Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
Seems like a win win year for us. We either make playoffs or we get a shot at a great player. Either way our team should improve considerably.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
We don`t have 4th (Deslauriers) and 7th (Del Zotto). Deslauriers trade is really a head scratching one but oh well

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I'll raise you with Dragan Umicevic, followed by Dmytro Timashov and Max Görtz... :)
I'm guessing they are as Swedish as Barkov is Finnish. Barkov counting as Finnish only because his dad a Russian hockey player was playing in a Finnish league at the time, he really should be playing for team russia instead of finland. Finns don't like Russians. In WW2 the Finns kicked Russias butt & the Russians retreated from further invasions of Finland despite Russia outnumbering them like 1000 to 1, the greatest soldier of WW2 was a Finn who killed like 500+ soviets while being only 5'3 in height Simo Häyhä - Wikipedia - This is why Finns are like modern Spartans.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I'm guessing they are as Swedish as Barkov is Finnish. Barkov counting as Finnish only because his dad a Russian hockey player was playing in a Finnish league at the time, he really should be playing for team russia instead of finland. Finns don't like Russians. In WW2 the Finns kicked Russias butt & the Russians retreated from further invasions of Finland despite Russia outnumbering them like 1000 to 1, the greatest soldier of WW2 was a Finn who killed like 500+ soviets while being only 5'3 in height Simo Häyhä - Wikipedia - This is why Finns are like modern Spartans.

One Finn doth not make a whole clad of Spartans. Simo is the White Death and no one else carries that name. Simo did what the Spartans and others with the Spartans at the pass couldn't... Hold. LoL

Similarly, there's only one Finnish Flash, Teemu Selanne. Not all Finns are will be come Teemu's.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
You are teaching Wikipedia Finnish history to an actual Finn.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
One Finn doth not make a whole clad of Spartans. Simo is the White Death and no one else carries that name. Simo did what the Spartans and others with the Spartans at the pass couldn't... Hold. LoL

Similarly, there's only one Finnish Flash, Teemu Selanne. Not all Finns are will be come Teemu's.
They get the most out of a small population, producing high per capita NHL prospects like how in war they were so heavily outnumbered but per capita their soldiers were better than most.
Had he not been injured the way he was he could have taken up ice hockey & gotten quite good at it with his accuracy/vision skill set based on how he never used a scope to do what he did.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
I'm guessing they are as Swedish as Barkov is Finnish. Barkov counting as Finnish only because his dad a Russian hockey player was playing in a Finnish league at the time, he really should be playing for team russia instead of finland.

Well, he was raised in Finland so I would say he's pretty Finnish. Russia never even invited him to play for them. End of OT.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
Lucas Raymond had a better showing yesterday than Alexander Holtz, though both players didn't particularly stand out.

Whereas the 2019 draft had an abundance of centers at the top-end, the 2020 draft has an abundance of wingers/defensemen at the top-end. Raymond, Holtz, and Gunler (who I think is unfairly overshadowed by the former two) are impressive wingers coming out of the SHL. Drysdale, Barron, and Schneider are impressive right shot defensemen.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Lucas Raymond had a better showing yesterday than Alexander Holtz, though both players didn't particularly stand out.

Whereas the 2019 draft had an abundance of centers at the top-end, the 2020 draft has an abundance of wingers/defensemen at the top-end. Raymond, Holtz, and Gunler (who I think is unfairly overshadowed by the former two) are impressive wingers coming out of the SHL. Drysdale, Barron, and Schneider are impressive right shot defensemen.

Ideally id love to get 1 of Barron or Drysdale... there is a # of RHD in this draft in first 2 rounds... so hopefully we can snag 1.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Ideally id love to get 1 of Barron or Drysdale... there is a # of RHD in this draft in first 2 rounds... so hopefully we can snag 1.

Would love it if we got another first rounder at a reasonable price. For example, getting one of the Swedish wingers + one of the top RHD in Barron/Drysdale/Grans would be huge for our prospect pool.

Would not be disappointed if we ended up with a Perfetti type center though.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Barron had a nice read and hit on fareebee.... i like what i see from barron already

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Cole Perfetti had a nice game against the Swedes in Hlinka tournament scoring 2 goals during regulation and 3 during the shootout to win the game. He seems like a player with high IQ and great hands, seems like he knows where the puck is going to be and is there on time. This draft is looking quite incredible right now.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Highly touted German prospect Tim Stützle made his pro debut in the Euro champions league. Had a nice PP goal, video here (1:01 onwards).

FWIW, he signed a multi-year contract with Adler Mannheim in the German elite league. Seems like he plans on staying there, instead of coming over to Seattle/WHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->