or 2C?

Reactions: themelkman

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Forester would be a solid pick-up with the late first. I think the only real knock on him is skating and that never scares the Sharks away. They might be able to scoop him up with their early second too.

I think the org takes a long look at Ridly Greig in the 2nd round as he has the potential to become a skilled pest.

If Hendrix Lapierre is available in the late first, he might be too hard to pass up as a boom-bust prospect. Would you rather gamble on Lapierre or Nybeck?

Would love to hear more opinions on Marat. Is he more of a skilled 3C or 2C?
Tbh all I have is scouting profiles but it sounds like he could be a strong top 6 player if things pan out. Hard working player, good skater, good puck skills, good defensively, and huge hockey IQ but he's only 5'10" and the actually production is just alright. Someone was comparing it to how Aho was viewed at the time where his profile is to die for but his size made him a question mark.

My bias would say I'd rather go with Nybeck but I think Lapierre is objectively the better pick and I read something about how his trio of concussions was actually just a single misdiagnosed neck thing. So injury concerns may actually be a nonfactor.

Ja Sports

May 6, 2020
Fresh new hype reel for Connor Zary - absolute workhorse of a player

Hope you guys enjoy :) more videos on lesser known players are coming soon

jarr92

May 7, 2013
What is the lowest the Sharks can pick in Tampa loses in the 1st round? Sorry if this has been asked, didn't see it.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
What is the lowest the Sharks can pick in Tampa loses in the 1st round? Sorry if this has been asked, didn't see it.
I think it’s like 25 but it would take 4 teams lower In points% than Tampa Being in the conference finals, which would push Boston and St. Louis down first and then Tampa.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I think it’s like 25 but it would take 4 teams lower In points% than Tampa Being in the conference finals, which would push Boston and St. Louis down first and then Tampa.

This playoff is such a horrible choice for the draft.

Tampa can still finish top seed in the east lol or they can finish 4th in the east. Depending on the play in games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->