Prospect Info: 2020 NHL draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I would think a team sitting around the 7th-8th seed would be more desperate to add so they can try to compete, than a first place team that’s dominated all year.

Yeah, he isn't going to be that attractive to the top contenders. He is too inconsistent (in effort and execution) at the moment. Coaches like to know what they are going to get with players. The more consistent you are, the more you are trusted, the more you play. If moved during the season he goes to some team in the hunt but not guaranteed to make it.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
This guy really breaks down Stutzle’s game pretty well. Definitely recommend watching if you have some time:

stutz my fave player this draft . but being that im not as high on the top 2 as everybody else im all for trading back in effort to get two solid players this draft . one from the later 1st we trade for and the other from the prospect we get in the trade .

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
stutz my fave player this draft . but being that im not as high on the top 2 as everybody else im all for trading back in effort to get two solid players this draft . one from the later 1st we trade for and the other from the prospect we get in the trade .

I love lafreniere, but agree on stutzle. He’s going to be a dangling star. His moves through traffic remind me so much of datsyuk.

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
Statistically speaking we’re probably picking 4th and Stutzle is ranked around there. Unless you’re advocating for a trade back if we when 1OA.

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

MTU hockey

Mar 4, 2013
Colorado
I really don't follow draft prospects much besides from what posters here contribute to this thread and some of the major news outlets like McKenzie, Button, and Pronman (I really do appreciate what y'all contribute though). Although I did watch the world juniors this year, and I got to say I'm happier that we are drafting top 4 this year vs last year based on what this teams needs are. From what I can tell this team really needs a top end playmaker, and between Laf, Byfield, Raymond, Stutzle, Perfetti, 0r Rossi there are plenty of options. But honestly this team just needs top line players at every position, and I wouldn't hate if they picked Drysdale because as good as Hronek and Sieder have looked they aren't sure things. Basically I think the wings need to go BPA the next couple drafts because despite people claiming we are stacked on the wing, we really don't possess a game breaking unanimous top line player, let alone winger. I love Mantha/Zadina but I have no problem if SY drafts a player this year that projects as a play-making wing. This team just needs talent, period

Christien

May 1, 2010
move Lundell to 10 and flip stutzle with byfield and this top 10 is in line with mine. I might flip holtz and drysdale also. But this is the closest list I’ve seen to mine.
Yeah I really like their top 8

Last edited:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Outside the potential 1st rounders, any targets? Late round flyers?

What say you.

How about Connor McClennon?

I really have not watched as much of these kids this year, but everything on paper is intriguing here. Former #2 pick in the WHL draft. Late June birthdate, so one of the youngest in this class. 49 pts in 42 games so far this year. But no one has him ranked as a top 30 player, presumably because he is on the smaller side?

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019

I really have not watched as much of these kids this year, but everything on paper is intriguing here. Former #2 pick in the WHL draft. Late June birthdate, so one of the youngest in this class. 49 pts in 42 games so far this year. But no one has him ranked as a top 30 player, presumably because he is on the smaller side?

what do you think of Foudy? I’d love to get back into round one to grab him. Watching him play he reminds me a lot of a young Dylan Larkin.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
what do you think of Foudy? I’d love to get back into round one to grab him. Watching him play he reminds me a lot of a young Dylan Larkin.

Phenomenal skater. Might be the best skater in this class. Seems more skilled than his brother, probably has better offensive upside. I'm more interested in Perrault personally, if we are looking at trading up and grabbing someone later in round 1.

Reactions: Marky9er

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008

Ryan Francis and Brady Burns are in similar boats. I'd like to pick some of these small skilled guys up as they fall.

There's also Evan Vierling who might be higher up the charts if not for his situation.(Situation which I have zero understanding of for better or worse)

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
If we get Lafreniere then next year
Bert-Larkin-Mantha
Lafreniere-Rasmussen--Zadina
Veleno-Fil- Fabri

If we get Stutzle
We can slide him same way
DD-Hronek
22-Seider

I really really like how that second line is built. The playing styles are all VERY complimentary. But I don’t think they would ever put a line out with a rookie and two players that haven’t played a full year or 82 games in the nhl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad