Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Looks like they need to target Dmen & Wingers in this draft but obviously if BPA is another Center they should go with it.....can always move a Center to the Wing anyways.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Zegras will be better than Byfield imo. Byfield is huge compared to his peers once he gets to NHL that advantage will go away.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
Zegras will be better than Byfield imo. Byfield is huge compared to his peers once he gets to NHL that advantage will go away.
Assuming Anaheim's biggest longterm need is a 1C, I'd comfortably pick Byfield over Zegras to fill that void. Byfield is a 6'4", 220lb man-child who turned 17 a month ago. But to say he dominates due to size alone would discredit his incredible skating and stick-handling.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Zegras is a more creative passer but Byfield does everything else better. I have never seen somebody as big as Byfield skate like he does it is completely absurd.

Reactions: Doothpick

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I so desperately would love to have a Byfield-Zegras-Steel center core for the next 10 years.
Im okay with
Zegras-steel- lundy- groulx

I think we need to look at those potential elite wingers to go along side terry rakell comtois jones kase ritchie tracey. A guy like raymond or holtz would be nice.

I also really like drysdale or barron... adding 1 of them to lindholm fowler and manson would be huge.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Im okay with

I think we need to look at those potential elite wingers to go along side terry rakell comtois jones kase ritchie tracey. A guy like raymond or holtz would be nice.

I also really like drysdale or barron... adding 1 of them to lindholm fowler and manson would be huge.

Drysdale should be the guy if we are looking for a defender. Barron reminds me so much of Fowler and I don't know if this board could handle another Cam.

Lukas Cormier is a Q defender I like a fair amount. Talented skater and playmaker.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Drysdale should be the guy if we are looking for a defender. Barron reminds me so much of Fowler and I don't know if this board could handle another Cam.

Lukas Cormier is a Q defender I like a fair amount. Talented skater and playmaker.
If his dad is Don Drysdale he should be a hitting machine.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Im okay with

I’d love to get Drysdale or Barron, if we’re picking around 9 again, we’d be in a prime spot to get one of them. If we can’t get Lafreniere/Byfield/Raymond/Perfetti, I’d prefer to go defense for sure.

Last edited:

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
I’d love to get Drysdale or Barron, if we’re picking around 9 again, we’d be in a prime spot to get one of them. If we can’t get Lafreniere/Byfield/Raymond/Perfetti, I’d prefer to go defense for sure.

Not sure if we would be able to get Drysdale that late. So far the D in this draft isn’t as hyped as the forwards, similar to last year. He’s probably on the Makar level so likely too 5-7.

Anyone watch Russian leagues and know about this Shakir fellow? Dude is listed at nearly 6’4 on TSN and hearing that he might be another Chabot.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
Not really related, but Drysdale went out for 23 years with the common cold in one of my EHM saves, effectively ending his career. As much as I'd love to have him on the team as I think he's the best RHD in this class, I'm also going to laugh so hard if we get him.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Not really related, but Drysdale went out for 23 years with the common cold in one of my EHM saves, effectively ending his career. As much as I'd love to have him on the team as I think he's the best RHD in this class, I'm also going to laugh so hard if we get him.
His dad Don Drysdale liked to bean people with the ball on the LA Dodgers. LA Kings will get him lol.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
We need the following with our first pick RHD, a SHOOTER or LHD in that order. If we can land someone like Caufield that would be amazing we need more shooters that can score and 1 time the puck.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
Im okay with

Top 3 centers all on the smaller side is asking for for many mismatches
One of those 3 should get traded for a top 4 dman. Hopefully not Zegras

Reactions: Kariya 9

AustrianDuck

Aug 3, 2018
Graz, Austria
I´d love to get Marco Rossi because he is an austrian, just like me. Had a real good season in Ottawa last year and 6 points in 3 games this year. Hope he can keeps it up. He is a center but think he can play the left wing too. Would be a small and much more skilled player than Comtois, Ritchie or Jones.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Top 3 centers all on the smaller side is asking for for many mismatches
One of those 3 should get traded for a top 4 dman. Hopefully not Zegras
While I agree a bit, its kinda what we have at the moment. I don't really expect em all to be on the team together... its just nice to have some potential center depth. But id agree wed need to find a lil size down the middle to go with the skill.

Groulx is a little bigger(6'2 and will prob fill out around 210-215). I think well have fairly good size on wing(at least left side). I think lundy will play bigger than he is when hes comfortable at nhl leve.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Lafreniere and Byfield seem to be on another level this draft.
For sure, I think they are their own tier, with Raymond, Holtz, and Perfetti one below them, and then everyone else. If we can get one of those 5 forwards, I'd be pleased, if not, I hope we end up with Barron , Drysdale, or Schneider, provided we aren't a playoff team this year.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I believe we're a playoff team. So we're picking in the 20s again. I see Helge Grans putting up points. In 11 games this season, he's got 10 points, all assists. The 10 points has him tied for 3rd in team scoring. I really don't know much else aside from his physicals of 6'3, 192 pounds, and shoots right-handed. He's listed as a B-type player from the PDF provided by NHL CSS above.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
I believe we're a playoff team. So we're picking in the 20s again. I see Helge Grans putting up points. In 11 games this season, he's got 10 points, all assists. The 10 points has him tied for 3rd in team scoring. I really don't know much else aside from his physicals of 6'3, 192 pounds, and shoots right-handed. He's listed as a B-type player from the PDF provided by NHL CSS above.
A name to keep an eye on, for sure. There's a nice crop of second-tier defensemen who will likely be available in the late first and second rounds.

Pronman: 2020 NHL Draft -- Ranking the top prospects
This is Pronman's updated draft rankings from today.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
Can you post the list here, I don't have access :(
Fairly certain posting the full list would trigger the HF overlords, so I'll post the top-5, defensemen, and Finnish player(s). How's that for a compromise?

1. Lafreniere
2. Byfield
3. Holtz
4. Raymond
5. Askarov

7. Drysdale
12. Barron
15. Poirier
16. Guhle
21. Sanderson

13. Lundell

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
I absolutely love Byfield to man-crush levels, but it's clear I didn't give Lafreniere anywhere near enough credit. Dude is a monster, I know it's VERY early, but he's at 34 in 13 games and I could see him challenging McDavid's pace in his draft year as well. And as far as I know, there's no prospect who is the potential equivalent of DeBrincat as a teammate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad