Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Well, if you count my tries last night, let's just say Bob wouldn't be doubting my leadership skills. :laugh:
I simmed twice, and ended up with 1st overall both times... I don't want to try again.

But its an omen, consider Lafreniere ours.

Update.... I clicked it again and landed on Anaheim

3/3, but for real now im stopping

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Feels like the hardest decision for this team would be from #3. If Laf and Byfield are already gone (god I hope the Kings don't have a top 2), Stuetzle would be a great add; a possible tandem of him and Zegras could be magic. The next Paul and Teemu? But a possible stud RD like Drysdale, after already acquiring Andersson, could set up the right side for a few years if Manson hasn't played himself out of Anaheim by then.

However if they fall outside top 4 with all 4 of those guys gone, then who? We know they like Swedes a lot so one of Lundell/Raymond wouldn't be shocking. Perfetti sounds like he has top-line talent as does Rossi, but BM doesn't seem like a fan of undersized guys. Holtz is also intriguing.

If he still has the BOS pick after the TDL, he better do everything in his power to move up from there, since it'll most likely be higher than 26/27.

Lundell is Finnish though ;) (yes, I just had to correct that one).

I agree with the problematic situation if the Ducks pick 3rd, although it is a positive problem. I also would have tough time passing Rossi who is just full of talent and if he wasn't that small he would be fighting for 2nd spot. Stutzle would be a safe pick at 3rd IMO as he has talent but isn't tiny.

I hope that in the later rounds Ducks take overager David Aebischer. Switzerland develops interesting defence prospects and Aebischer is going to be drafted this year for sure and he seems like a safe bet based on his performance this year.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
The TSN Deadline crew, especially Button, isn't sure Byfield will go top 3. They were raving about Stutzle. Ferraro likened him to a bigger Pat Kane.

PuckProspects

Jul 23, 2018
Stutzle is my number 2. Byfield might be a better fit for the Ducks considering Stutzle is a lot like Zegras, but Stutzle has so much talent and speed to his game.

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
Lundell is Finnish though ;) (yes, I just had to correct that one).

I agree with the problematic situation if the Ducks pick 3rd, although it is a positive problem. I also would have tough time passing Rossi who is just full of talent and if he wasn't that small he would be fighting for 2nd spot. Stutzle would be a safe pick at 3rd IMO as he has talent but isn't tiny.

I hope that in the later rounds Ducks take overager David Aebischer. Switzerland develops interesting defence prospects and Aebischer is going to be drafted this year for sure and he seems like a safe bet based on his performance this year.
Yeah I confused him with Alexander Holtz. He's the Swede that pairs with Raymond. Neither of them would be a bad pick though.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Yeah I confused him with Alexander Holtz. He's the Swede that pairs with Raymond. Neither of them would be a bad pick though.

Yes, I've been excited about Holtz for long but if the Ducks are drafting in top 5, I think there will be better options available than him, but if they get a lower pick, then he starts to look more tempting. Raymond is also cool but I'm just more interested in Holtz.

Reactions: DigiDuck

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I dont like taking goalies early, and we have Gibson. But yaroslav askarov is gonna be a superstar goalie.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
especially a russian goalie. like on the list of things this organization needs, that's on the very bottom.
Considering 2 of the best goalies or on the way to be the best goalies are Russian right now not sure what you mean by that

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
Indeed they are but I'd prefer something else than a goalie.
I'd definitely concur, honestly. BPA is a good rule to hold to -- pick the best player and you can always deal out of a position of strength later if things get jammed -- but goalies are a different case just because of how hard it is to move them for decent returns.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Considering 2 of the best goalies or on the way to be the best goalies are Russian right now not sure what you mean by that
Well seeing as bob doesnt draft russians and we have a goalie now and one in the pipeline; we don’t really need a russian goalie. Yeah we could draft him and treat him as an tradeable asset, but the return would probably not be worth it.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
I'd definitely concur, honestly. BPA is a good rule to hold to -- pick the best player and you can always deal out of a position of strength later if things get jammed -- but goalies are a different case just because of how hard it is to move them for decent returns.

That's how I see it too. Late first ok but not in the top 10.

Well seeing as bob doesnt draft russians and we have a goalie now and one in the pipeline; we don’t really need a russian goalie. Yeah we could draft him and treat him as an tradeable asset, but the return would probably not be worth it.

I don't think that has a lot to do with Bob. The draft is Maddens business. They still have Konstantin Krylov as a scout and I think they could have drafted Podkolzin if the draft last year went differently.

Reactions: eternalbedhead
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
That's how I see it too. Late first ok but not in the top 10.

I don't think that has a lot to do with Bob. The draft is Maddens business. They still have Konstantin Krylov as a scout and I think they could have drafted Podkolzin if the draft last year went differently.

I feel for that guy. He's been there for 12 drafts and they've listened to him exactly once. On the other hand, that's a pretty easy paycheck.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Play styles

Lafreniere - Crosby/Pastrnak mix
Byfield - Malkin
Stutzle - Marner
Drysdale - Doughty

Reactions: Trojans86

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Not sure about Drysdale tho. He has Fowlers numbers in the OHL and is a lot smaller (therefore the comparison to Doughty seems way off). I`m worrying Drysdale might be hyped up because he is the one D in F heavy draft. Sort of like Haydn Fleaury was, maybe to a lesser extent.
But Lafreniere, Byfield, Stutzle is very often thrown around as a top trio in this draft and I would absolutely be happy to get our hands on one.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Not sure about Drysdale tho. He has Fowlers numbers in the OHL and is a lot smaller (therefore the comparison to Doughty seems way off). I`m worrying Drysdale might be hyped up because he is the one D in F heavy draft. Sort of like Haydn Fleaury was, maybe to a lesser extent.
But Lafreniere, Byfield, Stutzle is very often thrown around as a top trio in this draft and I would absolutely be happy to get our hands on one.
Im hoping we get 1 of laf byfield or stutzle... but any of the finns/sweedes would be nice too.

Drysdale i dont know about... i would personally rather grab a rhd with our 2nd or 3rd pick.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Im hoping we get 1 of laf byfield or stutzle... but any of the finns/sweedes would be nice too.

Drysdale i dont know about... i would personally rather grab a rhd with our 2nd or 3rd pick.
Mostly I`m hoping for Byfied. I am a bit scared of the size of most of the top 15 guys. We already have smallish but feisty Zegras, Steel, Tracey - a lot of small guys, adding another to this core will not stand well longterm.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Mostly I`m hoping for Byfied. I am a bit scared of the size of most of the top 15 guys. We already have smallish but feisty Zegras, Steel, Tracey - a lot of small guys, adding another to this core will not stand well longterm.
True, would be nice to have byfield and zegras as our 1 and 2 c

Reactions: d0rkwing
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->