Prospect Info: 2020 NHL draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
What..... He's still like 10 in my mind.

Stat watching-wise...he hasn't really done a whole lot. Great numbers in midget, but he needs to play in a better league to really gauge his skills.
I bet the Wings pick Kienan in the 4th or later round if he's still on the board. I suppose his dad should be able to judge his abilities pretty well, despite the low quality league he played in.

Would be kinda odd if he threw an early pick at his own son...

Christien

May 1, 2010
Holtz with 2 goals so far. It's never been questioned if this kid can find the back of the net. Stutzle also looked amazing in his game today and so did Raymond. The euro class for 2020 is looking very strong.

Reactions: Konnan511

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Holtz with 2 goals so far. It's never been questioned if this kid can find the back of the net. Stutzle also looked amazing in his game today and so did Raymond. The euro class for 2020 is looking very strong.

If we don't get Alexandria or Quinton, I want Holtz on this team. I've been a massive fan of his for a couple year now.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008

Stutzle is pretty interesting if we finish a little further down than our regular #6 position, say 9 or 10. He's a reason I hope Seider plays in Mannheim, so there's 2 players of interest for my attention.

Christien

May 1, 2010
If we don't get Alexandria or Quinton, I want Holtz on this team. I've been a massive fan of his for a couple year now.
Yeah Holtz is a great player and it's even better that he's a right handed shot as well.
My top 5 looks a little something like this currently:
1. Lafreniere
2. Byfield
3. Raymond
4. Perfetti
5. Holtz
I don't really see the top 3 changing, but I'm really high on Stutzle and think he could definitely get into the top 5 this year. That Swedish kid Wallinder has also looked pretty damn good, granted that it's still really early.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Pretty excited for the OHL season, have some nice viewing opportunities approaching with Byfield visiting Mississauga and Guelph in Sep/Oct. Thankfully I have a team from each conference close by, so I can circle my calendar for Perfetti, Rossi, and Byfield. I'm also pretty hyped on Pytlik with the SOO, and it'll be good to see him without Morgan Frost around.

Hopefully I can get access to NHL CI with OHL included by threatening to cut the cord!

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I don’t know that I have seen this class enough to do a ranking yet.

But here are a few things I know:
-I’m much higher on Drysdale and Lapierre than the consensus. I think I’d rank Drysdale top 5.
-Also higher on Zary and Guehle than what I’ve seen out there.
-Raymond is my favorite among the Swedes/Finns and it’s not close.
-Perfetti is awesome.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
I don’t know that I have seen this class enough to do a ranking yet.

But here are a few things I know:
-I’m much higher on Drysdale and Lapierre than the consensus. I think I’d rank Drysdale top 5.
-Also higher on Zary and Guehle than what I’ve seen out there.
-Raymond is my favorite among the Swedes/Finns and it’s not close.
-Perfetti is awesome.
It's going to be a long year, rankings can change so much from here to June that it's kind of pointless to really do a ranking anyway right now.

On Lapierre, I noticed some chatter about him not producing 5v5... Kind of Rasmussen like complaint we heard so much about. Something to watch.

On Zary, I know he's a late birthday but had he been in last year's draft he would have been in the conversation with the other WHL forwards. I like him more than Stranges, who is consistently been ranked ahead of him on most lists.

Drysdale I must admit I ignore heavily as I want a star forward this year, and I have an eye on Brandt Clarke in 2021.

In Europe I don't know them well, but I have a feeling that Stutzle will rise like Pettersson did, really making this a deep top 10. Good for us who usually pick 6 that there looks possibly 8-9 top 5 talents.

Last edited:

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Askarov is creeping into the top-10, even top-5 conversation. He would be a pretty awesome get, even though I'm usually against picking goalies high. He's going to be Carey Price-level great.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
DRAFTPRO – 2019 HLINKA GRETZKY CUP REVIEW – DRAFT PROSPECTS HOCKEY

Jamie Drysdale (D) – Team Canada – Ranked 7th Overall
The tournament’s top defenseman was this fleet-footed puck mover who is expected to have a big year for Erie in the OHL. He was an integral part of the Canadian offense distributing the puck and running their power play, producing at a point per game pace. The team’s captain was a general on the ice and example of professionalism off it.
McArthur says “Drysdale has killer speed, and he generates an exceptional amount of power off his backwards crossovers. His edges are breath taking and he is arguably the best pure skater in the 2020 draft. His puck distribution was excellent, especially with the slap passes towards the net for tips and his breakout passes. He is excellent at beating the opposition one-on-one and as he tracks down pucks.”

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
The group of forwards that end up being top 10 for this draft looks very deep and potentially a cut above what you would normally get.

Lafreniere, Byfield, Raymond, Holtz, Lundell, Perfetti, Lapierre, Rossi, Stutzle, Gunler, Holloway.

That's a hell of a group. Even the guys who might be in what people consider the "2nd tier" look very impressive to me. I've been getting more acquainted with the guys after Lafreniere, Raymond, and Byfield... and getting Pefetti, Holtz, or Rossi in the 4-10 range seems like a higher caliber forward than most years to me from an early look... Those guys have lots of skill.

Not sure I know enough to say yet, but feels like most of those kids will be wingers, even though some may be listed as centers. I wonder if that will lead to guys who are more complete players to rise like Zary/Lapierre/Perrault, all who I like as well. That will be interesting to see, people always want centers.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Grewe is playing on the same SHL team as Holtz. Seider likely playing with Stutzle. Raymond playing for Frolunda who I believe Hakan is a board member with. Perfetti playing in Saginaw where Osgood is a part owner.

We should see these kids a ton this year.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
DRAFTPRO – 2019 HLINKA GRETZKY CUP REVIEW – DRAFT PROSPECTS HOCKEY

Jamie Drysdale (D) – Team Canada – Ranked 7th Overall
The tournament’s top defenseman was this fleet-footed puck mover who is expected to have a big year for Erie in the OHL. He was an integral part of the Canadian offense distributing the puck and running their power play, producing at a point per game pace. The team’s captain was a general on the ice and example of professionalism off it.
McArthur says “Drysdale has killer speed, and he generates an exceptional amount of power off his backwards crossovers. His edges are breath taking and he is arguably the best pure skater in the 2020 draft. His puck distribution was excellent, especially with the slap passes towards the net for tips and his breakout passes. He is excellent at beating the opposition one-on-one and as he tracks down pucks.”
Too bad he's right handed...

I suppose there are always teams willing to trade a lefty for a righty.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
Too bad he's right handed...

I suppose there are always teams willing to trade a lefty for a righty.
dude handed dont matter . if lafrenire - byfield are gone and i dont like the best remaining center im taking best remaining d and drysdale from what ive read sounds to be feasibly a true #1 . and if it ends up that way our d could be rebuilt instantly with that pick !

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
dude handed dont matter . if lafrenire - byfield are gone and i dont like the best remaining center im taking best remaining d and drysdale from what ive read sounds to be feasibly a true #1 . and if it ends up that way our d could be rebuilt instantly with that pick !

I like Drysdale more than most, but I think this is looking like a year where 80-90% of the top 10 will be dominated by forwards.

So not sure I’d bank on that.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Lafreniere can takeover a game, which is probably the one "skill" that separates him from the others. It's a high skill draft with some solid d-man picks that will probably drop because of the amount of forward talent. Short of a fluke season where Boston and Toronto struggle and we have a better than predicted year, we should get a really good player out of the upcoming draft. I wouldn't mind a #Fail4Lafren year, too ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad