Prospect Info: 2020 NHL draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
It would be fantastic if we got Byfield but the season would be terrible to watch again... hopefully we barely miss the playoffs then jump like 10 teams and draft him lol

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Barron and Drysdale have looked very good in the Summer Showcase. I do wonder if the top 2 guys being RD in this draft will make them look more at the forward group, since they may feel we are pretty set there now.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
May as well pick 1st overall in that case. Need a superstar Lafreniere to play with Larkin if we're going to escape the bottom third of the league.

Man I wonder how long we would think on Byfield at #1. Would we be one of maybe the five that don't have Lafreniere #1 on our board? Feels like he fits the group so well and would consolidate who we are and what we are about. A fast, big high compete team. I think we have enough skill mixed in but man if we could get lucky and get Byfield I can pretty much see out identity and I am not gonna lie, I would love watching that identity play night to night.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Barron and Drysdale have looked very good in the Summer Showcase. I do wonder if the top 2 guys being RD in this draft will make them look more at the forward group, since they may feel we are pretty set there now.

Yet another reason the Seider pick irks
2018 - one of the most defense heavy drafts in recent memory. We need defense badly. We draft a winger, even though we have at least 4 quality 24-U wingers.
2019 - One of the weaker drafts for defense. We reach to draft defense instead of going for highly ranked centers and wingers.
2020 - Lots of Cs, Wingers and RD.

I'd much rather have gone
2018 - Hughes/Bouchard/Boqvist/Dobson
2019 - Cozens/Zegras
2020 - Whatever works best.

You can't blame Yzerman, I suppose.
He took over a team that used only one first round pick on defense in 12 years. It's no surprise our defense looks the way it does.

Reactions: hkydave04

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
2018 - one of the most defense heavy drafts in recent memory. We need defense badly. We draft a winger, even though we have at least 4 quality 24-U wingers.
2019 - One of the weaker drafts for defense. We reach to draft defense instead of going for highly ranked centers and wingers.

2019 - Cozens/Zegras

He took over a team that used only one first round pick on defense in 12 years. It's no surprise our defense looks the way it does.

We’re going to have to wait and see what we have with Seider. If he plays in Grand Rapids this year, we should start to have a much clearer picture there.

Do I think they would draft a defenseman at 6 they don’t think will play on the power play and put up points? No, I don’t. So they clearly think highly of him and spent a lot of time on him last year. Maybe they’re wrong, or maybe he just wasn’t the hottest commodity in the scouting world due to playing a limited role in a lesser covered men’s league.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
We’re going to have to wait and see what we have with Seider. If he plays in Grand Rapids this year, we should start to have a much clearer picture there.

Do I think they would draft a defenseman at 6 they don’t think will play on the power play and put up points? No, I don’t. So they clearly think highly of him and spent a lot of time on him last year. Maybe they’re wrong, or maybe he just wasn’t the hottest commodity in the scouting world due to playing a limited role in a lesser covered men’s league.
I don't know man.
Seider doesn't seem like he has those quick hands/quick decision making.
Somebody compared him to Jiri Fischer the other day. I think that might be appropriate. Maybe a bit smarter and agile.
I keep thinking Parayko upside. That's really good.

But I think we could have maximized our picks and gotten a more dynamic defenseman drafting one in 18.

Hope I'm wrong and Seider is a true top pairing, all situation guy.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com

2019 - Cozens/Zegras

i totally agree about 18/bouchard-dobson-hughes-boquist , that draft in our weak d position i figured d for sure . kenny must have really really liked zadina and saw him with first line allstar potential . concerning 2019 i figure yzermans thinking at 6 to swing for the fences = go after the guy you think has best chance to be a star . but A#1 we couldnt go winger again , to loaded already and way too weak at d and c . cant go bpa forever ! and cozens-zegras only centers there so i figure yzerman wasnt high on them , and they were the only other choices in my book because theres no way i go winger again . so we rated seider best d in draft . now next draft like you say has alot of centers , thats the strategy

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018

2019 - Cozens/Zegras

Maybe Yzerman felt like Moritz was BPA AND filled a need?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Perfetti and Lapierre are some early favorites for me outside of Lafreniere/Byfield and the Euro’s.

Reactions: hkydave04

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Perfetti and Lapierre are some early favorites for me outside of Lafreniere/Byfield and the Euro’s.

Unless you're idiot Craig Button and think Byfield is #6 and Perfetti is ahead of him :laugh::laugh::whaaa?::whaaa?:

He also has Antonio Stranges at #22 which is making me think he's close with people at the USNDT...it's extremely petty to rank Stranges that low right now.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Byfield would be a dream. That kid is a freak. 2 weeks to go til he's 17 and he's allegedly already up to 6'5" but he looks as agile as gumby on skates out there. When people talk about a hockey player who is "big and can skate," they usually don't mean this big and this fast. And he just keeps stacking up higher as a skilled center with a solid and improving two-way game and the right attitude to boot. Lafreniere could put up 120+ points this year and I still wouldn't be shocked if Byfield went #1. He may not be the next McDavid offensively, but he still checks every single box on the list.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
So far, I'm liking:

Byfield
Drysdale
Guhle
Perfetti
Ponomaryov
Rolston
Sebrango
Hunt
Biakabutuka
Zary

So far.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Unless you're idiot Craig Button and think Byfield is #6 and Perfetti is ahead of him :laugh::laugh::whaaa?::whaaa?:

He also has Antonio Stranges at #22 which is making me think he's close with people at the USNDT...it's extremely petty to rank Stranges that low right now.
It's odd to have him at 6, but I think he said both in running for 1st or for lottery positions. I'm going to give Lafreniere the benefit of the doubt until late November or WJC but top 5 is looking ridiculously good.

Stranges not top 5 in the OHL for me so in the 20's seems more than fair recognizing the Swedish and Finnish prospects at the top, defense in general, and just giving the US any credit at all. He can definitely rise, but I think he has to earn it over the long haul. Shootout moves have him trending, but I want to see more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad