Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
You won’t see a goalie drafted for like 4-5 years and the first sign of trouble the lot of you will complain about drafting him and demand we draft or trade for another one.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
So what do we do with Lafreniere, Hughes, and Nico?

Toss me on the wing? May as well I suppose.

Though Zacha and Bratt will be here for a bit. So that's cool.

Butcher as our 1LD, Ty as the 2, Sevs as the 1RD, PK as the 2, and get it on, bang a gong, as the rest will surely bode well for the 23y/o great athletic hope.

Last edited:
Reactions: glenwo2

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Connor Zary and Dawson Mercer are two interesting players who might be available if the Devils grab another 1st in a trade.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
If we draft another center and I’m not saying we don’t take the BPA, we could have a problem. We don’t need 3 top centers, unless if Nico is no longer considered top 2 or do we trade him for defense? Tough call!

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
If we draft another center and I’m not saying we don’t take the BPA, we could have a problem. We don’t need 3 top centers, unless if Nico is no longer considered top 2 or do we trade him for defense? Tough call!

It’s not a tough call at all... we take the best prospect, regardless of the position and figure it out later.

The Pens had Crosby, Malkin and they still picked Staal. They moved him later on for a package to suit their needs.

If we pick another center, he might turn out to be better then Nico or Hughes, we don’t know, making one of our current centers available.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
name a team for what? Are you really insinuating that a team can have too many centers?
That's exactly what I was insinuating. Until I was corrected on our shiny new star winger's position.

Same thing I said about Zacha pre-season. Sell high or use him to the best of his abilities.

NJDevs86

Nov 4, 2018
Orlando, Florida
Name a team that has 3 star centers.

Unless of course you think Nico's ceiling is Zajacesque

Pittsburgh had Crosby, Malkin and Staal. All high picks, won a cup. Jordan Staal is a good player and a key center on Carolina before we say he isn’t a star.

Strength down the middle is the best problem to have. Arnott, Gomez, Madden, Holik. Hughes, Hischier, Zacha and maybe McLeod coming is a good start.

If BPA is a center then flip Zacha to wing. He has shown he can play there.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Name a team that has 3 star centers.

Unless of course you think Nico's ceiling is Zajacesque

every team is built differently. There is no set way to win as far as roster make-up is concerned.

and as someone mentioned, the Penguins took Staal even when they had Malkin/Crosby. Are we acting as if we couldn't have Hughes play on the wing...?

You should never, EVER pass on the best talent because he plays center instead of wing (or whatever). At the top of the draft, you always pick the best player.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
every team is built differently. There is no set way to win as far as roster make-up is concerned.

and as someone mentioned, the Penguins took Staal even when they had Malkin/Crosby. Are we acting as if we couldn't have Hughes play on the wing...?

You should never, EVER pass on the best talent because he plays center instead of wing (or whatever). At the top of the draft, you always pick the best player.

Staal was also Shero’s first draft pick for the Penguins (though he should have taken Toews), so he isn’t afraid of 3 good centers.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Pittsburgh had Crosby, Malkin and Staal. All high picks, won a cup. Jordan Staal is a good player and a key center on Carolina before we say he isn’t a star.

Strength down the middle is the best problem to have. Arnott, Gomez, Madden, Holik. Hughes, Hischier, Zacha and maybe McLeod coming is a good start.

If BPA is a center then flip Zacha to wing. He has shown he can play there.
You're argument for 3 star centers in the last 20 years is Jordan Staal, and John Madden?

son-compressed.jpg

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn

The closest Hughes should ever come to a wing is with a 2 piece and a biscuit

And you never pass on BPA, but you certainly use it as trade bait.

Reactions: Blackjack

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
imagine picking an INFERIOR player because you have 2 other young players who are also good but play the same position

whew boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad