Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Los Patos de Anaheim

Nov 19, 2016
Idaho, USA
If they get Drysdale at #4/#5 they should draft a forward with #30. If they take Stutzle or Holtz, they should go after Justin Barron (Manson+ upside) or Shakir Mukhamadulin (Vatanen/Montour+ upside).

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Well now we have a team to root against, that's always fun. If Boston ends up with the best overall record then the best pick we could end up with is 27th, right? That would require them to lose in the second round.

A nice thing in our favor is I believe they will have to face Tampa in the second round.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Murray loves the marketing and publicity he gets from "acquiring a 1st round pick" but its crap if its the tail end of the 1st. Devils got a real 1st with a good chance to be a top 20 pick.

If we go with Drysdale with the first, there aren't many top flight goal scorers in the end of the 1st. Finishers that I like (Quinn and Mysak) will be long gone. And luckily for us and our swede-leaning reputation (and apparent organizational leaks) a team will draft Helge Grans right before our pick like what happened with Kandre Miller. It's sad seeing your team get outsmarted with frequency.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Murray loves the marketing and publicity he gets from "acquiring a 1st round pick" but its crap if its the tail end of the 1st. Devils got a real 1st with a good chance to be a top 20 pick.

If we go with Drysdale with the first, there aren't many top flight goal scorers in the end of the 1st. Finishers that I like (Quinn and Mysak) will be long gone. And luckily for us and our swede-leaning reputation (and apparent organizational leaks) a team will draft Helge Grans right before our pick like what happened with Kandre Miller. It's sad seeing your team get outsmarted with frequency.
I wouldn't say any first round pick is "crap"

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

Acquiring a first round pick is huge with respect with boom/bust rates. The closer you are to the top-10 picks, you increase your chances of your draft pick succeeding to the NHL. What is sad is that you don't realize we started off with one 1st round pick and now possess a second 1st round pick. That's a valuable asset you didn't possess before the trade.

Anyhow, recall the 2011 NHL draft when the Ducks traded down from 22nd overall to the 30th (last pick in the first round) and 39th pick (2nd round pick). Those two picks were Rakell and Gibson, both NHL All-stars.

As for Helge Grans, he isn't the only defenseman the Ducks could want, but his stock could be rising. Now, here's were that late first rounder can do that we couldn't do before... We can trade up if need be. On most mocks, Helge doesn't exist in the first round. Since his promotion to the SHL, Grans is a simply a defensive d-man such that he has only 2 points in 17 games. What is intriguing is his height (6'3"), shooting hand (Right), and is a good skater. I've always thought Grans was a pick we could have later in the 1st round b/c during the pre-season I thought we'd be playoff bound. LoL

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I get the feeling that since this draft is so forward heavy that drysdale might be getting over valued due to him being the only decent dman in the top 15 or so
Most draft analysts have him better than Byram last year. The forward class sure is good though, so we will be getting a great prospect regardless.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
This draft class is so f***ing good

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Here you go...

i-j98W8ht-M.png

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
Feels like the hardest decision for this team would be from #3. If Laf and Byfield are already gone (god I hope the Kings don't have a top 2), Stuetzle would be a great add; a possible tandem of him and Zegras could be magic. The next Paul and Teemu? But a possible stud RD like Drysdale, after already acquiring Andersson, could set up the right side for a few years if Manson hasn't played himself out of Anaheim by then.

However if they fall outside top 4 with all 4 of those guys gone, then who? We know they like Swedes a lot so one of Lundell/Raymond wouldn't be shocking. Perfetti sounds like he has top-line talent as does Rossi, but BM doesn't seem like a fan of undersized guys. Holtz is also intriguing.

If he still has the BOS pick after the TDL, he better do everything in his power to move up from there, since it'll most likely be higher than 26/27.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad