Not open for further replies.

Christien

May 1, 2010
Certainly looks like him to me.

cut.jpg
Yeah it’s gotta be

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Mysak in the 2nd is not gonna happen unless he drops like Kaliyev. I have him going 20 to 25 overall.

I say we grab Simontaival with our early 2nd.

Right now Mysak has already fallen. Coming to the OHL might help him but hes ranked at 50 something on Mackenzies list. Hes definitely possible in the second

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Right now Mysak has already fallen. Coming to the OHL might help him but hes ranked at 50 something on Mackenzies list. Hes definitely possible in the second
I liked him at WJC. I think he has the tools and if his vision and thinking can catch up he'd be a heck of a player. He'd be one forward I'd be ok with at 32.

Reactions: lilidk

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
We're like: people are sleeping on Mysak, maybe we can get him.

Mysak in first period tonight: hold my beer while I score a hat trick and add a couple apples.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZadinaNotBustina

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
Myšák is on fire with Bulldogs, scored his first OHL hattrick. I said that he is locked top 20, in draft. Exactly the same copy of Hertl.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Are we talking about 32 OA? I'd probably take my chances on him falling. There's a number of small skilled forwards available that will fall into the 50-93 range and at 32 I'm looking for a legitimate D most likely.

I love Tullio and hope he makes it into that 60-70 range where we have 3 picks.

Also would love to get Tullio later on in the draft. The OHL is stacked this year.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Given the the likely hood of picking 3-4 overall I would love 1 of Drysdale and one of Stutzle or Byfield (dependant on who went at #2).

3-4 overall this year is really solid I think compared to a lot of years but it would still suck to fall. The one thing that sucks about Drysdale is that hes a righty. Righty D are more rare and worth more in trades but it still sucks already having that as one of the stronger parts of the team going forward right now. All of Lafreniere, Stutzle and Byfield really fill way bigger needseven if Drysdale is a stud dman.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
3-4 overall this year is really solid I think compared to a lot of years but it would still suck to fall. The one thing that sucks about Drysdale is that hes a righty. Righty D are more rare and worth more in trades but it still sucks already having that as one of the stronger parts of the team going forward right now. All of Lafreniere, Stutzle and Byfield really fill way bigger needseven if Drysdale is a stud dman.

I was thinking if we picked Drysdale at #4 we could package say Hronek before ufa deal for a top line winter or a #2c.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Jokke Nevalainen from Dobber released his rankings of European prospects yesterday that has scouting profiles on 45 different European players. Well worth checking out. He has Raymond as the best European skater.

2020 NHL Draft Ranking: European prospects (February 2020)

Thanks for posting that, always good to get a write up on Euro prospects.

This is a kid I had my eye on and was looking for more info on... fits the bill of the forwards Yzerman has drafted so far... also going the NCAA route to allow extra development which we seem to value with this new regime.

https://dobberprospects.com/player/veeti-miettinen/
16. Veeti Miettinen, W – Jr. SM-liiga (K-Espoo) – 5-9, 159 lbs – Draft Range: 30-50​
Jokke Nevalainen: Miettinen broke the Jr. SM-liiga U18 scoring record last season but he had no choice but to return to that league to maintain NCAA eligibility. This season, Miettinen leads the league in goals and points by a wide margin. He is a dominant player who doesn’t have much support around him on a bad team. But he’s doing everything possible to make sure he doesn’t get forgotten even though he’s forced to play in a league that’s beneath him. He has excellent goal-scoring abilities, especially his wrist shot which is deadly, but he’s also a good playmaker. His play without the puck gets often overlooked because of his offensive abilities but he’s a puck-hound who can be used in any situation, including on the penalty kill where he can be a dangerous scoring threat as well.

Reactions: HisNoodliness

Christien

May 1, 2010
Thanks for posting that, always good to get a write up on Euro prospects.

This is a kid I had my eye on and was looking for more info on... fits the bill of the forwards Yzerman has drafted so far... also going the NCAA route to allow extra development which we seem to value with this new regime.

16. Veeti Miettinen, W – Jr. SM-liiga (K-Espoo) – 5-9, 159 lbs – Draft Range: 30-50​
Jokke Nevalainen: Miettinen broke the Jr. SM-liiga U18 scoring record last season but he had no choice but to return to that league to maintain NCAA eligibility. This season, Miettinen leads the league in goals and points by a wide margin. He is a dominant player who doesn’t have much support around him on a bad team. But he’s doing everything possible to make sure he doesn’t get forgotten even though he’s forced to play in a league that’s beneath him. He has excellent goal-scoring abilities, especially his wrist shot which is deadly, but he’s also a good playmaker. His play without the puck gets often overlooked because of his offensive abilities but he’s a puck-hound who can be used in any situation, including on the penalty kill where he can be a dangerous scoring threat as well.
No problem! Miettinen definitely seems like a player the Wings would be targeting and worth keeping an eye on for sure.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
It's a new month which means it's time for a new ranking. I've decided to go to a top 62, I think last time it was only a top 31, as there has finally been some separation and I feel like too many good players would have been left off a top 31 list. I decided to do the ranking based on tiers where any player in the tier I would considered to be "equals". Also, the first 9 players are how I would rank the top 9 of the draft and I currently don't have a top 10. As always this list is based off of almost entirely their stats and then compared to the historical data from each league with age and scoring adjustments made. All the stats were from pick224.

Tier 1Player
1Alexis LafreniereW
Tier 2
2Quinton ByfieldC
3Marco RossiC
4Tim StutzleC
5Lucas RaymondW
Tier 3
6Cole PerfettiW
7Anton LundellC
8Jamie DrysdaleD
9Alexander HoltzW
Tier 4
4Seth JarvisF
4Yarslav AskarovG
4Mavrik BourqueC
4Connor ZaryC
4Jan MysakW
4Jeremie PoirierD
4Zion NybackW
4Noel GunlerW
4Tyson FoersterC
4Jacob PerreaultC
4Lukas CormierD
4Rodion AmirovF
Tier 5
5Veeti MiettinenF
5Ryan O'RourkeD
5Jake SandersonD
5Ryan FrancisW
5Dawson MercerW
5Lukas ReichelW
5Jack QuinnW
5Emil AndraeD
5Roni HirvonenF
5Carter SavoieW
5Martin ChromiakF
5Dylan HollowayW
Tier 6
6Alexander PashinW
6Brett BerardW
6Joel BlmoqvistG
6Luke EvangelistaF
6Hendrix LapierreF
6Alex CottonD
6Sean FarrellF
6Sam ColangeloF
6William VilleneuveD
6Emil HeinemanF
6Connor McClennonF
Tier 7
7Jacob DionD
7Michael BenningD
7Marat KhusnutdinovF
7John-Jason PeterkaF
7William WallinderD
7Kaiden GuhleD
7Tyler TullioF
7Xavier SimoneauF
7Kasper SimontaivalF
7Ridly GreigF
7Ozzy WiesblattF
7Jake NeighboursF
7Roby JarventieF
7Anton JohannessonD
7Oskar MagnussonF
7Thomas BordeleauF
7Justin SourdifF
7Daniil GushchinF
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

And just some observations from my list:

• I think this draft is pretty deep compared to the average draft. There were a number of players I left out of my top 62 that would have likely been there in 2018 or 2019. I think players like Pavel Novak, Braden Schneider, Thomas Niederbach, Dmitri Ovchinnikov, Jean-Luc Foudy, Jaromir Pytlick, Jack Finley, Juuso Maenpaa, Tomi Niku, etc. could have been in the tier 6/7s in those drafts.
  • I'm not a fan of Heldge Grans whatsoever and that may be my biggest contrarian opinion. His point totals are severely inflated from PP production and he has an extremely difficult time defending at ES. Given where he's ranked on most lists I wouldn't touch him. He's someone that would be a 5th round pick or later for me.
  • The biggest riser was Seth Jarvis who had an incredible January. He's now playing at a level that's comparable to that of most top 5/10 picks from the WHL. The second biggest was Chromiak who I had in the 100-228 range. His play in the OHL has been outstanding and given his strong D-1 season has made me a fan once again.
  • This draft is full of extremely talented, but small players. Most of the defenceman in my top 62 are under 6'1 and the same can be said for a lot of the forwards. I don't expect someone like Jacob Dion or Anton Johannesson to go in the top 62 so there should be some excellent opportunity for value in the later rounds (I think of the Spence, Nousiainen, and Fensore last year as examples)
  • This draft also has a number of very good undrafted d+1, d+2, and d+3 players. Cotton, Oksentyuk, Constantinou, McCourt, Ty and Dylan Jackson, Stepanov, Gogolev, Marushev, and others all have the production to warrant being picked.

Last edited:

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
It's a new month which means it's time for a new ranking. I've decided to go to a top 62, I think last time it was only a top 31, as there has finally been some separation and I feel like too many good players would have been left off a top 31 list. I decided to do the ranking based on tiers where any player in the tier I would considered to be "equals". Also, the first 9 players are how I would rank the top 9 of the draft and I currently don't have a top 10. As always this list is based off of almost entirely their stats and the compared to the historical data from each league, all info was from pick224.

Tier 1Player
1Alexis LafreniereW
Tier 2
2Quinton ByfieldC
3Marco RossiC
4Tim StutzleC
5Lucas RaymondW
Tier 3
6Cole PerfettiW
7Anton LundellC
8Jamie DrysdaleD
9Alexander HoltzW
Tier 4
4Seth JarvisF
4Yarslav AskarovG
4Mavrik BourqueC
4Connor ZaryC
4Jan MysakW
4Jeremie PoirierD
4Zion NybackW
4Noel GunlerW
4Tyson FoersterC
4Jacob PerreaultC
4Lukas CormierD
4Rodion AmirovF
Tier 5
5Veeti MiettinenF
5Ryan O'RourkeD
5Jake SandersonD
5Ryan FrancisW
5Dawson MercerW
5Lukas ReichelW
5Jack QuinnW
5Emil AndraeD
5Roni HirvonenF
5Carter SavoieW
5Martin ChromiakF
5Dylan HollowayW
Tier 6
6Alexander PashinW
6Brett BerardW
6Joel BlmoqvistG
6Luke EvangelistaF
6Hendrix LapierreF
6Alex CottonD
6Sean FarrellF
6Sam ColangeloF
6William VilleneuveD
6Emil HeinemanF
6Connor McClennonF
Tier 7
7Jacob DionD
7Michael BenningD
7Marat KhusnutdinovF
7John-Jason PeterkaF
7William WallinderD
7Kaiden GuhleD
7Tyler TullioF
7Xavier SimoneauF
7Kasper SimontaivalF
7Ridly GreigF
7Ozzy WiesblattF
7Jake NeighboursF
7Roby JarventieF
7Anton JohannessonD
7Oskar MagnussonF
7Thomas BordeleauF
7Justin SourdifF
7Daniil GushchinF
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

You'll have to explain to me why you have Drysdale at #8 and in tier 3. What are the major grievances with his game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad